• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
Re: Luis Suarez

USArsenal said:
thegame24 said:
Only goals i can remember are the porto tap ins which any f**k face could score.

The barca f**k up

and the stoke header which was a good goal in fairness.

In general he kills our attackng game.
im sorry, since when do "tap ins" mean less on a score sheet?

its not about "how spectacular" are his goals, its that he SCORES them.. yeah, he had that one game he couldnt hit the ocean from a boat, but then made up for it against Porto..

disagree that he kills our attacking game.. some of the best attacking games we had were in the beginning of the season, and he played (before getting hurt) and looked pretty good.. then again, people were healthy back then (RvP, Cesc)

He purely relies on others to score, we need strikers that can do the business themselves, kanu, anelka, bergkamp, wiltord, henry, adebayor................then you have bendtner.

Timleaf

Established Member

What exactly are you moaning about TheGame? We've signed Chamakh, who is effectively a £15-20 million centre forward. Bendtner will be third choice next year, and considering we only play with one central striker that makes him very much a 'squad option'.

thegame24

Established Member

Is chamakh that good?

We have to wait and see.

Im also worried we wont buy a winger and then put bentder somewhere in there.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

its funny to me that you **** all over Arshavin and hate Nik so much, but the fact is, Nik has scored more than AA this year while playing far fewer games..

AA started 30 games, subbed in for 6 - 10 goals, 6 assists

Nik started 19 games, subbed in for 10 - 12 goals, 6 assists

7 less games, 11 less as a starter and still with 2 more goals.. and its not as if AA was playing as a midfielder

i just dont get why the Nik hate so much.. he's useful

est

thegame24 said:
Only goals i can remember are the porto tap ins which any f**k face could score.

The barca f**k up

and the stoke header which was a good goal in fairness.

In general he kills our attackng game.
:lol:

Adebayor 'killed' our attacking game even more so. Yet you **** all over him. You seem to have an agenda against Bendtner.

Zico

Established Member

Nik is only getting started. That's why I am not so focused on getting a pure centre forward in as long as we have 4 3 3. Nik, Chamakh and RvP should be enough in the centre.

est

Agree Zico. Rvp, Chamakh and Bendnter as third choice is good enough.

If we are to get a forward, we should be concentrating on getting a pure wing forward with pace, trickery and genuine goal threat. Someone in the Arshavin-mould.

Zico

Established Member

Yep, hence why we should be looking at this Hazard fellow. He's the one youngster I would seriously entertain.

Sir Matt Of Lucas

Suarez is a good wide forward but for £22M we could do alot better, like Di Maria, Krasic or Benzema if as reported he is available for £17M. All affordable wages wise as we will be saving when Gallas leaves.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Di Maria costs 30m+, because Man Citeh is in it

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Benfica will demand more than 20m thanks to Man Citeh initial inflated offer, thats for sure.

Sir Matt Of Lucas

Alright OK perhaps your right, my point was that there are better people available for the same or less than it is reported Ajax want for Suarez which is probably a result of the inflated fee they got for KJH. Ashley Young is another preferable option for less money.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Sir Matt Of Lucas said:
Alright OK perhaps your right, my point was that there are better people available for the same or less than it is reported Ajax want for Suarez which is probably a result of the inflated fee they got for KJH. Ashley Young is another preferable option for less money.
dont see Ashley Young as being much cheaper than Suarez.. i have seen 20m figures floating around for Young as well

qs

Established Member

£20m would be minimum for Young. Villa definitely wont want to sell him and if he left United would be in for him, which in turn would attract City.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

many people thought Vermaelen wasnt good enough for us, so why not Suarez who has an amazing goalscoring record in the dutch league i know..

P_Gunner

Appearantly Real Madrid have already agreed a deal for Di Maria which would probably mean they won't bid for Hazard. :) I always did think Di Maria was overrated anyways.

Would love for us to sign Suarez, but I don't see us paying that much for a striker after getting Chamakh.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

HollandGooner said:
many people thought Vermaelen wasnt good enough for us, so why not Suarez who has an amazing goalscoring record in the dutch league i know..
defenders that come from the Dutch league tend to be good outside of Holland, while strikers are more hit or moss... outside of RvN, name another striker who was amazing in the Dutch league who did anything outside of the dutch league (in MODERN times, dont read me off Ronaldo or Cruyff van Basten or Bergkamp or sh*t like that)

i can name no less than 4 in recent times who were big Dutch league scorers who completely flopped elsewhere..

Kuyt
Huntelaar
Kezman
Alves

now, not saying Suarez would definitely flop, but its not like it would be unprecedented

for that amount of money, i would want a bit more of a "sure thing".. Suarez is a very big "maybe, maybe not" player..

Sir Matt Of Lucas

If RM are getting Di Maria that points to Benzema leaving as someone will have to make way for him and I can't see it being Higuain and it certainly won't be Ronaldo or Kaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom