Lucas Torreira Signs!

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevius, Jul 10, 2018.

1. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

2. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character

I'm not gonna lie if Wenger signed this guy I'd be down. Another small technical midfielder, looks like a boy, has braces that generally those only going through puberty have. A side words and backwards player and literally a smaller upgrade on Elneny and that's not a good thing because Elneny is at least a tall man.

But then it's the new revolution. And that makes me think there is character and aggression to go with his small diminutive frame. And I'm excited. Because I believe in the new regime. They've got everything off the park right so far. And it has to follow through.

3. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

Welcome. I hope you make us better.

4. tap-in

tap-in :-)

My life is pretty hectic at present, in a good way, so haven't been on here much. Great news, very pleased its finally done. Welcome little man, may your engine run strong & long!

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

6. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Not going to lie at first I thought we signed a tough tackling Uruguian DM with a iced out grill. Had best DM in the league written on him if so, but I sadly found out they were braces, but I'm still excited to see what he could do/bring to the team.

His number choice though is ****ing annoying though. Vic was clearly the only thing holding this club together.

bingobob, GrandDanois and Artisan like this.
  7. GrandDanois

GrandDanois New Member

Exciting times ahead. Can’t help to think, that this is a future legend.

When will he join the team for preseason? We need him to connect with the other players ASAP.

Song Billong and Arsenio Venger like this.
  8. Ricardinho

Ricardinho Well-Known Member

9. GrandDanois

GrandDanois New Member

Cheers

So he should be available for the last two friendlies. Hope that’s enough. He’s needed against City.

10. field442

field442 Abandoned Arteta for Emery

Three weeks off then. Glad to see we’ve stopped that extended four weeks holiday bollocks.

Raicore and <<reed>> like this.
  11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

FA apparently mandate a 3 week layoff after a major comp.

12. Ricardinho

Ricardinho Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if he's involved before the Chelsea league game

Mark Tobias and ThlRama like this.
  13. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

Just from his official photos, he looks like he's up for the fight. Nothing bland or moody catwalk about his pics. Vamos Lucas.

Song Billong likes this.
  14. Zaza

Zaza Well-Known Member

Yeah because we've made earth shattering signings

15. say yes

say yes Respect Me

Wenger left our defence in such a mess that they don’t need to be earth shattering signings to massively improve our team. Just solid and sensible.

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mmhmm yes, I agree

Just what were you expecting with a 6th place finish.
    The expectancy of some fans is unreal. JC!

17. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Opposite of ITK

[​IMG]
    Xhaka's long shot conversation rate :lol:

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

show that to the fans at the emirates i hope they'll stop telling him to shoot when he is in the middle of the pitch. :lol:

Camron, NieThePiet, krengon and 3 others like this.
  19. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

I think it's gonna take a few months before this kid settles in and he's probably gonna have to improve his upper body muscle mass, because he does seem at times like he's getting outmuscled and will lose the ball.

Same height as Kante, but doesn't seem to be as good at defending and intercepting as him, but because of his small frame he'll get many fouls and he's another good player to take set pieces, except for free-kicks just outside the box. We still don't have anyone consistently good at that.

20. marting

marting Well-Known Member

He wont need time to settle, His south american his up for a scrap His not battling giants in this league. We just need to be considerate of his height and have a plan for that, he he can battle well for a header at least that will help, im pretty sure we are going to see a base of 2 in our midfield Terreria and Xhaka im guessing with any 3 ahead of them. He will be Xhaka's legs!