• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luka Jovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinFish

My top choice after Vlahovic.

I don’t want to buy Isak. Any other striker currently obtainable this January won’t get us top 4. I’d rather just get this guy and assess the squad again in the summer.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Jovic was killing it at Frankfurt but so was Sancho Havertz and Werner at Bundesliga changed league and they got exposed.
Auba came from Germany and did well here. So did de Bruyne. Havertz didn't have a bad first season at all and I'm pretty sure Haaland or Lewandowski would abuse PL defences all day.

This league snobbery looks ridiculous by anyone and doubly so when Arsenal fans do it when we look as **** as we do. Virtually every top player in the league came from abroad, Salah came from Serie A and doubled his output in England almost immediately, donkeys like Watkins or Bamford score close to 20 in England etc the PL is a **** league. No worse but not much better than Spain Germany or Italy if at all.

Jovic has plenty of talent and has played to a level that's high enough before that's why he used to cost 60m. Question is whether he can find that form again and under Arteta that looks impossible, we don't create nearly enough to feed a striker in form let alone one lacking confidence. We had a record breaking December in scoring form and we still are just 7th in goals scored behind West Ham and Leicester. We could sign literally anyone and it would be a short lived boost at best because we can't create chances to save our lives.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Personally think they’ll push the boat out for Isak. Benzema seemed to do his hamstring so I’m not sure Madrid will let Jovic go.

Think we end up with Isak.

pascal_stepanovs

Auba came from Germany and did well here. So did de Bruyne. Havertz didn't have a bad first season at all and I'm pretty sure Haaland or Lewandowski would abuse PL defences all day.

This league snobbery looks ridiculous by anyone and doubly so when Arsenal fans do it when we look as **** as we do. Virtually every top player in the league came from abroad, Salah came from Serie A and doubled his output in England almost immediately, donkeys like Watkins or Bamford score close to 20 in England etc the PL is a **** league. No worse but not much better than Spain Germany or Italy if at all.

Jovic has plenty of talent and has played to a level that's high enough before that's why he used to cost 60m. Question is whether he can find that form again and under Arteta that looks impossible, we don't create nearly enough to feed a striker in form let alone one lacking confidence. We had a record breaking December in scoring form and we still are just 7th in goals scored behind West Ham and Leicester. We could sign literally anyone and it would be a short lived boost at best because we can't create chances to save our lives.
This was the case about 10 years ago with little Englanders rubbishing other leagues and overrating the Prem. That's not the case anymore. The team that finishes last in the prem these days makes more money than one of the bucket CL group stage teams.

Realistically you've got the Spanish league, Bayern, Dortmund, Porto and PSG and the rest are pretty ****.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
This was the case about 10 years ago with little Englanders rubbishing other leagues and overrating the Prem. That's not the case anymore. The team that finishes last in the prem these days makes more money than one of the bucket CL group stage teams.

Realistically you've got the Spanish league, Bayern, Dortmund, Porto and PSG and the rest are pretty ****.
QPR used to rake in more TV money than any non-English team in Europe 10 years ago when they were relegated, it's not a new development.

Everton have a spending record like they're European royalty and look piss poor, Newcastle just offered 10m for a six month loan of Jesse ****ing Lingard, Bournemouth keep spending 30m on any spastic with a UK passport, Burnley make loads of money and spent quite a bit in the past and they play the worst kind of disgusting prehistoric marry-thy-sister football I've seen since Pulis.

Just watch any given PL match where City (or Liverpool or Chelsea) aren't involved, money alone doesn't make for good football.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Everton have a spending record like they're European royalty and look piss poor, Newcastle just offered 10m for a six month loan of Jesse ****ing Lingard, Bournemouth keep spending 30m on any spastic with a UK passport, Burnley make loads of money and spent quite a bit in the past and they play the worst kind of disgusting prehistoric marry-thy-sister football I've seen since Pulis.
:lol:
We missed this version of @jones

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Do we really have much options after losing out Vlahovic? Looking at market it's either pay so much money on isak now or take someone on loan or just get auba back to team knowing mikel he won't do that. So imo the best possible option is taking someone on loan until end of season.

I read Jovic been offered to us rather than we targeting him so that mean he available.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Not worked out for him at Madrid, but no doubt this guy has the talent. A new start could revitalise him. Definitely worth a punt on loan.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

Like it or not but Bundesliga is a flop factory.

upthegun

Not sure there is a downside to a 6 Month Loan deal…. No risk to us, we can go big in the summer. Let’s be honest, our last loan deal with Madrid worked out pretty well too! 🇳🇴

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom