• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Malcom

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
**** helping the player or Barca as surely they'd only really want a loan if they thought he was anything other than **** or they put in some stupid buy back clause if they did sell outright.

I'm tired of messing around, rechasing, wingers (Malcom and Dembele) who chose up to Barca over us and now don't get games.

HBL

Established Member
Want us to try Nelson first if he continues to develop how he has this season. If that fails there are still a few wingers I'd sign before this guy.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Providing we can sign him outright or loan with option to buy makes sense.

Will also have the Barce / Real itch on hold for a few years as well with the move going bad.

Iwobi, Nelson & Malcom a nice group to have.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not surprised there’s rumblings about a move already. What did he expect? Messi and Coutinho play on the wings, then there’s Dembele. Of course his minutes are gonna be limited. It was a stupid move in the first place, should’ve gone to Roma really.

I’ve maybe reservations about his character but I still think he’s one of the best young wingers around. If he’s available you’d be silly not to go for him.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Is he actually going to get more minutes with us than at Barca? We already have more than enough playmaking wingers in our team, not sure to me why we need one more.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Is he actually going to get more minutes with us than at Barca? We already have more than enough playmaking wingers in our team, not sure to me why we need one more.

We currently have a fast REAL winger as in electric, no nonsense man who holds the width and beats several players by pure space ? If yes, tell me who. The only one we had was Nelson.

scytheavatar

Established Member
We currently have a fast REAL winger as in electric, no nonsense man who holds the width and beats several players by pure space ? If yes, tell me who. The only one we had was Nelson.

Except Malcom isn't some Messi who can "beat several players by pure space", as someone said earlier in the topic he's a Eric Lamela type of player. Has potential but a long way to go, and we might as well invest playing time on Nelson rather than on Malcom.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Except Malcom isn't some Messi who can "beat several players by pure space", as someone said earlier in the topic he's a Eric Lamela type of player. Has potential but a long way to go, and we might as well invest playing time on Nelson rather than on Malcom.

Malcom has pace to burn and has a similar style to Robben, something we've been lacking for ages. Did you just come up with the best player of all time by a big distance for comparison - doesn't that make any player on earth look like an unfit choice ?

Nelson, for me, should be a nailed on starter straight away as soon as he comes back after a full season at Hoffenheim, but as of now we very well can use two players of that type.

Sure, I'd prefer Sancho, but that's wishfull thinking

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
However promising Nelson is, you need a bit more. Welbeck could leave after this season and Nelson could take his place, fair enough. But Nketiah could do with a loan also and you could argue we need another young forward anyway. There is room for Nelson and one more wide forward imo.

Still want Sancho, but don’t turn your nose up at Malcom just cos of this Barca nonsense. He was bloody good for Bordeaux last year, scored bangers but also very creative. And c’mon, we need a Brazilian ffs.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Malcom has pace to burn and has a similar style to Robben, something we've been lacking for ages. Did you just come up with the best player of all time by a big distance for comparison - doesn't that make any player on earth look like an unfit choice ?

Nelson, for me, should be a nailed on starter straight away as soon as he comes back after a full season at Hoffenheim, but as of now we very well can use two players of that type.

Sure, I'd prefer Sancho, but that's wishfull thinking

That's not Malcom, Malcom is not on Robben's level nor is he a speed merchant. As mentioned his level is more like that of Eric Lamela. I have a hard time seeing how Malcom would outperform Nelson.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Nelson is a highly rated talent but I wish we would stop underestimating the gap between that and being a proven top level footballer.

Of course Malcom would outperform Nelson and that's no slight on Nelson. The difference between an 18 year old starting out in top flight football and a 21 year old who has earned a move to Barcelona is staggering.

Let's see how Nelson's season plays out before we start saying he's better than player X or that he'll be a 100% starter next season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Malcom is not a "proven top level footballer", if anything his time at Barca is proving him to be not a top level footballer.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Not really, he's been there two months. Just because he's not cracked Barcelona in that short period proves nothing. What Trills says is fundamentally true.

He's been there two months and already he thinks he is entitled to playing time. That speaks volumes about his attitude and mindset. I have a hard time seeing how he will be any happier as an Arsenal player, when he will have to compete against Özil/Mkhi/Iwobi/Nelson for playing time.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
That's not Malcom, Malcom is not on Robben's level nor is he a speed merchant. As mentioned his level is more like that of Eric Lamela. I have a hard time seeing how Malcom would outperform Nelson.

Dont feel like you getting any of ma statements.

I never said he is on a level to Robben. You always use the best players in the world for comparison ? :lol: - If Robben wasn't made out of glass he had patches where he was going to challenge for ballon dor. There are little to no of his class.

I never said it's either Nelson or Malcom, I said we very well can use two such players as we've not a single one. If Malcom comes now he can settle and then, next season, can either challenge with Nelson for one spot or play together on the wings

Latest posts

Top Bottom