• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malang Sarr

Shalmaneser V

If we miss out on Sarr there is always Hugo Guillamón of Valencia.

Almost same scenario as Sarr. Young, good on the ball and available on a free this window. Probably slightly higher potential than Sarr even.

We need to pick one of them up for sure.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We are keeping Luiz and Mari, Chambers will be back by January and we have Saliba coming in
Can we just add Movrapanos for squad depth and sign one CB that will hit the ground running
Sell Mustafi, Sokratis and Holding

I really want to see Saliba paired with a CB that has experience and quality.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
We are keeping Luiz and Mari, Chambers will be back by January and we have Saliba coming in
Can we just add Movrapanos for squad depth and sign one CB that will hit the ground running

By January? I thought Chambers would be training again by September, no?

I agree though. If we really want another CB, especially a left-footed CB, there are good experienced options out there. Inigo Martinez from Bilbao or Martin Hinteregger from Frankfurt for example.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

That's my thinking too. We have enough "squad" players in defence. To sign another one is pointless. We need to sign players who will start in the first 11 and are very obviously better than what we have.

We have about 8 centre backs and none of them would start in any top team in Europe which suggest they are crap. We need ready made defenders now. Not someone who might be good in 3 years. We are sinking and need to stop the fall.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

By January? I thought Chambers would be training again by September, no?

I agree though. If we really want another CB, especially a left-footed CB, there are good experienced options out there. Inigo Martinez from Bilbao or Martin Hinteregger from Frankfurt for example.

Dont think Inigo will ever cut it a top club unfortunately.

Also don’t think it’s worth going for Bilbao players because you have to pay their release clauses which unless you’re buying someone like Laporte always ends up being an overpay like Kepa.

TornadoTed

Established Member
That's my thinking too. We have enough "squad" players in defence. To sign another one is pointless. We need to sign players who will start in the first 11 and are very obviously better than what we have.

We have about 8 centre backs and none of them would start in any top team in Europe which suggest they are crap. We need ready made defenders now. Not someone who might be good in 3 years. We are sinking and need to stop the fall.

Totally agree.

Liverpool went up several levels buying Alison and VVD. Man Utd have gone up a few levels buying Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Fernandez.

We need those 2-3 top class first XI players, our squad depth is already pretty decent.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Totally agree.

Liverpool went up several levels buying Alison and VVD. Man Utd have gone up a few levels buying Maguire, Wan Bissaka and Fernandez.

We need those 2-3 top class first XI players, our squad depth is already pretty decent.

Liverpool were also in the CL by that point after going through quite a few CB'S.

You wait until the right one becomes available then you buy instead of making pointless signings who don't take you up a level like Ake and such. Just a waste of money.

We clearly want Upa as our main target. Its him or nothing, Sarr link is good as LB and CB cover tho.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Liverpool were also in the CL by that point after going through quite a few CB'S.

You wait until the right one becomes available then you buy instead of making pointless signings who don't take you up a level like Ake and such. Just a waste of money.

We clearly want Upa as our main target. Its him or nothing, Sarr link is good as LB and CB cover tho.

Doesnt matter if they were in CL or not. They signed 2 players better than what they had. Even if we are playing Europa league or no Europe next season there are 1000s of players better than what we have. They may not be Van Dijk quality but better than Holding/Luiz/Sokratis.

We need to start signing players who are evidently better than what we have. No potentially better.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Doesnt matter if they were in CL or not. They signed 2 players better than what they had. Even if we are playing Europa league or no Europe next season there are 1000s of players better than what we have. They may not be Van Dijk quality but better than Holding/Luiz/Sokratis.

We need to start signing players who are evidently better than what we have. No potentially better.

Thats where you are wrong. They signed players who are infinitely better than what they had. We couldn't go out now and sign a VVD level defender.

Yes we can sign better than what we have but not significantly better to improve us. It is so pointless dropping 40m on your Dunks and Ake's if you truly wanna go to the top.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Thats where you are wrong. They signed players who are infinitely better than what they had. We couldn't go out now and sign a VVD level defender.

Yes we can sign better than what we have but not significantly better to improve us. It is so pointless dropping 40m on your Dunks and Ake's if you truly wanna go to the top.

No I'm not wrong. Liverpool didnt go from 0 to 10 in one step. They bought better than what they had. They improved. They then bought better than what they had again. And improved again.

Arsenal cant sign Van Dijk right now. But we could sign someone better than what we have to get us to the position to sign top players.

We sign players who are no better than what we have. Is Mari better than Holding?

Lewis Dunk may not get us to winning the league. But he may get us to top 4 which means by the time that happens we reinvest again on someone better.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I mean we have been linked with genuine quality CBs this season in Upamecano and Gabriel
now its just about whether or not we can afford them and if they would come to us when we offer no CL football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Rather just see the level of Mari & Saliba in the PL first. We cant keep buying CBs as individuals... adding more without seeing the new ones play or what aspects can be complemented seems a bit pointless.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Rather just see the level of Mari & Saliba in the PL first. We cant keep buying CBs as individuals... adding more without seeing the new ones play or what aspects can be complemented seems a bit pointless.
Break the bank for Ben White imo with one of Chambers and Holding or both going the other way and snap up Sarr on a free. If we sell Mustafi, Kolasinac and Sokratis as well that's a clear upgrade on the options. We could shuttle between 3 or 4 at the back.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Break the bank for Ben White imo with one of Chambers and Holding or both going the other way and snap up Sarr on a free. If we sell Mustafi, Kolasinac and Sokratis as well that's a clear upgrade on the options. We could shuttle between 3 or 4 at the back.

If Brighton want 40m for Dunk they will want similar for him if not more.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Di marzio: Torino Atalanta and Fiorentina are interested no mention of Arsenal or other English club.

Goonger

Mavro's been playing the LCB role and doing very well for Nurnberg. Maybe give him a shot.

I hope the boss has enough balls to drop the established underachievers and gives someone like him a chance if we can't get a more established player in the transfer window.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I hope the boss has enough balls to drop the established underachievers and gives someone like him a chance if we can't get a more established player in the transfer window.

Yeah, I've always liked Dino. He just looks like what you want a CB to look like y'know. He's incredibly dominant in the air, him and Saliba would clean up. Only question is if they could pass the ball well enough.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mavro's been playing the LCB role and doing very well for Nurnberg. Maybe give him a shot.
He’s certainly played well enough to garner interest. His problem like most of our young CBs is staying fit. He could just very well be a keeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom