Lucas Torreira (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by THunter, Jun 14, 2019.

1. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Thinking about it, we should tax Milan extra for the mess Gazidis has left us in.

field442 and say yes like this.
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Just give us cash don't want any Milan player

3. THunter

Suso is ****.

Maitland-Niles made him look like a little girl when we played Milan.

krengon, El Duderino and Sapient Hawk like this.
  4. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Kessie was awful in the both matches against us the other season. As was Suso. However in other Milan matches I've seen at least Suso has played well in some, can't say the same for Kessie.

Even for both Suso and Kessie for Torreira (who even if hes cant adapt to English life) we would be getting stitched up in the deal. There's not many DCMs in the world the level of Torreira.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    say yes likes this.
  5. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

So is so wasteful too Spanish Iwobi.

6. THunter

We just slapped the second best team in Italy, a year after slapping this Milan team and they think we want any of their poverty players?

7. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Makes sense as Xhaka & Lucas is a bad partnership lacking in too many areas... I hoped we would move on Xhaka but if Lucas so be it.

Important we upgrade though! Maybe that is putting the 35m towards a monster bid for a player like Ndidi or bringing back Bennacer for peanuts then investing in the third midfielder.

Lucas seems a nice guy but really any need for such a small DM with questionable positioning & average pace? More well rounded players out there.

8. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

I'd definitely sell Xhaka before Torreira. It was depressing to see his performance slump over the course of the season, but I believe there is quite a complete midfielder in there.

Wouldn't even consider a fee anywhere below €50m. Such a fee would allow the purchasing of an adequate replacement and free up money to invest elsewhere.

9. BenTal

BenTal Active Member

Suso is the only interesting player in AC Milan, and he was the only reason Milan has some hopes to get the UCL qualification this year (which eventually failed to obtain). Suso + 20m and I will sell Toreira ...

10. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

This is absolutely fantastic news, off you go Cartel Jay Spearing.

11. Mitch

Kessie and Xhaka would be a hell of a lot worse of a partneship, no protection for the defence.

12. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Worst rumour of the window so far.

Lock this **** thread.

NieThePiet, Camron, pigge and 3 others like this.
  13. Garrincha

If Kessie swap has to be a third midfielder for sure with defensive attributes.

Sounds like we have to make the Bennacer clause decision imminently.

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  14. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Whoever we replace Torreira with, will suffer when you put him next to Xhaka.

Artisan and Sapient Hawk like this.
  15. Mitch

Thank f*ck for that.

Sapient Hawk and Camron like this.
  16. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Torreira:
    "I've grown a lot at Arsenal, it's a very important team, that always fights for important things. I played 50 matches, almost double the previous year. I learned many things, especially how to handle matches & live different moments within the team itself."

It was learning year for him. I'm sure, that he will be better in the 2nd season. Many young players struggle in the EPL in their debut seasons. Nevertheless he showed plenty of class in the first half of the season.

Stupid rumour.

17. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

No way we are selling our third best player.

18. Camron

Camron Established Member

People are so quick to judge a guy who had to adjust to doubling his amount of games, travelling all over Europe playing in a new team in the most intensive league without a break next to Granit fckng Xhaka. The audacity to consider selling him for dropping off a bit over the course of the season. Behave.

19. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

yadda yadda yadda Xhaka yadda yadda is the reason yadda yadda why everyone sucks yadda

20. Garrincha

The Copa America starts tonight. Going to be even more knackered next season great time to sell.

The back to back tournaments even broke Mr energizer bunny Alexis.

Artisan and THunter like this.