• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylor314gh

Re: Luis Suarez

all I know of him is that youtube compilation, but he looks to like the 20-25 yard shot, which we are sorely lacking. Also, most of the goals on that video are not necessarily chances that are due to poor defending, but to individual creativity. Granted, they don't show his misses, but a lot of those goals would have happened in the PL, in my opinion.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Suarez would be an excellent signing if Eduardo leaves. He'd work well in a 4-3-3 too. Ajax will demand a lot of money though.

viper_001

Established Member

If Chamakh comes in, I don't really see Wenger signing another striker, as it would "kill" Bendtner. If Eduardo gets shipped off, though, that's another story.

Anzac

Established Member

Klaus Daimler said:
Suarez would be an excellent signing if Eduardo leaves. He'd work well in a 4-3-3 too. Ajax will demand a lot of money though.

Better than Benzema / Higuain?
I'd rather either of those 2 first, and they'd possibly be cheaper if Perez wanted to cast them adrift.

Sorry just realised I'd written this as a statement rather than a question.

lagos

Established Member

viper_001 said:
If Chamakh comes in, I don't really see Wenger signing another striker, as it would "kill" Bendtner. If Eduardo gets shipped off, though, that's another story.

I am sick and tired of Wenger and his "kill" theories. Players should earn their places against the best not given a free ride.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Bendtner's done a good job and earned his place in the squad. He's a centreforward though. Suarez is, or would be, more of a right wingforward.

Anzac said:
Klaus Daimler said:

Better than Benzema / Higuain?
I'd rather either of those 2 first, and they'd possibly be cheaper if Perez wanted to cast them adrift.
Pretty big if there though. :wink:

I'd rather have Hazard or Suarez than the Real players as long as we're talking abou the wide positions in the attack. Benzema and Higuain are both centreforwards.

thegame24

Established Member

Fact is you can buy about 20 strikers that would all come in ahead of bentdner. Hes average at best.

I hate this kill thing wenger goes on about too.

If messi is available and wants to only come here he wont buy him because it would kill nasri or theo? good **** them, my support is too arsenal not to so far average careers.

asajoseph

Established Member

Well, Messi isn't available, Suarez might be. And Bendtner, so far, has done pretty well for us, even if he isn't always the prettiest.

That said, you could find 20 better players than at least 75% of our first team if you were willing to spend £22m.

thegame24

Established Member

Not even 20 million, how much did robben, sneijder, vdv cost for example.

Many players can be bought for cheap that are better than our lot.

btw i dont think bentdner has done well, how many goals has he scored before the last minute when we are in our normal game and not all attacking?

Dont rate the guy at all. Hes only good for coming on late with plan b needed

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

thegame24 said:
N

btw i dont think bentdner has done well, how many goals has he scored before the last minute when we are in our normal game and not all attacking?
are you serious with this? at least 8 of his goals have come before the "90th minute".. and how many of his "last minute goals" were vital? all but 2 maybe? (Hull - wins the game, Wolves - wins the game) the only ones that werent was the Spuds goal (although it gave us a shot that we didnt deserve) and BBurn and Porto we were wiping the floor with them when Bendy scored late (although, he had already scored 2 others against Porto which WERE important)

i know you dont rate him, but come on, use logic for your argument, not random thoughts that are 100% not true

thegame24

Established Member

Only goals i can remember are the porto tap ins which any **** face could score.

The barca **** up

and the stoke header which was a good goal in fairness.

In general he kills our attackng game.

Timleaf

Established Member

thegame24 said:
...20 strikers that would all come in ahead of bentdner...

You're right, and we've bought one of them in Chamakh. We also have another already at the club in Van Persie. I think it'd be pretty pointless blowing more money out of our budget just to make Bendtner 4th choice.

Captain

Established Member

Well, since he has disappeared from the starting line-up our attack has dropped another level.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

thegame24 said:
Only goals i can remember are the porto tap ins which any f**k face could score.

The barca f**k up

and the stoke header which was a good goal in fairness.

In general he kills our attackng game.
im sorry, since when do "tap ins" mean less on a score sheet?

its not about "how spectacular" are his goals, its that he SCORES them.. yeah, he had that one game he couldnt hit the ocean from a boat, but then made up for it against Porto..

disagree that he kills our attacking game.. some of the best attacking games we had were in the beginning of the season, and he played (before getting hurt) and looked pretty good.. then again, people were healthy back then (RvP, Cesc)

qs

Established Member

Captain said:
Well, since he has disappeared from the starting line-up our attack has dropped another level.

Exactly. We've missed his presence up front. I hope he's able to play against Fulham.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

where, exactly, was Nik against BB? was he hurt?

and i did not even realize (since I didnt watch the game) that Djourou & Gibbs were both on the bench v. BB.. good to see them back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom