• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAK 14

Established Member
Re: Luis Suarez

Clrnc said:
So you think he is an out and out forward that can lead the line for us?

No chance
Yes, he definitely could. He's not the tallest (not short either) but he's incredibly strong. From what I've seen of him (which isn't a lot, I'll admit) he's a very prolific striker with good feet.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Don't think he is as strong as you make him out to be. Always falls and falls. I view him more as Vela leading the line for us kind of striker which we don't need at all

Gurgen

Established Member

Clrnc said:
So you think he is an out and out forward that can lead the line for us?

No chance

He can play that role better than Arshavin, but more importantly he can play on both wings.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

He isnt a striker, he is a winger like Walcott or Arshavin or who can play in the back of the main striker or around them.

He isnt certainly 30 milliion worth.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

There's no place in this team for a legitimate goal scorer who can play all across the front line. Its outrageous to suggest we'd need such a player!

outlaw_member

Established Member

When can he sign? I would take Suarez over Chamakh every day of the week because he can actually play out wide. Chamakh is a CF who has the skills to be a decent option on the flanks but nothing more.

P_Gunner

outlaw_member said:
When can he sign? I would take Suarez over Chamakh every day of the week because he can actually play out wide. Chamakh is a CF who has the skills to be a decent option on the flanks but nothing more.

We're not getting Chamakh because he is the perfect striker that will make everything fall into place, we're getting him because he's free.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

It's hard to guage how a player from the Eredivisie will show up in England, but Suarez is sensational. I've seen a good handful of Ajax matches the past few seasons, and he just takes any defense he comes across to the cleaners and back.

outlaw_member

Established Member

P_Gunner said:
outlaw_member said:

We're not getting Chamakh because he is the perfect striker that will make everything fall into place, we're getting him because he's free.

The only qualm I have about Chamakh is the idea that he will be our RW. Granted, I would prefer him over Nasri and Rosicky but an actual RW will better serve our interests. The last thing we need is to buy yet another player and use him out of his natural position. I can wait to see the Morrocan's impact as our leading striker but I somewhat dread another year of an unproductive right flank. It's about time Wenger bought players for their proper positions.

P_Gunner

Chamakh isn't a 20 goal striker. He is good at headers, but he'll be playing out wide. What we need is one hell of a strong pure goal scorer, and I mean physical strength.

What is the problem with Arsenal now? No goalscorers. Will Chamakh fix this? No. He will improve our threat on set plays and general headers, but he still isn't that pure goalscorer. Lukaku is probably closer to what we need in terms of immediate impact. Lukaku - goal scorer and very strong.

Why then are we singing Chamakh? Its because he is free. I will support him 100% and I hope he has a great career here, but imo he's not what we need most.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

van Persie, Arshavin and Eduardo have 20 goals each in them a normal season. Just watch them being on an injury free run in their natural positions. We don't need goalscorers, we need balance. Chamakh brings balance. Therefore, Chamakh = Good.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

MDGoonah41 said:
There's no place in this team for a legitimate goal scorer who can play all across the front line. Its outrageous to suggest we'd need such a player!
:D

outlaw_member

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
van Persie, Arshavin and Eduardo have 20 goals each in them a normal season. Just watch them being on an injury free run in their natural positions. We don't need goalscorers, we need balance. Chamakh brings balance. Therefore, Chamakh = Good.

That remains to be seen in regards to Eduardo. van Persie has inherent problems which means that he should never be considered under any category, which leaves just Arshavin...

MDGoonah41

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:

20 goals each?

Unlikely.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Why? I don't think it's unlikely at all. It's rather one of the benefits of having proper attacking players instead of playing midfielders in striking positions to fill the gaps.

outlaw: If Robin is in the squad and injury free at the start of next season then things should be expected of him in proportion to the role he's playing and what he's shown he's able to do. And if he can't be trusted upon then we should move him on and get someone in who can be. It's not a secret that we're counting on him to become our main outlet in the attack.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Why? I don't think it's unlikely at all. It's rather one of the benefits of having proper attacking players instead of playing midfielders in striking positions to fill the gaps.

outlaw: If Robin is in the squad and injury free at the start of next season then things should be expected of him in proportion to the role he's playing and what he's shown he's able to do. And if he can't be trusted upon then we should move him on and get someone in who can be. It's not a secret that we're counting on him to become our main outlet in the attack.

1. Scoring 20 goals isn't something that happens with regularity.

* Robin scored 20 goals one time in his career, last year.
* Eduardo has done it twice, but neither time in England, and he's scored a total of 21 goals in 60 appearances.
* Arshavin has never scored more than 15 goals in a season

2. Eduardo has a horror injury on his docket, van Persie has played 40 games or more in a season only twice since coming to Arsenal in 2004. These players have to be fit to be able to score goals.

I wouldn't hold my breath on any of the three scoring 20 goals a piece next season. If RvP is fit for the whole season, he can do it. But the most games he's played in one season was 42, also last season. He's now missed large chunks of 2 of the last 3 seasons. Arshavin still doesn't look like he's adapted to the pace/physicality of England, and I think its certainly very risky to project him to finish with 20 or more. He's on 9 this year, with 12 more league games to play, plus whatever we end up having left in the CL. Eduardo has looked off the pace even when he was on the field, and he's had constant injury niggles since coming back. He turns 27 in a week, he's not the youngest guy around, its not like he's going to see massive improvements in his game, and we don't even know if he can stay fit for more than a month at a time.

I'd love to be able to count on those 3 plus Chamakh and Bendtner, but if that's all we go into next season with, we're going to be complaining about our strike force by November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom