• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
As much sense as Xhaka renewing his contract after trying to leave for 2 consecutive summer windows?
That's a fair point. Xhaka was a starter though - more than 2500 minutes last season + displaced Torreira even when he was in the side. Think there are differences in the situation.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That's a fair point. Xhaka was a starter though - more than 2500 minutes last season + displaced Torreira even when he was in the side. Think there are differences in the situation.

Not at all. The fact that Xhaka was a starter trusted by his managers and still tried his very best to leave 2 summers running, even flirting with other managers, makes his sin all the more grievous, for it would seem he had no reason to be unhappy with his lot here, whilst Torreira had ever right to look for a club that valued him more.

I think Torreira on the bench would be a good option for us.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It's not about his quality as a player. I'll leave it to BPP and others to debate how good or bad he was when he joined us. He has completely tanked since - he doesn't want to be here, he's said it clearly and publicly in the press a number of times.

Why would or should Arteta want him back in those circumstances? He can't trust him at all. I'm not criticizing Torreira for the loss of his mother or any mental health issues he's had since, but purely speaking for Arsenal's interests, we are better off with him gone. There's no way back for Torreira here now. Surely that's not a controversial viewpoint is it?
To say that Xhaka was any better than Douzi or Torreira would be a lie, but somehow he is still trusted by fans and the manager.
The number of times Xhaka had a mental breakdown on the pitch, his issues with the fans, and him wanting to leave is being ignored on this forum while at the same time fans abuse Torreira for being homesick (or whatever was wrong with him) or Douzi for being stupid.
If Torreira and Douzi had to leave, fine, but you don't go and beg Xhaka to stay at the same time if you apply the same rules for everyone.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
To say that Xhaka was any better than Douzi or Torreira would be a lie, but somehow he is still trusted by fans and the manager.
The number of times Xhaka had a mental breakdown on the pitch, his issues with the fans, and him wanting to leave is being ignored on this forum while at the same time fans abuse Torreira for being homesick (or whatever was wrong with him) or Douzi for being stupid.
If Torreira and Douzi had to leave, fine, but you don't go and beg Xhaka to stay at the same time if you apply the same rules for everyone.
Guendouzi has a boat load more talent, but very limited tactical intelligence and discipline, and Torreira, as we feared might be the case, just doesn't the physical attributes to be a viable regular starter in the EPL - and after Emery sticking him at 10 killed his confidence, he totally lost his mojo.

Xhaka has the good fortune to have strengths we've otherwise found it hard to come by.

Di Marzio: Eintracht Frankfurt have made offer to Arsenal, but player wants Italy move; Fiorentina & Lazio interested

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Frankfurt Fiorentina and Lazio all interested in Torreira according to Di Marzio he want to back to italy according to him.

Eintracht Frankfurt already made offer to Arsenal but the player want italy move.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Frankfurt would be so good for him, especially after the injury from Rode.

But can understand him, that he wants to go back to Italy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

it was awful he didnt settle and wants out on his terms.
I have sympathy for his personal issues.
Pretty much how I feel. Clearly going through something so feel bad for him but this signing has been nothing but a disaster on every level.

Drags and drags too cause he doesn't help himself with his footballing decisions. Instead of joining the club that's willing to put money on the table for his services, he picks the inferior loan (looks like he's doing it again) only to return here.

I rarely write off players but this guy is not gonna make it, he's done.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Sigh we have to accept loan + option coz he won't accept the buy option... Please try Germany Lucas.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I will never understand the decision for his loan to Atletico. They've already had a very strong midfield, all of their players were healthy and even Kondogbia was often on the bench. How did he think he would play there, especially while being on loan? For a loan to work you either have to be a lot better than their players or there should be a lot of injuries going on.

His value was lost there, his career went downhill the moment he went there so both the club and the player have lost a lot. What a stupid decision from all parties involved, unbelievable

mirrorstare

It was based on thinking he could take over Partey's spot in Atleti

Unfortunately Atleti discovered Partey was a liability and they didn't really need him at all, so the gap for Torreira to take over stopped existing and they just went on to win the league, deploying him just as a general purpose sub to close out games

Based on that his preference for Italy, the league that saw the best version of him, is a smart choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom