• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ludovic Giuly

brianfrance

Established Member
Giuly at Arsenal can be one of the best buy, and as Monaco is on financial trouble, a great bargain
He can Right Mildfield, Stiker, N°10. HOPE we'll sign him

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Giuly's interest in Arsenal has given me a another reason (the first reason is that I'm going to enjoy watching them go out of the CL) to watch the Chelsea vs Monaco game on Wednesday.

lewdikris

Established Member
One thing to note about Giuly, who's a good little player, is that despite appearances in the Champions League where he's got a couple of crucial goals, is he has an appalling scoring record. Only about 5 or 6 a season. If we get a new right winger (big IF) he needs to get more a year than that - and Freddie does get more, no matter his injuries. I don't think he's a significant improvement, he's not younger, he wouldn't enhance our style (as Beckham arguably would) - I don't think he's worth it.

JazzG

Established Member
lewdikris said:
I don't think he's a significant improvement, he's not younger, he wouldn't enhance our style (as Beckham arguably would) - I don't think he's worth it.

I don't think Beckham would improve our style, if anything he would make it worse. We are not a team who play a lot of long balls and crosses. Beckham is always looking for the long ball and is not a very good dribbler of the ball. As we have seen in the 2nd half of Madrid's season he isn't exactly goo in CM either, much better on the right. He was good in the first half of the season but everyone in the team was flying then.

For Monaco he has scored 12 goals in 23 games in the league and in the CL has scored 4 goals in 8 games. That is a very good return imo.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lewdikris said:
One thing to note about Giuly, who's a good little player, is that despite appearances in the Champions League where he's got a couple of crucial goals, is he has an appalling scoring record. Only about 5 or 6 a season. If we get a new right winger (big IF) he needs to get more a year than that - and Freddie does get more, no matter his injuries. I don't think he's a significant improvement, he's not younger, he wouldn't enhance our style (as Beckham arguably would) - I don't think he's worth it.

lewdikris, giuly is a significant imporvement on ljungberg technically. he would also be less dependent on others for goals unlike ljungberg is is dependent on the passes of henry and bergkamp. on both counts therefore, giuly would enhance our syle because its effectively incorporating a flair player into our team which ljungberg isnt.

Ak

didnt realise how old he was, i reackon S WRIGHT-PHILLIPS would be a much better player, IF we are going to buy a right midfieldre.

Kyla

i like guily. had a bit of a stinker against chelsea the other night tho. i still think morientes could be what we are looking for. he is a (fox in the box) of the highest quality. but looks like real want him back. !

Latest posts

Top Bottom