• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I'm not sure how his Raul agenda fits in with squad cost but I'm sure with a bit of brainstorming I could figure it out.:lol:

Now I think about it paying £72m for just one player is one of the quickest ways to increase your overall squad cost. You would think that deal should never be criticised when the only measurement you believe in is how expensively you have assembled your squad.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is a football fan view. These clubs are businesses and they will do whats in their best interesst and not based on emotional decisions. These are two diffrent transfers and thats how you deal with them as a professional.

Atletico don't want to sell one of their players. So we have to pay the release clause. This has nothing to do with Torreira who wants out and is not an important player for Arteta. So we are looking for the best option for Torreira/Arsenal. Not much came up besides Atleti and Torino. That's why he's going there.

And we don't have any background information. Maybe there is a laon fee involved. So they told us that they will pay us £5m or £5m less for Partey. Could be we have still problems for paying upfront.

Seems not a gread deal for us but in the end I think better than staying if Arteta is not planing with him.

I am a football fan, can confirm.

AndStill

Refuse to loan this midget to Atletico, he either goes to another team or stays here. There is no financial benefit for Arsenal, the loan fee is small and so are his wages. Simeone turning his head (our only expendable player with any value) so we can’t raise funds for Partey is both genius and makes me sick.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Refuse to loan this midget to Atletico, he either goes to another team or stays here. There is no financial benefit for Arsenal, the loan fee is small and so are his wages. Simeone turning his head (our only expendable player with any value) so we can’t raise funds for Partey is both genius and makes me sick.
seams like you just started following football

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If he performs well at Atletico, his value will rocket. He could be a 35m plus player next summer. Worst case scenario is we get 20m for some Serie A team next summer.

No way that we lose Torreria and do not replace him.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

This forum is so annoying sometimes. If I won the lottery or something I'd legit create my own one.:lol:
Why would you need to win the lottery? Running a forum isn't very expensive, the hard part would be keeping it active.

Tomb Bombadil

If they pay us £5m loan fee + £4m wages that there is no financial benefit?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
From the Athletic podcast:
  • Deal in finalization stages. A loan with an option but no fee disclosed.
  • Toreirra unsettled wanted to return to a more familiar environment.
  • Club (Edu) respected the player's wishes to join Atletico Madrid.
  • No effect on the Partey deal.
So basically nothing.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
From the Athletic podcast:
  • Deal in finalization stages. A loan with an option but no fee disclosed.
  • Toreirra unsettled wanted to return to a more familiar environment.
  • Club (Edu) respected the player's wishes to join Atletico Madrid.
  • No effect on the Partey deal.
So basically nothing.
nothing has to do with Partey deal but it's important for us because we need free space in this squad.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Server costs and all that no, I'm guessing you have to pay for the forum software as well? I would want to run it without ads as I'm a man of the people
Would be <$1k per year. Not taking into account any SEO or marketing costs.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Guendouzi and Sokratis were Sven signings, so not relevant to Arteta and Edu.

What's wrong with Cedric and Mari? They're cheap back-ups. I wouldn't have signed Cedric myself but Arteta must see value in someone who can cover both full-back positions when he reverts to a back 4. Luiz put in some decent performances in the latter stages of the FA Cup and took a pay-cut to stay. Not really a Kia handout because the £25m story was obviously untrue. Willian was another that was specifically requested by Arteta due to his versatility, and Pepe has the talent to still come good.

Exactly, see way too much hate for these signings around here, Cedric was quite cheap, brought experience and professionalism to the dressing room that Arteta was looking for, and is the type of quality you look for in a back-up. What is the problem?

If we had played our cards right, he even would've enabled us to get in a nice sale on AMN to enable us to spend money in other important areas (Thomas, Aouar).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, see way too much hate for these signings around here, Cedric was quite cheap, brought experience and professionalism to the dressing room that Arteta was looking for, and is the type of quality you look for in a back-up. What is the problem?

If we had played our cards right, he even would've enabled us to get in a nice sale on AMN to enable us to spend money in other important areas (Thomas, Aouar).
People get annoyed at Mari especially because he was signed in advance. He is Gabriel's backup but was signed before Gabriel and while we still had CBs we planned to get rid of.

He's cheap and fits what Arteta wants from his left sided CB.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
People get annoyed at Mari especially because he was signed in advance. He is Gabriel's backup but was signed before Gabriel and while we still had CBs we planned to get rid of.

He's cheap and fits what Arteta wants from his left sided CB.

Yes, but it's far easier to moan and label someone you have never seen a 'bum' than it is to offer alternative cheap, available left sided centre backs who would have been happy to come in on a low wage and act as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom