• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Haha mate who is twisting and turning?

You have there on that page people saying 20-25m was a very poor fee. That summer / autumn was all like that, people claiming that we were getting fleeced for not getting 20m. When in reality we should've been happy to get 10m at that point.

Anyways, it's all there in that thread, I understand your desire to make it look better than it was, though. As is always done with all the things the majority of the forum looks really bad with in retrospect (meltdowns about Arteta last summer after three games, Thomas Partey's position and playing style, Saliba ordeal, AMN to Wolves, Willock, Buendía over Ødegaard and Ødegaard in general at many points, Ramsdale, Ben White, Martinelli being wasted under Arteta, our summer window being **** last summer and Edu being clueless, the list goes on and on...).

Haha, Literally two pages in from your link people are saying the fee is good. 10m would've been an absolute joke, but I know you know that.

I understand your desire to get to say you "told you so", though. It's one he'll of a drug.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
10m would've been an absolute joke, but I know you know that.
How would 10m have been an absolute joke? It's about 10m more than what we're looking at right now, and more importantly, it was two years ago and it would've allowed us to re-invest that money. Of course I don't know that, because it's nonsense. 10m would've been a fine fee and looking back two years later that's even clearer.
I understand your desire to get to say you "told you so", though. It's one he'll of a drug.

You look back in time and are reminded that the consensus on this forum is dead wrong an overwhelming majority of the time, and it is a good reminder to yourself to not let the consensus thinking here influence you whatsoever, and to not take but a few posters who separate themselves from that group seriously.
It's not about 'told you so', it's about genuinely marvelling at how little accuracy and how little predictive power the majority's predictions and analysis have here (and how incommensurate that is with the confidence / arrogance with which such predictions and analysis are offered, and differing opinions treated), and reflecting upon that and reminding myself to not let myself be affected in the least by the overwhelming opinion here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Alot of interest for Torreira today i also read Lazio and monza yeah Berlusconi boys want him.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If Torreira leaves before is contract is up, we're paying him off or at absolute best getting a contract termination. I've accepted that.

We won't get 1p for him.

Probably another loan is on the cards where some Italian club scams us into still paying 80% of his wages or something stupid.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I'd be seriously disappointed if we don't get 10m for one of most inform midfielders in Serie a last season. I mean wtf is this.

All thanks to Fiorentina these c**ts. Look at them even free signing they being cheap with it they can't sign this Austrian midfielder they chasing ffs
They are gonna be a mid/bottom table team with or without Torreira, and without ambition, I can't understand you insisting on them to buy the player, especially when he is a hard sell once he starts crying

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Translation:

Lucas Torreira “My desire to stay at Arsenal? No. From the beginning they told me that I had no place, so my desire is not to stay either. Any team that want me has to pay my value of approximately 15m”

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Translation:

Lucas Torreira “My desire to stay at Arsenal? No. From the beginning they told me that I had no place, so my desire is not to stay either. Any team that want me has to pay my value of approximately 15m”
We’ll be lucky to get £5m for this lad, need to just cut our losses.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Is this the longest 5 year contract in human history?

Feels like he's been here a decade already.

No-ones paying £15m for him. In fact I doubt we'd get £3m for him. Back on the loan merry go round he'll go I'm sure.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
At least he honest it's clear he has no place here since 2020 he don't like PL or England in general i can't believe people asking why we not keeping.

I'm just dissapointed after the season he had there little interest ffs.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
At least he honest it's clear he has no place here since 2020 he don't like PL or England in general i can't believe people asking why we not keeping.

I'm just dissapointed after the season he had there little interest ffs.

Think he's on 75k-100k a week, which is harder for smaller Italian teams to pay. Maybe we should just keep him as a Partey back up

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think he's on 75k-100k a week, which is harder for smaller Italian teams to pay. Maybe we should just keep him as a Partey back up
I would like to keep him instead of Elneny but as i mentioned he don't want to be here he won't even report for pre season.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
@Blood on the Tracks is spot on, Torreira is going to soak up the last year of his contract.

He has been nothing but a leach for the club, remember this knob begging for a move to Boca Juniors at the clubs expense.

Man is constantly moaning about being here but literally wont **** off, said it before and will say it again; 100% Torreira wouldnt accept a mutual termination with both club and player parting ways this summer, he wants to bum every last penny of his contract.

Wish there was a case where he was made to pay every bit back, hes conned a contract out of Arsenal whilst spending the majority of time playing for other clubs where he would be on half that and it all being his choice.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
No way I'd take Torreira over elneny. Elneny had the same situation last season where he was not needed by Mikel. But he worked his way through it. This guy has been a cry baby ever since he joined us. Get rid asap.

Elneny is the most professional player we’ve had in a very long time. A trait few values because it’s not always visible. Top top man and ambassador for my club, the likes of torreira and Özil are no ambassadors in my book

bergholt

Elneny is the most professional player we’ve had in a very long time. A trait few values because it’s not always visible. Top top man and ambassador for my club, the likes of torreira and Özil are no ambassadors in my book

Lichtsteiner was professional too. Usually the most professional players are the ones who are no good at football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom