• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mamadou Niang

Artillery

Is Mamadou Niang really good? Better than Reyes, RVP or Quincy?
If he's not, better not get him...might distrupt the progress of RVP and Quincy

baccy_man

Established Member
i have said this before . i hope that we do not get too many african players because when the african nations cup gets under way we are going to be short of players . we have had this problem before when we had Kanu. and Lauren. away for there countries.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Hopefully us being linked with all these no-name players is a smokescreen for whatever Wenger's big move is. Because if we don't sign at least one top quality player, i will honestly eat my hat

malagar

Gazza Martinez said:
Hopefully us being linked with all these no-name players is a smokescreen for whatever Wenger's big move is. Because if we don't sign at least one top quality player, i will honestly eat my hat

Maybe you better get the ketchup ready then :)

brianfrance

Established Member
He's good technically...that's all
25 years old, 95 matches at the highest level, for 24 goals :?
Not arsenal material

AFCG7

Established Member
brianfrance , speaking of African players , how is JOhn Utaka playing nowadays.. i saw him about 2 years ago and he looked a very good striker.

brianfrance

Established Member
a pacey forward, but poor finishing...he has had a very very poor start of the season, now it seems a bit better with thomert on his left (he has scored only 4 goals from the start of the season until the 27th match; and now 4 in 3 matches!)

AFCG7

Established Member
OK.. two years ago i considered him to be Arsenal material..he had all the ight ingredients..pace skill strength and he was scoring some great goals..good to see he is coming back to some god form.

asajoseph

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:

It does rather seem that Wenger is being linked with anybody who is nobody these days. Ah well... I guess we just have to take the rough with the smooth - nobody's going to sign until June anyway.

brianfrance

Established Member
Yeah, he was highly rated even Lyon wanted to buy him. Maybe the poor form of carrière hasn't helped him, but really he has missed a couple of very easy goals. His passing is very strange sometimes too! Not arsenal material at the moment

AFCG7

Established Member
HOw things can change in 2 short years. Back in 2002-2003 Utaka and Julius Agahowa looked really really good for Nigeria but seem to have vanished from regualr news reports. A lot of fans on this forum were impressed with Agahowa especially after the World CUp in 2002.

asajoseph

Established Member
I've not kept up too much with Ligue 1 this year - perhaps this is a job for Brianfrance?

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=269516&CPID=24&CLID=3&lid=&title=Strasbourg+aim+to+keep+Niang&channel=Premiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership</a>

Mamadou Niang - any good?

But he could be the subject of bids at the end of the season, with The Gunners rumoured to have been in contact with Niang.

Wouldn't that be illegal?

Latest posts

Top Bottom