• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The difference between a team with unlimited cash and one with limited resources and poor transfer business.
Not to be rude but do you ever give it a rest about squad/player cost? There's more to football you know, you dont have to commit every comment to proving a point.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Torreira has had an odd Arsenal career, most of us saw some promise but he just didnt kick on. Some blame has to be put on Emery this season, but in general Torreira has clearly been home/italy sick.

Its the kind of situation where we sell and he plays well elsewhere, he's not as suited to the EPL as the Serie A. I do think he could have given more if we were more patient with him and didnt faff around playing him like a ****ing false9 but thats football (arsenal) I guess.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We will probably replace him with a technically limited box to box cm type that runs about like headless chicken, making tackles and can't string a couple of passes together.
Arteta playing Ceballos ahead of Torreira at DM should tell you enough that this is obviously false.

Last edited:

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Likeable guy, decent player and would rather sell Xhaka but if Torreira is unsettled, and it certainly seems like it, then we shouldn`t hesitate to sell him if we get a decent fee. At least 20M though.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Spotting the next success story is the real challenge, as almost 90% of the squad these days turn out to be bums now or later.

Sad truth but Martinelli and Saka look like class youngsters. I can’t say much for anyone else other than Auba.

With Ceballos also most likely leaving, would mean a massive overhaul in one fell swoop.

Yeah not surprised. I would bin the whole midfield roaster given the opportunity but I think Arteta will be tempted to try to build a midfield that gets the best out of Xhaka. I hate Xhaka but there must be reason manager favor him and I believe Arteta can be the guy Xhaka needs to improve.

Torreira hasn't really wanted to be here for a long time and Ceballos will consider this as an unsuccessful loan and I doubt he comes back. Don't think Arteta likes Guendouzi at all but they will be stuck with each other for at least one more year.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Arteta gives Torreira another chance, if you think about it with Torreira, we brought him as an original cdm & that was where he came out & blitzed it for us on his great start, after that Emery played him a lot further up field & that's where he completely lost his form & seemed to want to head out & leave.

We are yet to see much of Torreira under Arteta but I wouldn't be surprised if Arteta plays him in his proper position just in front of the back 4. If that was to happen that is when we will be able to see if he actually does want out still or whether he is still keen to play with us but in his preferred position. On the other hand, if Arteta still plays him further up the field then I'd say we'll see him want to leave & he can go.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
We will never be able to return our investment in this guy. Could have picked some random Championship defensive midfielder and give us the same results without spending that much.

I remember last summer advocating to sell him while there was still some ambiguity about his potential but as usual we leave things too late.

Steev10

Let him go. It’s hard enough getting the players we have play well, we don’t need someone who doesn’t want to be here. Thanks for the two (average) years.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
We will never be able to return our investment in this guy. Could have picked some random Championship defensive midfielder and give us the same results without spending that much.

I remember last summer advocating to sell him while there was still some ambiguity about his potential but as usual we leave things too late.

lol

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If we recoup most of our money for him then it wont be bad. Torreira, Ceballos, Elneny out and bring in Partey or someone similar.

I see Xhaka x Partey being a nice base to the midfield (if Xhaka continues not being ****)

Jae

Meh. I can count the amount of players in our squad that I'd be upset if they left us on one hand. Next.

say yes

forum master baiter
Another important question; Who will be happiest this summer....

Me if Özil leaves
Poppa if Torreira leaves
Gary Deep if Luiz leaves
or Hydro if Lacazette leaves

Have to say, leaning towards saying Hydro on this one. Might not agree with him on this matter, but i feel like his persistence in this matter will earn him the most happy trophy
Hydro will probably do a 180 when Lacazette leaves and start sucking him off and complaining that the board sold a top player. Did the same routine with Giroud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom