• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are

Interesting, so he played as the central (deepest) midfielder in a 4312/41212 for both Sampdoria and Uruguay.
Also that at PSG Emery had a central defensive midfielder (Motta) while the left sided of the three midfielders stayed back (Verratti?) and the right sided was allowed to bomb on.

A combination of these would probably suit the players we have pretty well (although does leave out Mkhi).

AlH4Q0d.png

Having said that to the best of my knowledge Emery only plays 433/4231 so, to quote Del Trotter, it's all epidemic.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Interesting, so he played as the central (deepest) midfielder in a 4312/41212 for both Sampdoria and Uruguay.
Also that at PSG Emery had a central defensive midfielder (Motta) while the left sided of the three midfielders stayed back (Verratti?) and the right sided was allowed to bomb on.

A combination of these would probably suit the players we have pretty well (although does leave out Mkhi).

AlH4Q0d.png

Having said that to the best of my knowledge Emery only plays 433/4231 so, to quote Del Trotter, it's all epidemic.

Yep, I've been thinking about this formation since Torreira arrived. But as you say, it leaves out Mkhi. It's sort of a tug of war between our best attack, which would include Mkhi, and our best midfield, which sees one of the four big attackers drop out.

Good to have options though. If Emery finds that the midfield can function with a combination of just two of them, then he can unleash all four attackers. If he finds the team as a whole needs the three midfielders then whichever three attackers do play, you know there's quality on the pitch and on the bench.

All this would be thrown up into the air of course if the club were to buy a starting winger. That would altar the tactics quite significantly.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Yep, I've been thinking about this formation since Torreira arrived. But as you say, it leaves out Mkhi. It's sort of a tug of war between our best attack, which would include Mkhi, and our best midfield, which sees one of the four big attackers drop out.

Good to have options though. If Emery finds that the midfield can function with a combination of just two of them, then he can unleash all four attackers. If he finds the team as a whole needs the three midfielders then whichever three attackers do play, you know there's quality on the pitch and on the bench.

All this would be thrown up into the air of course if the club were to buy a starting winger. That would altar the tactics quite significantly.

Absolutely, I think the squad needs a winger regardless, if the reports are true about a fast, direct winger then that's really encouraging, we are finally looking to address the numerous deficiencies in the squad.
A player like Coman, Zaha, Douglas Costa (I know we're not getting him btw) who can carry the ball at speed makes such a difference, look at the impact Sane has made.
Part of the problem is that Özil and Ramsey are both luxuries in a sense, Özil needs people to work for him and Ramsey needs people to cover the spaces he leaves behind him when he runs forward (i.e alot).
It's very difficult to accomodate both into a solid, consistant unit, Kante would have been a big help, can't believe we didn't pay £20m ffs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Absolutely, I think the squad needs a winger regardless, if the reports are true about a fast, direct winger then that's really encouraging, we are finally looking to address the numerous deficiencies in the squad.
A player like Coman, Zaha, Douglas Costa (I know we're not getting him btw) who can carry the ball at speed makes such a difference, look at the impact Sane has made.
Part of the problem is that Özil and Ramsey are both luxuries in a sense, Özil needs people to work for him and Ramsey needs people to cover the spaces he leaves behind him when he runs forward (i.e alot).
It's very difficult to accomodate both into a solid, consistant unit, Kante would have been a big help, can't believe we didn't pay £20m ffs.

Everyone who runs forward need people to cover the spaces though, it's nothing to do with Ramsey personally.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Should be noted that we oughtn't expect to see Torreira start in full flow straight away. Not only has he had the World Cup and less of a pre-season, but he's still young and having to adapt to a new country. He's also not the complete player yet. We just have to be a wee bit patient with him, but he's undoubtedly a gem.

This season should be an adaptation season for him, we're likely to see him really hit form the following season. Or who knows, he may surprise us.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
They do and Ramsey's runs are his strength, it's just the regularity with which he runs forward makes it difficult for us to control the midfield.
Who is going to cover for ramsey?
The problem is don’t have a defensive winger, or a defensive 9-0-1 team.
When Ramsey is hanging around in the opponent box, would you expect our talened wingers to go back to the edge of our own box to cover for ramsey?
They are not Kyut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaza

Sokratis and Lichtsteiner are same level signings as Gabriel, Mustafi and Debuchy.

Issue is of course our transfer funds and we will always be left wanting while we dont show ambition regarding that.

My biggest hope is that those average players we signed and are still signing now even with Wenger gone can improve with more modern tactics under Emery.
Think Gabriel and Mustafi > Sokratis. Some people are in for a shock with this guy. Honestly the more I look at our signings, the more underwhelming it looks. Barring Torreira and Guendouzi, the rest are just meh.
Wenger would've been crucified if he had such a window.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Think Gabriel and Mustafi > Sokratis. Some people are in for a shock with this guy. Honestly the more I look at our signings, the more underwhelming it looks. Barring Torreira and Guendouzi, the rest are just meh.
Wenger would've been crucified if he had such a window.
He wouldn't even have this much in a window in the first place. Nobody has said that the players we got are world class but please at least wait until the season startstarts before you start going off. Jeez.

FEH

Can we get an auto-correct on Torreira. Must have seen Torierra and Torreira atleast 10x each and the guy hasn't kicked a ball for us yet. Nip it in the bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom