• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

don't want to go full conspiracy but is it possible Emery is doing this on purpose almost as a protest because he wanted Nzonzi instead of Lucas?

Why would he do this just this season?
If he's wanted to make a point, he would have pulled this kind of bs last season, don't you think?

+ we had no link during the summer for Nzonzi or a similar player.

I don't think so tbf.

This is just what he does. At PSG he's tried to play Verratti as a CAM, it was a failure. Verratti wasn't happy and has complained to the club.

Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No chance:lol:

Mahrez admitted in wanted to join us after their league win, so we still had some aura then...what happened to The Arsenal :(

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No need for Ndidi with this kid out there.

Would love to see him with Guendouzi & Willock! Going to keep pushing it until links real like Zaha & Luiz. :drool:

Would even feel at home with the same stadium.

Mahrez admitted in wanted to join us after their league win, so we still had some aura then...what happened to The Arsenal :(
Well, we had one of the best coaches in the history of the PL who despite failing to win major trophies on his wee years, still commanded a lot of respect and played some fantastic football so I think most players would have wanted to play under him.

I don't know but I always had the feeling that Wenger could have delivered if proper players were forced down on him. I fail to see him doing so much worse than Guardiola with a City squad for example. One could argue that our squad is only a proper midfield away from being a really good team. Thoughts?

Last edited:

No need for Ndidi with this kid out there.

Would love to see him with Guendouzi & Willock! Going to keep pushing it until links real like Zaha & Luiz. :drool:

Would even feel at home with the same stadium.

Leicester will probably see it instead and cash on Ndidi for 50+ then go sign him for 15ish. That's how they do it over there, easy money!

Riou

Well, we had one of the best coaches in the history of the PL who despite failing to win major trophies on his wee years, still commanded a lot of respect and played some fantastic football so I think most players would have wanted to play under him.

I don't know but I always had the feeling that Wenger could have delivered if proper players were forced down on him. I fail to see him doing so much worse than Guardiola with a City squad for example. One could argue that our squad is only a proper midfield away from being a really good team. Thoughts?

I think the way we structured the stadium move, it definitely changed Arsène...I wouldn’t say it took his edge away, but he understood that to stay at Arsenal he wouldn’t have the success he previously had at Highbury, so he had to reduce is edge in a way...so he had to change what success meant to him, Arsène was a winner, what he did from 1996-2006 proved that...he easily could have left after the Champions League final a hero and gone to Real Madrid and won more, and Arsène would have with that kind of money...but he didn’t want to win with someone else, he wanted to keep winning with Arsenal, as he was Arsenal...must have annoyed him on the inside to see the financial situation make us drop from a 1st/2nd place team, to a 3rd/4th place team post 2006...and he did everything he could to help make us win again, and he came so close many times...but the odds were always massively against him at the Emirates, but he always believed...Arsène always hit the squad max...when we had a 1st or 2nd place team, that’s where we finished...when we had a 3rd or 4th place team, that’s where we finished...when we had a 5th or 6th place team, that’s where we finished...Arsène didn’t need the money of a Guardiola, Mourinho or even a Ferguson...he just didn’t need to be as severely handicapped as he was at The Grove.

I think the way we structured the stadium move, it definitely changed Arsène...I wouldn’t say it took his edge away, but he understood that to stay at Arsenal he wouldn’t have the success he previously had at Highbury, so he had to reduce is edge in a way...so he had to change what success meant to him, Arsène was a winner, what he did from 1996-2006 proved that...he easily could have left after the Champions League final a hero and gone to Real Madrid and won more, and Arsène would have with that kind of money...but he didn’t want to win with someone else, he wanted to keep winning with Arsenal, as he was Arsenal...must have annoyed him on the inside to see the financial situation make us drop from a 1st/2nd place team, to a 3rd/4th place team post 2006...and he did everything he could to help make us win again, and he came so close many times...but the odds were always massively against him at the Emirates, but he always believed...Arsène always hit the squad max...when we had a 1st or 2nd place team, that’s where we finished...when we had a 3rd or 4th place team, that’s where we finished...when we had a 5th or 6th place team, that’s where we finished...Arsène didn’t need the money of a Guardiola, Mourinho or even a Ferguson...he just didn’t need to be as severely handicapped as he was at The Grove.
Well said. I bet you'd take him back right now?

Riou

Well said. I bet you'd take him back right now?

1xnabf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom