• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The problem here is that Guendouzi wasn't banned for his antics on the pitch (Arteta doesn't care about Maupay), but off it. And not off as in public (don't think Arteta cares about public behavior either), but off as in training, in the dressing room, in the squad. That Maupay thing was just the last straw for a final confrontation.

Xhaka can absolutely lose his head on the pitch, no question about it. But after he's cooled his head he can usually buckle down. That held true in his club career as well as the national team with the possible exception of the last months of Emery.

That's the difference here. Which is also why the last few news about that exact behavior at Hertha doesn't bode well.

much easier to believe Douzi talking **** to anyone who would listen than Xhaka

Kav

Established Member
Fiorentina offereing a loan +9m is a joke. We should be getting about 18 m and that would be good.

senna

If we get 15m for Torreira take it. We experimented on a player it didn't work out. A 10m loss is better than a 15m loss and better than a 20m loss and so on. Take the money and reinvest it.

There has been enough interest and given his age and likely wages to suggest we should get our money back. He is a uruguayan international, so I think a good loan where he plays regularly will get other clubs interest goign again as too limited to make it at arsenal.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There has been enough interest and given his age and likely wages to suggest we should get our money back. He is a uruguayan international, so I think a good loan where he plays regularly will get other clubs interest goign again as too limited to make it at arsenal.
Weve sent him on loan and it hasn't worked out. Every loan is a risk of success or failure. Every failure knocks money off as he hasn't been great and there is a year less on the contract. Take the 15m and move on from the stress and worry. Reinvest that elsewhere.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Weve sent him on loan and it hasn't worked out. Every loan is a risk of success or failure. Every failure knocks money off as he hasn't been great and there is a year less on the contract. Take the 15m and move on from the stress and worry. Reinvest that elsewhere.

We loaned him to the wrong club. It's as simple as that. We used him to pacify them over the Partey deal otherwise I don't think Simeone would've gone for him.

If he wasn't getting minutes over Guendouzi and Xhaka, what on earth would make anyone think he'd get minutes over Koke, Saul, and Llorente?

Added to that, they signed Kondogbia after he joined and Simeone now plays Carrasco in central midfield.

That's 6 established players competing for 2 midfield spots in a side that's comfortably top of their league - who's going to come out for the loanee?

I'm saying all this because I keep reading that it hasn't worked out. A loan should be to a club with whom we have a strong relationship and haven't just stolen a star player from. We need to manage the assets of our business better, including giving them better exposure.

Given his age, experience and profile. he's worth £20m on a bad day - and there are clubs willing to engage in a bidding war for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
We loaned him to the wrong club. It's as simple as that. We used him to pacify them over the Partey deal otherwise I don't think Simeone would've gone for him.

If he wasn't getting minutes over Guendouzi and Xhaka, what on earth would make anyone think he'd get minutes over Koke, Saul, and Llorente?

Added to that, they signed Kondogbia after he joined and Simeone now plays Carrasco in central midfield.

That's 6 established players competing for 2 midfield spots in a side that's comfortably top of their league - who's going to come out for the loanee?

I'm saying all this because I keep reading that it hasn't worked out. A loan should be to a club with whom we have a strong relationship and haven't just stolen a star player from. We need to manage the assets of our business better, including giving them better exposure.

Given his age, experience and profile. he's worth £20m on a bad day - and there are clubs willing to engage in a bidding war for him.
I think he wanted to go there, good player but I wouldn't say that he is too smart

TakeChillPill

Established Member
If we sold all the crap players at the right time instead of holding out and being greedy we'd have a tidy profit right now.

Sometimes you just have to cut your losses. I think club can be proud that despite so many terrible signings we're actually still competitive.

Most clubs would've gone bankrupt

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arguably all fair points. The only thing I'd say is if we are sending a 20m loan player to Madrid to appease them because we paid a release clause for their player we are barmy mad. Who did Barcelona or City send us when they tapped up our players and screwed us over? Nobody. I'd hope the club granted Torreira the move he wanted. But, yes ultimately fair points. As a club we need to manage our assets much better.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I can't find the article or quote, but I am pretty sure he favoured a switch to Athletico rather than some of the Italian clubs where he might have had an easier time.
Yep, he had the chance to go to Torino and work under his former coach at Sampdoria Giampaolo. He was also the coach who was the one in his ear constantly when he was at AC Milan during Torreira's good spell here.

Think Atletico wowed him with Cholo as the coach, the league and the club, otherwise it made no sense to snub Torino.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I can't find the article or quote, but I am pretty sure he favoured a switch to Athletico rather than some of the Italian clubs where he might have had an easier time.
I thought simone wanted to send him back? Reports about a month ago suggested this? I can see why Lucas would want to stay , a bigger club then the dregs of Italy

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I thought simone wanted to send him back? Reports about a month ago suggested this? I can see why Lucas would want to stay , a bigger club then the dregs of Italy
Yeah I remember those reports, unclear how true they were in the end.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yep but tbh I find it hard to blame the club for what happened with the loan, I put that solely on Torreira and Atletico who I think were really cynical in the way they behaved and Torreira got played.

I'm not surprised whatsoever that it didn't work out and once he decided he wanted to go to Madrid I don't think there was much we could do.

senna

Didnt we get an £8m loan fee or something? We shoudl really start putting recall clauses into our loan agreements, so we can get players back who are not playing. Poor negotiation on our parts.

We should now just threaten them that we are going to pay one of their other players releases clauses on the last day like we did with Partey if they dont release torreira. Joao Felix or Jose Gimenez will do.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Didnt we get an £8m loan fee or something? We shoudl really start putting recall clauses into our loan agreements, so we can get players back who are not playing. Poor negotiation on our parts.

We should now just threaten them that we are going to pay one of their other players releases clauses on the last day like we did with Partey if they dont release torreira. Joao Felix or Jose Gimenez will do.

You better play Torreira Athletico or we'll give you €350m Euros!!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom