• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Luka Modrić

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Why I think this might happen. Firstly he is worth more than 12M Euros, but that how much he would cost. We made succesful business with Dinamo, so we can talk to them again. Dinamo is very close to being aliminated from Europe this season like Feyenoord was last season. We need him, because he is made for Arsenal, he can play amazingly well on LM, but he is very very good on CM, AM and DM. He and Dudu are amazing duo. The type of duo that would help us own small teams, I think.
He has some of the best qualities of our midfielders (Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky) combined. He would work amazingly with them. He has the power to turn the game around. He can win the game with one move. His is the best talent Croatia has had in years. Wenger talked about him very well after CL quals last year. Everybody in Croatia thinks that he might go to Arsenal, that that move would be the best for him. That was before Dudu signed for us. Him and Dudu are backbone of Craotian attack. With him and let's say Tevez our attacking problems would be past. Trust me this is let's say 60% likely to happen. That 40% is that Wenger doean't want to sign him, what I doubt, and that Mamic decides to keep last hope for Eurpoean competitions, what is Luka. Here are his stats and infor form wikipedia
Dinamo official site
Wikipedia
If we manage to get him also, in 2 or 3 years time You would not believe the price we paid for them. Both of the have potential to become one of top 5 player on thier positions.
Modric's videos from youtube
I honestly can't believe that there wasn't any talks about Modric when we were signing Eduardo. There surley was, but maybe Dinamo was asking too much or something like that. Modric is Dinamo's last chance of any succes Europe now, unless they buy big, what they must now.Modric impressed Arsène more than Eduardo as far as I remember doring the clash of 2 teams. last season. I'm sure that for 10M Pounds he can be ours, maybe even less, and that's worth it. This week we could know more. But I'm sure that behind the scenes this is more than just a speculation.
National manager Bilic is also big fan of Premiership, I think he also has a say i this, not as big as Dinamo, but not as small as You may think, I believe.

M+D

Established Member
Dinamo_Zagreb said:
Rocking Robin said:
think the guy made that up.

I don't make things up!

here is the link! but it is on croatian!

http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/sports/ ... 5/index.do

Arsenal je poželio odmah kupiti i Luku Modrića, ali smo njegov odlazak zaustavili. Barem do zime. A kad dođe vrijeme, Englezi će za Modrića platiti 25 milijuna eura, to je sigurnije od bilo čega - bio je sugestivan Mamić

In english: Arsenal wanted to buy Luka Modrić now too, but we stopped his transfer. At least to the winter anyway. And when the time will come Englishs will pay 25mil€ for him, that is certain more than anything - said the Mamić....

A Link!!

nazo

Established Member
:shock Wtf Wenger? Quiet, quiet, quiet then boom out of no where with players whom we've never thought of signing. Hopefully this is true.

Nutsy

Established Member
Heh... That's typical Classic Arsène for you. But I do wonder how in the heck can he keep all of his signings on such a secrecy level its so impressive.

He tends to sign those who we barely know, nor talked about. And that batch is usually the good ones.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Flamini might be leaving. Perhaps that's why the interests on Modric and Vukojevic. Just maybe.

Nutsy

Established Member
I reckon Flamini will leave, if not this summer, he will leave in January. While some speculates that Luka Modric will arrive here in 6 months time,which makes sense Flamini will be sold anytime soon.

Luka seemed to be a class player, from the clios I've though, then again, Youtube clips? Barely reliable.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
Dinamo_Zagreb said:
Rocking Robin said:
think the guy made that up.

I don't make things up!

here is the link! but it is on croatian!

http://www.vecernji.hr/newsroom/sports/ ... 5/index.do

Arsenal je poželio odmah kupiti i Luku Modrića, ali smo njegov odlazak zaustavili. Barem do zime. A kad dođe vrijeme, Englezi će za Modrića platiti 25 milijuna eura, to je sigurnije od bilo čega - bio je sugestivan Mamić

In english: Arsenal wanted to buy Luka Modrić now too, but we stopped his transfer. At least to the winter anyway. And when the time will come Englishs will pay 25mil€ for him, that is certain more than anything - said the Mamić....

A Link!!

Excellent news if true. He's going to be a phenomenal player.
Does anyone know how tall and how quick he is?

Rohit

Established Member
I havn't seen him much, but he has never looked like a winger too me. If there is super talent about then i don't think we should hesitate in entering the market, but if we sign him i think we'll still need a winger.

Soler

Established Member
€25m? :shock:

Bloody hell. I have some trouble believing Wenger would spend that much (£16.8m) though. I can see it being more like £10-£11m instead.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Excellent news if true. He's going to be a phenomenal player.
Does anyone know how tall and how quick he is?
He's 173 cm, so pretty much like Freddie. When he has ball in his feet his movement looks a lot like Cesc's.

I don't believe that they would let him go for 25M, it's more like 15-20M. They would let him go for 15M for sure, but if they have feeling they can pull out of Wenger more they will for sure. Luka in the January wouldn't be bad, but I can say, that I'm very sure that other gigant clubs (like, let's say Real, barcelona, Milan, Bayern, and since Croatia national team comes to London) perhaps even English teams) will be very interested in him in January, so he would cost even more.

NOW fresh news:

Link in Croatian

Jutanji list said:
Modrić kreće Duduovim stopama?

Arsène Wenger je, čini se, zaljubljen u novi Dinamov naraštaj i ne namjerava se zaustaviti samo na kupnji Eduarda. Zdravko Mamić jučer je rekao da je odlazak Luke Modrića u Arsenal sljedeće zime "jedan kroz jedan" praktično gotov posao. Na popisu simpatija je i Ognjen Vukojević, ali on ne ispunjava uvjete za radnu dozvolu na Otoku (75 posto nastupa za nacionalnu momčad u posljednje dvije godine).
Part about Ognjen Vukojevic is translated in Ognjen Vukojevic thread
Part about Luka Modric:
Modrić follows Dudu?

Arsène Wenger seems to be in love with new Dinamo generation and he doen't tend to spot on Eduardo. Zdravko Mamić (Dinamo's exective vice-chairman) yesterday said Luka Modric's deal to Arsenal this winter is 1-in-1 chance practicly deal done

It's not 100% reliable, but they wouldn't say that Mamic said that if he actually didn't. It makes 100% and other Croatia's biggest newspapers Vecenji also said it.
So if Dinamo gets disqualified, which I hope will not happen (normal fans and club waited to play seroius football in Europe too long) Modric is our NOW, if not, he is our in January.
To quote Borat: "Nice, I like!!"

Paddy from Sweden

Thommybhoy,

So if I get this right it's like this:

1. Dinamo gets european football Modric stays...until January. Or could it be the whole season as he would be inegible to play for Arsenal if we qualify?

2. Dinamo gets supended then Modirc comes to Arsenal before the transfer window closes.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
Paddy from Sweden said:
Thommybhoy,

So if I get this right it's like this:

1. Dinamo gets european football Modric stays...until January. Or could it be the whole season as he would be inegible to play for Arsenal if we qualify?

2. Dinamo gets supended then Modirc comes to Arsenal before the transfer window closes.
Yes, that how it seems.
Dinamo also would have chance to survive in Europe until Spring, in that case also he would most probably stay for the season.
The decision on that is any day now. Dinamo deserved to have a chance in Europe, and I really hope that they will get that chance.
Other Dinamo's palyer have also been linked to leave: Etto & Corluka.

Just in: No punishment for Dinamo.
UEFA not intrested in friendlies. It's up to Dinamo to ban or not to ban their fans from away game for a while.

Paddy from Sweden

Thommybhoy,

Posted this in the Starlet thread but I guess it really belongs in here:

Good to hear that Modric have had quite a tough past as a player so he might already be ready for next step. Have seen very little of him, only some matches with Croatia, but I think he looks somewhat like Rosicky in his build and how he moves himself and dribbles.

The one thing I am a little afraid of is that the team get's smaller and smaller. We seem to loose some height every summer when players leave and new arrives. If it continues we'll get even bigger problems on dead ball situations than we've had before.

Nutsy

Established Member
Thing is, if we were to buy Modric in the winter transfer deal, looks like Dinamo is set for Europe, wouldn't he be cup-tied by then? That is pretty worrying and doubt that Arsène would risk that no?

I do agree, Modric is a highly rated player and would be a great addition for us.

Mckenna

Gunners_Nadz said:
Thing is, if we were to buy Modric in the winter transfer deal, looks like Dinamo is set for Europe, wouldn't he be cup-tied by then? That is pretty worrying and doubt that Arsène would risk that no?

I do agree, Modric is a highly rated player and would be a great addition for us.
He would risk it if the player was available at that time and he thought that the player was the best option for us. It was the same with Adebayor last season, he was cuptied when he signed from Monaco. We still signed him though. From what's being said, and that's all I can judge on for I haven't seen this player, he sounds like a very good option who has both experience currently but also a long future ahead of him, a classic Arsène signing.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
He looks to have a good shot on him. However is he someone we really need?

Tommy says on the ball hes like Cesc so is there any point in buying him? Especially to play on the wing!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Tsabo Tavoc [Newbie]

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:41 am
Why dont we buy Eduardo and Modric? A few weeks ago it seemed like it never would of happened but i was really hoping such a deal is possible and now all i can say is thank u Arsène!!!!!!!!! And now i would like to see Luka Modric in Arsenal shirt also because he is Croatian player No1! Everything starts with Luka and ends with Dudu in Croatian representation. Luka has great passing, driblling and he runs a lot. He is great attacking player but he is also great in his defensive roll in the miedfield. He reminds me of Pavel Nedved but I think he could be even greater player than he was. Luka is 21 years old and he is already No1 in Croatia(sorry Dudu). we must get him now before wealthiest clubs than Arsenal starts to chase him!!!!!!!!!!!

Got that from the topic regulation, my mouth is salivating when the newbie said Nedved!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom