• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Lucas Torreira: Garra Charrua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Good-Advice

Even if he's not as good defensively as Kante and probably never will be I think he offers much more in offense. Leicester and early Chelsea version of Kante couldn't hit a barn door and his overall offensive output left much to be desired.

I think Terrierra can be much more useful as a two-way player and suits our offensive play better. We're Arsenal ffs not some lumberjacks from Leicester or Chavs...

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We're Arsenal ffs not some lumberjacks from Leicester or Chavs...
those lumberjacks from Leicester and the chavs won the league, which we haven't done in 14 years.
Even if he's not as good defensively as Kante and probably never will be I think he offers much more in offense.
I don't think anyone is looking at him for an offensive spark. He's supposed to sweep the midfield and keep the back four shielded.

Uncle Good-Advice

Sure, I didn't mean to look at him as an offensive weapon but I'm fairly sure he's going to pop in with few goals and assists.

As of winning the league... well it's the matter of principles. I'm proud of our offensive style of play and I would probably never accept changing that to boring football even if it would bring us one lucky championship. But of course everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I'm proud of our offensive style of play and I would probably never accept changing that to boring football even if it would bring us one lucky championship.
To be honest with you, our offensive style of play was one of the most painful things to watch over the last 5-6 years. Slow buildup, predictable and poor finishing made it incredibly frustrating.

The most I'm looking forward under Emery is if we can be less naive defensively and go forward directly and with pace. I want to see us counterattack like in the Invincibles era or how Real do it. Two-four passes and it's in the net.

Uncle Good-Advice

I want to see us counterattack like in the Invincibles era or how Real do it. Two-four passes and it's in the net.
My sentiments exactly. Classic Wengerball was a thing of beauty and is still remembered and admired even if its potential was unfulfilled IMHO - we deserved to win much more than we actually did.

I agree that we haven't seen the best of Arsenal style those last 5 years but it was enough to win us some silverware nonetheless. Of course it got me to the point that I couldn't watch it as well as you. I don't want to dwell on it anymore but at least the philosophy was there and hopefully always will be.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
To be honest with you, our offensive style of play was one of the most painful things to watch over the last 5-6 years. Slow buildup, predictable and poor finishing made it incredibly frustrating.

The most I'm looking forward under Emery is if we can be less naive defensively and go forward directly and with pace. I want to see us counterattack like in the Invincibles era or how Real do it. Two-four passes and it's in the net.

You want us to play like Liverpool, no need to talk about real madrid.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Even if he's not as good defensively as Kante and probably never will be I think he offers much more in offense. Leicester and early Chelsea version of Kante couldn't hit a barn door and his overall offensive output left much to be desired.

I think Terrierra can be much more useful as a two-way player and suits our offensive play better. We're Arsenal ffs not some lumberjacks from Leicester or Chavs...

Might be more useful using Verratti as a benchmark for Torreira than Kante. Kante's athleticism and ability to cover ground is simply exceptional, very rare indeed. Torreira himself has spoken of his admiration for Verratti, so that's a better comparison.

Zaza

Wenger left our defence in such a mess that they don’t need to be earth shattering signings to massively improve our team. Just solid and sensible.
Just saying you can't say Wenger was the issue when we haven't made any crazy signing that he couldn't have made. Özil, Alexis, Aubamayeng, are all here because of Wenger.
But some respeck on his name

say yes

forum master baiter
Just saying you can't say Wenger was the issue when we haven't made any crazy signing that he couldn't have made. Özil, Alexis, Aubamayeng, are all here because of Wenger.
But some respeck on his name

Don’t know how to break this to you..

... and the point is that I can say Wenger was the issue because he didn’t make these signings when he could have and when we’ve clearly needed them.

Wryer

Not sure why people are convinced that he will not be as good as Kante defensively.

I watched him in Uruguay's games pretty closely, his defensive awareness, positioning, strength and tackling is top notch. Perhaps one area that is debatable is stamina because Kante literally gobbles up the ground.

But all in all, don't see why there is no way he can be as dominant as Kante.

... and the point is that I can say Wenger was the issue because he didn’t make these signings when he could have and when we’ve clearly needed them.

Sokratis and Lichtsteiner are same level signings as Gabriel, Mustafi and Debuchy.

Issue is of course our transfer funds and we will always be left wanting while we dont show ambition regarding that.

My biggest hope is that those average players we signed and are still signing now even with Wenger gone can improve with more modern tactics under Emery.

FEH

Sokratis and Lichtsteiner are same level signings as Gabriel, Mustafi and Debuchy.

I'd agree they are similar level signings but we will see if they will progress rather than regress like they did under Wenger.

Torreira however, does not belong to that group of signings. Real potential to be signing of the season in the EPL.

Dj_sds -

The myth that arsenal still play beautiful football just wont die. Its been downhill ever since fabregas left.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The myth that arsenal still play beautiful football just wont die. Its been downhill ever since fabregas left.
That’s because potential talents ramsey and wilshere who could have developed into xavi or iniesta, choose not to be technical.
They are just gerrard/lampard wanna be. They want to become players with no skills, no brain and no technique.
And don’t forget walcott and chamberlain.
These players are the biggest contribution to our boring display. **** them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Sure, I didn't mean to look at him as an offensive weapon but I'm fairly sure he's going to pop in with few goals and assists.

As of winning the league... well it's the matter of principles. I'm proud of our offensive style of play and I would probably never accept changing that to boring football even if it would bring us one lucky championship. But of course everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

There isnt an asterix after each winner naming them offensive or defensive just that they won

After a couple of years Nobody remembers HOW they won. Just that they did

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
There isnt an asterix after each winner naming them offensive or defensive just that they won

After a couple of years Nobody remembers HOW they won. Just that they did
I will never forget chelsea won the league with ****ing ugly boring stoke style of football.

And how arsenal won it with beautiful attractive football

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

You forget a completely different system is in place now to support any manager who comes in.

Where Arsène was the key factor in almost everything Arsenal, we have delegated to Sven et al making life easier for a coach. We saw how deadly Wenger was when he had Dein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom