Lucas Torreira (Out)

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Hunta, Jun 14, 2019.

1. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

With Ceballos also most likely leaving, would mean a massive overhaul in one fell swoop.

Oxeki likes this.
  2. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

I been tryna get the Pepe and Tierney train started, early days but there’s some support there. Guendouzi looks like a good shout though.

Tourbillion and American_Gooner like this.
  3. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

Spotting the next success story is the real challenge, as almost 90% of the squad these days turn out to be bums now or later.

BigPoppaPump and Fewtch like this.
  4. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Not to be rude but do you ever give it a rest about squad/player cost? There's more to football you know, you dont have to commit every comment to proving a point.

5. Red London

Torreira has had an odd Arsenal career, most of us saw some promise but he just didnt kick on. Some blame has to be put on Emery this season, but in general Torreira has clearly been home/italy sick.

Its the kind of situation where we sell and he plays well elsewhere, he's not as suited to the EPL as the Serie A. I do think he could have given more if we were more patient with him and didnt faff around playing him like a ****ing false9 but thats football (arsenal) I guess.

6. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Arteta playing Ceballos ahead of Torreira at DM should tell you enough that this is obviously false.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  7. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Partey in Lucas out, all good
    442 Auba Laca

8. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Likeable guy, decent player and would rather sell Xhaka but if Torreira is unsettled, and it certainly seems like it, then we shouldn`t hesitate to sell him if we get a decent fee. At least 20M though.

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

Sad truth but Martinelli and Saka look like class youngsters. I can’t say much for anyone else other than Auba.

10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Yeah I'm far far away but I can just sense the cold between Arteta and Guendouzi. I've never felt anything like it. Its just pure ice and hate.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Yeah not surprised. I would bin the whole midfield roaster given the opportunity but I think Arteta will be tempted to try to build a midfield that gets the best out of Xhaka. I hate Xhaka but there must be reason manager favor him and I believe Arteta can be the guy Xhaka needs to improve.

Torreira hasn't really wanted to be here for a long time and Ceballos will consider this as an unsuccessful loan and I doubt he comes back. Don't think Arteta likes Guendouzi at all but they will be stuck with each other for at least one more year.

12. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Arteta gives Torreira another chance, if you think about it with Torreira, we brought him as an original cdm & that was where he came out & blitzed it for us on his great start, after that Emery played him a lot further up field & that's where he completely lost his form & seemed to want to head out & leave.

We are yet to see much of Torreira under Arteta but I wouldn't be surprised if Arteta plays him in his proper position just in front of the back 4. If that was to happen that is when we will be able to see if he actually does want out still or whether he is still keen to play with us but in his preferred position. On the other hand, if Arteta still plays him further up the field then I'd say we'll see him want to leave & he can go.

13. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

14. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

We will never be able to return our investment in this guy. Could have picked some random Championship defensive midfielder and give us the same results without spending that much.

I remember last summer advocating to sell him while there was still some ambiguity about his potential but as usual we leave things too late.

15. Steev10

Steev10 New Member

Let him go. It’s hard enough getting the players we have play well, we don’t need someone who doesn’t want to be here. Thanks for the two (average) years.

16. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

lol

17. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

Funny how we got rid of Cazorla, Ramsey, and soon Torreira, but Xhaka and Özil somehow survive the cut every time.
    No wonder we are a mid table club

18. Red London

If we recoup most of our money for him then it wont be bad. Torreira, Ceballos, Elneny out and bring in Partey or someone similar.

I see Xhaka x Partey being a nice base to the midfield (if Xhaka continues not being ****)

19. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Meh. I can count the amount of players in our squad that I'd be upset if they left us on one hand. Next.

20. say yes

say yes To Sweet Soulful House Music

Hydro will probably do a 180 when Lacazette leaves and start sucking him off and complaining that the board sold a top player. Did the same routine with Giroud.