• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man City CL Ban Overturned

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If this gets over turned I will lose any faith I have in the politics & finances of football. Its so clear they are cheating the system yet due to their incredible wealth they have the potential to buy themselves out of anything. Their cheating is the reason that I wanted Liverpool to win PL last season, I'm so pleased they've been well and truly beaten this season.

Pepes blue pill

No sympathy with financial doping but the fact the running was being made by the La Liga president is risible. Real Madrid are the most financially doped team in the last 70 years and have consistently cheated, received state aid, played by different rules to their rivals and been helped by referees to win countless trophies.

Yep, like everyone else I laughed at first but the reality is that in other sports things like financial fair play, wage caps etc are there to try and even the playing field, in football its mainly to protect certain clubs, not really fussed as an Arsenal fan but would be fu cking over the moon if I supported utd or liverpool and any other of the huge clubs from other countries

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Their fanbase is an almost cult like following that can see no wrongdoing in those running the club.

Even this bollocks about uefa supposedly protecting the old boys club they're spouting is conveniently ignoring the fact one of Europe's most prestigious clubs in Milan got hit with a similar ban just last year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Manchester City have been keeping a studious eye on their European rivals’ financial activities since they have been under investigation. They have been taking notes on transfer expenditure, and clubs receiving extra funds from sponsors.

Snitch mode :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I was just looking at some of the numbers. Their commercial revenue went up by £170m in 4 years. It went up by £30m for three seasons in a row during the period they were investigated. They didn’t even get a new shirt sponsor during that time and the new kit deal they signed with Nike was only worth £12m a year. Where the **** were they allocating all this money? :lol:

Every other top club had increases of around £10m outside of kit/sponsorship renewals.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I was just looking at some of the numbers. Their commercial revenue went up by £170m in 4 years. It went up by £30m for three seasons in a row during the period they were investigated. They didn’t even get a new shirt sponsor during that time and the new kit deal they signed with Nike was only worth £12m a year. Where the **** were they allocating all this money? :lol:

Every other top club had increases of around £10m outside of kit/sponsorship renewals.
This is why I don't understand why people are so confident that it'll get overturned. This isn't like Chelsea getting hit with a ban because they didn't register some trialists who were underage, messing with the books is a serious offence in any industry.

Manberg

Predator
This is why I don't understand why people are so confident that it'll get overturned. This isn't like Chelsea getting hit with a ban because they didn't register some trialists who were underage, messing with the books is a serious offence in any industry.

For legal reasons to do with the investigation. I’m no expert but City have probably hired the best lawyers.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
For legal reasons to do with the investigation. I’m no expert but City have probably hired the best lawyers.

It was a cover up that only came to light because they had their emails hacked. This isn’t some misunderstanding where a lawyer can worm their way out of it and talk about technicalities and loopholes.

Reactions: A_G

Manberg

Predator
It was a cover up that only came to light because they had their emails hacked. This isn’t some misunderstanding where a lawyer can worm their way out of it and talk about technicalities and loopholes.

They were leaked by a newspaper. I don’t think disclosure by media is completely lawful in court. Trump got off where his lawyers argued against leaks to the washington post.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They were leaked by a newspaper. I don’t think disclosure by media is completely lawful in court. Trump got off where his lawyers argued against leaks to the washington post.
Will this be handled in criminal court though?

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this a case of UEFA not allowing them to compete in their competition because they broke their rules? I’m not sure if they have legal rights because ultimately it’s just a competition, it’s not like they’re being forced to stop playing football.

Manberg

Predator
Will this be handled in criminal court though?

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t this a case of UEFA not allowing them to compete in their competition because they broke their rules? I’m not sure if they have legal rights because ultimately it’s just a competition, it’s not like they’re being forced to stop playing football.

City said they'll take the appeal to the court of arbitration for sport (CAS). They seem to have overturned a number of cases in sport through appeals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_of_Arbitration_for_Sport

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Just read up on this. There won’t be any sympathy for them.

They’re playing the victim card as a club (not the fans) and using some very vague comments from the UEFA chief investigator to indicate that they always knew this would be the outcome.

I’m paraphrasing but they’ve turned the man saying “if the allegations are true then they could be in big trouble” into this:

“(he) publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered, before any investigation had even begun”
I mean cry me a river and just don’t doctor your accounts next time?:lol:

Also look at this:

In 2014, the IC determined that City had a deficit of €180m over that two-year period, vastly in excess of the €45m permitted, and in May that year agreed a settlement which some at Uefa believed was too lenient. A day before that, the former chair of the IC, Jean-Luc Dehaene, a distinguished former prime minister of Belgium and senior EU politician, died aged 73, survived by his wife of 49 years and their four children. Spiegel quoted Cliff’s reaction to this news in an internal email, referring to the membership of the IC: “1 down, 6 to go.”

Absolute **** and to this day they haven’t apologised for that email because it was hacked and so they refuse to acknowledge it. Hope they get the full two years and get some PL punishment as well.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

So its there for all to see and they are still denying it. The media kiss their arses no end let's see what happens now. Everyone knew the deals was dodgey, reading the matter more indepth i can't see CAS overturning it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom