• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Loan Watch

Can Lucas rise above his shortcomings and the low opinions Arsenal fans have of him?

• Total voters

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The crying was just posturing. I think they wanted the Partey sale to look like out of their control.

There was a poll held by Marca or one of them Spanish papers early in the summer which asked the fans Partey or Toreirra.

Needless to say the fans where overwhelmingly against the signing of Lucas.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Barca did the same loophole **** to another club last season I believe and it was shameful behavior, imo

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Rumours circulating that Athletico will be cancelling the loan in January.

Man if they terminate his loan then it looks like Lucas got played like boo boo the fool and it ended up hurting us too.

Am I mad to think he was better than Elneny or Ceballos?
He is definitely better than both of them. But I believe he had issues adjusting to English culture, weather and language. He could have been convinced to stay if Arteta possessed any sort of man-management skills. But Arteta chose to go with his Elneny, Xhaka and Ceballos (this was probably due to his Spanish bias).

GLITCH

He is definitely better than both of them. But I believe he had issues adjusting to English culture, weather and language. He could have been convinced to stay if Arteta possessed any sort of man-management skills. But Arteta chose to go with his Elneny, Xhaka and Ceballos (this was probably due to his Spanish bias).
We needed to offload players to sign Partey and possibly Aouar, but couldn't get rid of Mustafi and Kola. Even tried to sell Elneny. Torreira was in demand, so had to be done. Still had too many NHG players, so didn't register Sokratis and Özil so we could add Partey.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I don't get why we loaned this guy to one of the most competitive teams in the world. There was never a strong chance that he would become a regular starter there with all the established players they had and Torreira's recent plight.

We also ****ed them over with Partey so why are we ****ting where we eat? We should have loaned him to Italy, to a Fiorentina or Torino where he would actually get chances and play in a easier league. One where multiple sides would be interested in signing him from. The decision to reject their loan offers and then loan him anyway but to a deep squad was dumb.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't get why we loaned this guy to one of the most competitive teams in the world. There was never a strong chance that he would become a regular starter there with all the established players they had and Torreira's recent plight.

We also ****ed them over with Partey so why are we ****ting where we eat? We should have loaned him to Italy, to a Fiorentina or Torino where he would actually get chances and play in a easier league. One where multiple sides would be interested in signing him from. The decision to reject their loan offers and then loan him anyway but to a deep squad was dumb.

Think we had deals lined up with Italian teams but he only wanted to go to Atletico. Makes sames as they have a big Uruguayan influence there and you'd think the way they play is suited to him. The problem is they've realised he's rubbish so he isn't getting a game. Think we'll ship him off to Italy in the summer.

bergholt

Why would he leave when Atletico are in line for a la liga title?

He played 103 minutes in total across five matches in Jan. The guy's 24, he needs to be playing and building his career so that he can get a big contract next time around.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He played 103 minutes in total across five matches in Jan. The guy's 24, he needs to be playing and building his career so that he can get a big contract next time around.

24, playing with his pal Suarez in a la liga topping, Champions League team. He'll get minutes in the Copa and when the Champions League starts. He'll get a move to Italy in the summer.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
24, playing with his pal Suarez in a la liga topping, Champions League team. He'll get minutes in the Copa and when the Champions League starts. He'll get a move to Italy in the summer.
They are out of the cup and I doubt Simeone will play him in the knock-out stages in the CL when he has hardly played him so far

Latest posts+

Top Bottom