• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArseneKnows-47

I've just watched his reply to the Suarez question and he was fighting that famous smirk of his as the question was being asked. Take what you want from that.

Loken

Uncle Mike said:
Screw Suarez, get Benzema, better player, doesn't dive, doesn't bite, not racist, has Champions League experience.

Don't agree at all.

Benzema has obvious talents and could easily be one of the worlds best.

But at Madrid he's nothing like he was at Lyon, sapped of confidence and much like Higuain, being rotated has taken away his clinical edge against the best teams.

Often in Champions League games he disappears or misses opportunities, maybe it's the focus on Ronaldo and the system they play, but I've never been impressed by Madrid Benzema.

On the other hand, at 25 and heading into a World Cup year, what's to say he wouldn't turn down a chance to play with Wenger and really cement a place in the national side ahead of Giroud as well.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
its difficult to evaluate madrid players. they've built their entire team around ronaldo, and you get the feeling that the rest of the team feels like a bunch of the younger arsenal players felt with henry giving death stares. their entire attack goes through ronaldo at all times. factor in that benzema was rotated with higuain and its not difficult to think there is untapped potential in there. i dont think he'll go for 40m. given his age, the fact that hes just entering his peak, and i think it could be a super buy. his movement is a notch above higuain's and he can create a bit as well as finish. would be a fantastic signing, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom