• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
How have Liverpool sold a **** footballer like Minamino for £12million and we are having to give Torreira away for £5mill… our selling has been atrocious.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Carl Jenkinson? He's about the worse example possible. Awful take by @Entropics

Yep, Jenko was the prime example of an albeit crap player who gave absolutely everything and genuinely loved the club. I think most Arsenal fans had a soft spot for him, he was basically one of us.

Can't hate on players who give their all even if they're rubbish. Pretty sure Jenko was never terrified of London and actually fulfilling his duties for the club who paid his wages, no media crying etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There confusion about how much we getting from him but the max i saw is 8.5M€. At least there won't be staying up add ons

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I didn't think we'd get anything for him at all so very happy with this reported fee.

Hopefully he settles better in Istanbul. He's a fairly decent player when in the right frame of mind.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Dont care about the fee, just glad hes gone.

We haven't seen him in an Arsenal shirt for years :lol:

I only have this energy for certain potential criminals really, the rest of the lads fringes, star players or consistent presence like Xhaka are honestly fine.

I don't really understand this frustration towards Torreira who in the grand scheme is such a negligible part of the club.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
10M might be our best sale this window

We should probably encourage our players to be "unprofessional" if that ends up helping our deals

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We haven't seen him in an Arsenal shirt for years :lol:

I only have this energy for certain potential criminals really, the rest of the lads fringes, star players or consistent presence like Xhaka are honestly fine.

I don't really understand this frustration towards Torreira who in the grand scheme is such a negligible part of the club.
I just want a decent cm mate, his wages/squad space may block that.

Anyway Tets out!!

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Yep, Jenko was the prime example of an albeit crap player who gave absolutely everything and genuinely loved the club. I think most Arsenal fans had a soft spot for him, he was basically one of us.

Can't hate on players who give their all even if they're rubbish. Pretty sure Jenko was never terrified of London and actually fulfilling his duties for the club who paid his wages, no media crying etc.
Yeah, no one can complain that the Corporal didn't give it his all - and for about 18 months was pretty good. Lets not forget he got an England cap while at the club. He wasn't on huge wages, he never complained, his professionalism was never questioned, and was totally open about the fact he was living the dream. When he scored against Norwich he looked so so happy!

We kind of always knew he probably wasn't good enough, but hoped he might become a good cover options. At his best he was a bit like a bigger Lee Dixon, but it turned out that was a purple patch and not his level, particularly after he did his ACL after a good loan spell at WHU. But we still sold him for a profit, despite his contract running down.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

He rejected personal terms with the only club slightly interested when he was deemed not good enough by us and then wasted a couple of seasons leeching on those sweet Arsenal wages, barely featuring for those seasons and proving his lack of worth in a championship club loan.

That's a lot worse than crying about wanting to leave and readily agreeing personal terms with anyone interested until you end up playing in what is clearly not your preferred destination, but unfortunately for Torreira he didn't fill his bedroom with Arsenal memorabilia.

Tbf the guy could probably become an Arsenal coach after a couple of talksport interviews, so can see why that was a poor example. That's on me, but I don't really have any other recent similar examples.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Can only imagine you haven’t actually watched us for the last thirty years
Tell me one field player with 30+ matches per season worst then him. I am honest I only watched Arsenal since Wenger arrived so maybe 30 is a lot but at least 20 is right. I can't remember one season starter worst than him. Even Giroud did better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom