• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Lucas Torreira (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Personally I'd keep him as a back up or make him play with the under 23s. Either get something out of the investment or tank his career. Both are better than letting the midget beta dictate

What good does that really do though?

You got to take the feelings out of it and just do what makes business sense, there is really no point in having him in the u23's moaning and earning 70k a week just to make a point cos he'll leave after anyway.

I also wouldnt trust him to be backup to anyone at this stage.

The only real option is to take whatever best offer becomes available and part ways and move on from this *****.

Arson Finger

If he doesn't show up for training then the club shouldn't have to pay him. If he wants his money he should have to show up in England and train to uphold his contractual responsibilities.
Time for the club to take a stand against this kind of nonsense. No training, no pay.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You can never call a football player a leach, I have always maintained that. Club gave him the contract.

If he doesn’t turn up for training or breaks serious rules, there will be a disciplinary process with huge fines.
I agree with GDeep. ****.

Token Yank

This guy sucks. Can't believe people want him in the squad. He ****s himself under any type of pressure and can't run. Elneny offers more than him and that is saying something.

Mraven

You can't blame either Arsenal or Torreira. Torreira has excellent season somehow Fiorentina decide to not pay 15m€ on thier top 3 player of season and that i found frustrating and disrespectful for player.
Of course you blame Edu. You can’t put in an optional purchase clause and then be angry at them for not using it.

This is classic Arsenal. Let player run down their contract on loan and give them away for free.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Of course you blame Edu. You can’t put in an optional purchase clause and then be angry at them for not using it.

This is classic Arsenal. Let player run down their contract on loan and give them away for free.

So are you telling me Edu had a chance to put in an obligation to buy or sell him straight but he chose to loan him out with an option to buy? I find that hard to believe.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You tell him either you find a loan that pays 100% of his wages for the next season / come to a mutually agreed termination.

Or come back to the country / city you hate so much and cry every day while you're training by yourself.

We've done a lot for this guy in terms of time off for family issues, getting him perpetual loans to the 2 countries he seems happy to play in. Time to stop bending over backwards for him now.

Mraven

So are you telling me Edu had a chance to put in an obligation to buy or sell him straight but he chose to loan him out with an option to buy? I find that hard to believe.
You put a clause on number of appearances. If he turns out to be a key player (which he was), they have to sign him or leave him on the bench.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
You put a clause on number of appearances. If he turns out to be a key player (which he was), they have to sign him or leave him on the bench.
That does require both parties to agree to it, and there wasn't exactly a queue of suitors as I remember. Also Italian clubs love benching players to avoid activating clauses or paying loan fees. Remember when Napoli did that with Ospina when he was first choice, so they could negotiate buying him for a £1m less a few months later...

FinnGooner

Established Member
Ok. That’s and obligation to buy with triggers. And you know for a fact that Fiorentina would’ve agreed?

Mraven

That does require both parties to agree to it, and there wasn't exactly a queue of suitors as I remember. Also Italian clubs love benching players to avoid activating clauses or paying loan fees. Remember when Napoli did that with Ospina when he was first choice, so they could negotiate buying him for a £1m less a few months later...
Fiorentina was fighting for europa football. Maybe they would’ve dropped him, but it would come at a cost.

I was calling for selling Torreira since after the first season when around 25 mill was reported. Now we’re lucky if we get 5-8 mill, but most likely he goes for nothing. Yet again Edu fails to sell a player

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Torreira confirm that there chance he move to Roma. He likes to work with mourinho. Say the deal is not easy but possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom