• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I don't see a plan in the things we are doing.

Kolasinac for example is allowed to train with the team, while we have two Left Backs (+ Cedric) in our squad. He is on high wages, has one year left on his contract - nobody wants him, Arsenal doesn't need him.

But Torreira isn't allowed to train with the team at least? He is still only 25, was one of the best midfielders in Italy, but we are completely freezing him out? He isn't on high wages, still has 2 years left on his contract. In addition he is playing a position we aren't good stacked at, especially after the Partey injury.

We are completely ruining his value. He was a 20m+ transfer and in this way we will not even get 10m anymore. Every club knows, that he won't play here, so they will try a cheap loan in the last week of the transfer window.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Kolasinac for example is allowed to train with the team, while we have two Left Backs (+ Cedric) in our squad. He is on high wages, has one year left on his contract - nobody wants him, Arsenal doesn't need him.

But Torreira isn't allowed to train with the team at least? He is still only 25, was one of the best midfielders in Italy, but we are completely freezing him out? He isn't on high wages, still has 2 years left on his contract. In addition he is playing a position we aren't good stacked at, especially after the Partey injury.

We are completely ruining his value. He was a 20m+ transfer and in this way we will not even get 10m anymore. Every club knows, that he won't play here, so they will try a cheap loan in the last week of the transfer window.

Who said he’s not allowed? He could be doing a Harry Kane for all we know.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

It's absolute chaos with the way we're devaluing so many of our players.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

Wasn't this asshole demanding we let him go for cheap/free to Boca Junior? Pretty sure it's him that wants to do the training away from the team. Wouldn't surprise me if he is doing a Harry Kane, but because him and Arsenal are so irrelevant these days that no one has bothered picking up on it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Because players under contract they allowed to train the Torreira situation maybe we give we just gave him extended time because his mentality and emotionally drained and we knew he not in our plans just giving him time to sort the move

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Last summer he should have taken the loans from Fiorentina or Torino but he chosen to go to A.Madrid and they didn't play him his value gone down even more.

There will be loan offers from italy again in late days of the window his agent will try and get him a move.
Think he killed his career with that move, which was always a weird one when you think about how many options A. Madrid already had when he was joining. Not much brain in that little head I'm afraid

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Wasn't this asshole demanding we let him go for cheap/free to Boca Junior? Pretty sure it's him that wants to do the training away from the team. Wouldn't surprise me if he is doing a Harry Kane, but because him and Arsenal are so irrelevant these days that no one has bothered picking up on it.

Yeah, there's no love lost from me when it comes to Edu and Arteta but I think with Torreira, he's been the agitator throughout almost this entire saga (I use agitator loosely as it's not like he's misbehaved per say).

Even after his first season there were whisperings that he felt homesick and I'd have bet anything that if the club's plan came off last summer he'd have gone on a season long loan to Italy with a £14M-£20M obligation to buy.

Instead he got his head turned by Simeone and hardly got a sniff at Atletico which is a huge surprise to not a single soul.

I do have great sympathy with regards to his mother having lost mine myself (years ago) so I won't comment on him wanting to go to Argentina (edit: not back because he's Uruguayan lol) because I can empathise with that.

But that aside I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that doesn't want to be around England.

So essentially it's Torreira that's tanked his own value.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Yeah, there's no love lost from me when it comes to Edu and Arteta but I think with Torreira, he's been the agitator throughout almost this entire saga (I use agitator loosely as it's not like he's misbehaved per say).

Even after his first season there were whisperings that he felt homesick and I'd have bet anything that if the club's plan came off last summer he'd have gone on a season long loan to Italy with a £14M-£20M obligation to buy.

Instead he got his head turned by Simeone and hardly got a sniff at Atletico which is a huge surprise to not a single soul.

I do have great sympathy with regards to his mother having lost mine myself (years ago) so I won't comment on him wanting to go to Argentina (edit: not back because he's Uruguayan lol) because I can empathise with that.

But that aside I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that doesn't want to be around England.

So essentially it's Torreira that's tanked his own value.
Yeah, it seems like he is either getting very bad advice or ignoring the good advice he does get. The club seem to have its hand forced for a player who struggles mentally when things are not going his way.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

If I know one thing, then that Torreira was part of Emery's first season where we had an unbeaten run of around 18 games or so ?

We looked decent, he played a vital part, scored vs Sp**s.. and we are now playing sleepy Mo.
Torreira is 100% better than Elneny, no one should even have a start for an argument, Torreira had strong patches for us whilst Elneny had 5 good games over 5 years.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
One of the most brutally bungled transfers in this club's history. Total disaster.

Liam_Og

One of the most brutally bungled transfers in this club's history. Total disaster.
He played more than Lucas Perez and Chu-Young Park.

add a few more to the list and we have a bit of a history of this sort of thing at the club, Torreira situation is just being scrutinised because we are underperforming and transfers are seen as the way to get out of the slump. He’s seen as an obstacle to the great incomings arsenal fans have been promised.

if Arsenal were challenging for the title, this thread would have 10 pages of most people saying ‘meh’.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He played more than Lucas Perez and Chu-Young Park.

add a few more to the list and we have a bit of a history of this sort of thing at the club, Torreira situation is just being scrutinised because we are underperforming and transfers are seen as the way to get out of the slump. He’s seen as an obstacle to the great incomings arsenal fans have been promised.

if Arsenal were challenging for the title, this thread would have 10 pages of most people saying ‘meh’.
Right but the point is that he's symbolic of how grossly mismanaged this club has been and continues to be.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If I know one thing, then that Torreira was part of Emery's first season where we had an unbeaten run of around 18 games or so ?

We looked decent, he played a vital part, scored vs Sp**s.. and we are now playing sleepy Mo.
Torreira is 100% better than Elneny, no one should even have a start for an argument, Torreira had strong patches for us whilst Elneny had 5 good games over 5 years.
El Neny is 10x the player Torreira is and El Neny is mediocre personified.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
In hindsight I'm really glad Sven left.
Most of his signings have turned so bad.

Torreira I don't understand how he lost his level and confidence. He's never been a great player, but his first months under Emery were more than ok. He had very good games, especially in Europa League when he was playing in a midfield of 2 with Ramsey when we tore appart Napoli and Valencia.

And now he's basically unplayable. And nobody wants him anymore.
I was saying this years ago when people were crying about him leaving, all his transfers were poor or uninspired i.e. just signing ex Dortmund players and German guys like Leno. People were acting like he was some saviour of the club when he was a charlatan in his own right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom