• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Make or Break February

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Europa League is our best bet.

Consistency is just non-existent when it comes to the league.
Tbf, I don't find the other top 6 sides (bar City) very convincing either. If we get our **** together (through Mkhi and Auba for example) and they don't, top 4 is still realistic.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Tbf, I don't find the other top 6 sides (bar City) very convincing either. If we get our **** together (through Mkhi and Auba for example) and they don't, top 4 is still realistic.
Since you are a mod, I have a question for you. If it came down to winning the EL or finishing Fourth. Which one would you take?

Btw I firmly think that the Manchester clubs will finish in the Top 4. The remaining two spots are up for grabs.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
Since you are a mod, I have a question for you. If it came down to winning the EL or finishing Fourth. Which one would you take?

Btw I firmly think that the Manchester clubs will finish in the Top 4. The remaining two spots are up for grabs.
That's a tough one actually. Winning the EL would mean we get an exciting final and a trophy to celebrate. On the other hand, top 4 means that we've bustled two of the top 6 out of a CL place despite everyone counting us out.

I think winning the EL edges it, but I'd be more that happy with either.

MkhiMagic

Identical situation to United last year imo. 6th place in the league with little to no hope of getting top 4, and no one below us that can realistically catch us. They too were on an island by themselves in 6th place almost the entire year. We also find ourselves in the EL knockout stages facing some dross and like them the League cup final. Basically we need to go all out in the EL and win it so we can attract better players. Whatever hope I had left for the league went down the drain after the Swansea loss.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
If it came down to winning the EL or finishing Fourth. Which one would you take?

10 years from now no one will care that we finished top 4 in the 17/18 season(hell, we got ridiculed for it before), but a european trophy will always be a part of our history.

It’s a no brainer for me since both leads to CL qualification. I’d see how we stand after february before giving up on top 4 thiugh.

MkhiMagic

10 years from now no one will care that we finished top 4 in the 17/18 season(hell, we got ridiculed for it before), but a european trophy will always be a part of our history.

It’s a no brainer for me since both leads to CL qualification. I’d see how we stand after february before giving up on top 4 thiugh.
Winning the EL also puts you in pot 2 vs. being in pot 3 or 4 by finishing 4th.

You pick the EL trophy over 4th obviously and you go directly into the group stages.

Finish 4th and you might draw some tricky 3rd placed french or 4th placed german team like monaco or leipzig to try and qualify for the CL.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If Mikhi and Auba hit the ground running whilst Laca also starting to score because of them we maybe have a chance

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Mikhi and Auba hit the ground running whilst Laca also starting to score because of them we maybe have a chance
We could win all our games and still finish 6th.

Need our opponents to keep fcuking up.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We could win all our games and still finish 6th.

Need our opponents to keep fcuking up.

Indeed we’re in an awful position. We need to be there to take advantage. We’ve done it before but this season as it is looking dire

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'd cautiously predict we'll do ok this February. I doubt we'll win them all but the performances should be ok, I think the squad will be suitably motivated for each game for various reasons; cup final, home game, NLD, EL knock out. There are no 'away at Swansea in midweek' type fixtures.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think any talk of top 4 should be shelved entirely though. If at some point we get to within 3 points of it then we can talk about it again. But we're 8 points off, just playing well in the next game is all we can realistically ask for.

blaise

Although I d love top4, EL has to be priority, there some very good teams left there, we need that trophy for our image ( we are not even favourites for sure), I had it enough of us being reffered as a top4 team and others are some kind of contenders.

Ewarwoowar

Gotta take the EL as priority to get to CL, 4th place trophy is doable, (has been done against odds before) but our defense is woeful and lack of gusto and creativity against deep playing organized sides esp away is a recurring theme.

Hope our new signings bring the verve and cool calm we need to put teams on a nervous back foot rather than the freebie confidences we gift them,, one eye on the Spuds this month they are in for a big test too.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Unbeaten in all 5, including winning the cup.

Quote me on March 1.

Top Bottom