• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Guy was amazing against Napoli and Tottenham and had talent. Could have been a good signing what a shame it didn’t work out. Fiorentina will probably sign for around 10 million euros
He had a fair amount of good games for us, but the problem is his personality that puts everyone off. He's been one of their best players and there is still a chance they won't buy him for that small fee being mentioned, which tells you everything.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I think people have forgotten how bad Torreira was, Ceballos has chosen ahead of him, in the summer of 2020 Arteta chose to give Elneny game-time while deeming Torreira surplus to requirement. Not physically capable in the PL and can't pass the ball more than 5 yards.
That worked amazingly well now that our midfield gets trashed by bottom half teams but boyz like Torreira and Douzi were deemed not good enough for this club.
I refuse to rate players based on who Arteta played or not, everything he did so far was wrong or questionable with no results in return, that includes Saliba, Torreira, Douzi, and Pepe, players Teta didn't like but his replacements failed to justify any of the big decisions he made so far, and I would say we look worse than before he made the changes.
Has nothing to do with Torreira really, I like him as a player but he is a proper ****, it's just a general thing on this forum how easily people buy into Arteta's bs

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That worked amazingly well now that our midfield gets trashed by bottom half teams but boyz like Torreira and Douzi were deemed not good enough for this club.
I refuse to rate players based on who Arteta played or not, everything he did so far was wrong or questionable with no results in return, that includes Saliba, Torreira, Douzi, and Pepe, players Teta didn't like but his replacements failed to justify any of the big decisions he made so far, and I would say we look worse than before he made the changes.
Has nothing to do with Torreira really, I like him as a player but he is a proper ****, it's just a general thing on this forum how easily people buy into Arteta's bs

Emery dropped him as well tbf, just don't think he's suited to the PL. I'd my mind made up about Torreira well before Arteta got here.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Emery dropped him as well tbf, just don't think he's suited to the PL. I'd my mind made up about Torreira well before Arteta got here.
He was his key player at the beginning, bossing the midfield. Emery switched to a 2 man midfield which Torreira (or any other midfielder at the club) couldn't handle, and that was the point fans turned against him. Later on, he pushed him forward which was a joke itself.
As I'm saying, just like Arteta, Emery was well capable of doing weird stuff, and it's a common thing in football. It's on you to make your own judgments rather than saying manager x didn't play him or like him, most of these managers are just normal average people, not some geniuses you all think they are

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Torreira agent : Arsenal accepted Fiorentina to pay 15M€ in 6 installment last summer but Fiorentina changed the terms last few weeks and wanted to pay lower.

He also added him and and Fiorentina accepted salary of 2.7M a year for Torreira but again Fiorentina wanted to lower that in last few weeks.

Arsenal refused the new Fiorentina terms. No deal.

The summery about this is Italian club no matter how rich they are they'll try to be cheap

MA08

The optimist in me says it is because Torreira found another club? The pessimist says Fiorentina will increase his salary if he can reduce the transfer fee

em9999

My rainbows
With the form he showed season just gone , I doubt they will let the chance of signing past em by .. and even if they do someone else will come in

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Fiorentina still in contact with Torreira agent they still want to find right solution. his agent want 2.7M for Torreira and he want 5-10% agent fee.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Reminds me a bit of the reported Aouar deal. You worry for Torreira though. He pulls his career back from extreme homesickness and reported mental health struggles - and then jeopardises a "done deal" to a club where he's performing because his agent got greedy. Obviously we don't know the contract between player and agent but still, smells of bad judgement at least.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Fiorentina fans absolutely love Torreira really hope the agent and Fiorentina board can find agreement

tcahill

Serie A clubs will be lining up to get him. 15 mill for him to Fiorentina was under market value anyway.

I'd honestly take him here again if he's willing, would definitely rather see him than Lokonga or even Elneny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom