• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man City v Arsenal - Player Ratings

ArsenalDNA

USArsenal said:
i think some of you are being absolutely f*ing ridiculous with your ratings of 1's and 2's for Gervinho. yeah, he missed 2 golden chances, but he worked his a** off, made a bunch of great runs and was generally positive. he was average overall for the good and bad that he did.. that would at least give him a 5..

Definitely. None of the chances he fckd up were as easy as the chance Aguero had.

He was easily one of our worst players. But the poor guy ran the whole time he was on the field and kept getting into great positions. I was getting as frustrated as anyone, but he was getting himself into decent positions the whole game, which i think is extremely encouraging.

If he somehow learns how to finish, as unlikely as that seems, we will have an absolute monster. Honestly, i'd have him spending every single training session on shooting practise.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
USArsenal said:
i think some of you are being absolutely f*ing ridiculous with your ratings of 1's and 2's for Gervinho. yeah, he missed 2 golden chances, but he worked his a** off, made a bunch of great runs and was generally positive. he was average overall for the good and bad that he did.. that would at least give him a 5..

Yup, agreed.

This was pretty much a typical performance from him.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i agree he had some poor finishing and was one of our worst players, but Poldi wasnt exactly much better (spurned the one chance HE had too). we know he can shoot (see our last game), he just needs more consistency.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
DJ_Markstar said:
USArsenal said:

Yup, agreed.

This was pretty much a typical performance from him.

If you took Gervinho off today our attack would have turned to ****. He constantly pulled the defense out of position and caused headaches for them all match. His movement both on and off the ball is top class and it's one of the hardest things to deal with as a defender. His final ball is horrible, but he does a lot of positive things that don't get noticed.

There is a reason why Wenger left him on for the entire 90 and that is because without him on the field, we would have been to static to cause the City defense any problems.

On a side note, I said it from day one but it's now a time to reflect and say it again, thank **** we sold Clichy.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Mannone - 5 : Not at fault for goal. Decent deputy but otherwise not convinced. Dodgy kicks for most of the match.

Jenkinson - 8 : Well done.
Mertesacker - 8 :Cleared the lines, countless interceptions...Slightly edges it for MOTM for me, him or Koz.
Bosschielny - 8 :This guy is class.
Gibbs - 5 : Prob bias cause I don't remember any glaring mistakes but not feeling this guy- reckon we could do much better in this position.

Arteta - 7 : Mr. Consistent.
Diaby - 6: Meh. Some good stuff, some bad, overrated imo. Tempted to give a 5 but the 6 was for the first half. Midfield dominated and he was def a part of it.
Cazorla - 7 : Dominated until some tactical changes from Mancini. Has a better shot then some of our attacking players in certain situations, needs to shoot more.

Ramsey - 8 : Looking like the Rambo we first signed. Great game.
Podolski - 4 : Just as wasteful as Gervinho, at fault for goal, largely ineffective, shoulda come off earlier perhaps.
Gervinho - 6 : Did everything you could do on a pitch except finish tbh. Constant threat and defended well. Tempted to give a 7 but he lost us 2 points. Either learn to shoot or start looking for the final pass more if his shots are gonna be that wild.

Overall, our defense and midfield earned us the draw. Our current goal threats where not up to par and the chances were there.

yakso

Mannone - 5 : Should have done better for the goal but that wasn't a howler. He did make couple of important saves. For me Chesny starts when ready.

Jenkinson - 8 : His best game in an Arsenal shirt. The young man has really made real progress since his debut. Doesn't seem like a second choice RB at all!
Mertesacker - 9 : He was majestic. Made lots of crucial interceptions and one of the best CB performance I have seen recently by an Arsenal player.
Koscielny - 7.5 : He was solid and scored a very important goal. Almost gave away a goal though.
Gibbs - 7

Arteta - 7
Diaby - 6 : Not his best game.
Cazorla - 8 : Played some really great passes. With a better striker he would have got 2/3 assists on the day. He has never really had a bad game for us..

Gervinho - 3 : He doesn't seem to be controlling his own feet. What can you say? Frustrating as ****!
Podolski - 6 : Really ran his ass of in the first half.
Ramsey - 7.5 : I thought he had a good game. Some of his final decisions could have been better though.

Substitutes
Walcott - 3 : He can leave. Doesn't really add anything to our team.
Giroud - 6 : He will come good but needs more game time.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Cudareli said:
If you took Gervinho off today our attack would have turned to ****. He constantly pulled the defense out of position and caused headaches for them all match. His movement both on and off the ball is top class and it's one of the hardest things to deal with as a defender. His final ball is horrible, but he does a lot of positive things that don't get noticed.

There is a reason why Wenger left him on for the entire 90 and that is because without him on the field, we would have been to static to cause the City defense any problems.

I agree his movement is very good/exceptional, rarely finds himself offside and positionally is good - I've always said this. He's annoying to deal with as a defender from this POV, and you can never be sure you've dealt with him.

However, re: technical ability: It's not really enough to *look* dangerous, you actually have to *be* dangerous. He is perfectly able to finish from 6 yards out, but any further and it tends to get skyed or screwed horribly wide, which is nothing new.

Now, there's nothing wrong with a flat track bully, every team needs one, and his two goals vs. Soton showed his value versus poor opposition. I've no issues with that, and I hope he continues to score cheap tap-ins through great movement.

However, when people say he's good at x,y and z when he isn't, and then rate him at 1's and 2's vs. City for doing what he's done the whole time since moving here, it leaves me scratching my head. People need to stop confusing a willingness to take players on with actually being useful/dangerous when he does so.

Basically, don't pretend he's good at things (Mainly technical ability, taking on his man) and then be shocked when he fails to demonstrate an ability in those things.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mannone - 7 : 1 blunder, several very good shot stop. Some posters are too harsh IMO

Jenkinson - 9 : Completely boss his area defensively - check, great surging runs - check, great crosses - check, great engine running up and down - check, Counter attack awareness - check, Last ditch tackle - did enough to make Aguero miss.
Man of the Match
Mertesacker - 8 :Cleared the lines, countless interceptions...doesn't click well with Kos, but his partnership with Jenks is great.
Koscielny - 7 : One glaring mistake failing to clear the rebound from Kompany bicycle kick, nobody remembers though, as luckily Jenks was there.
Gibbs - 7 : One glaring mistake that cost us, otherwise solid game
Arteta - 6 : He was against Yaya Toure, that was never going to be easy. But his passing is a bit off today.
Diaby - 6 : Should have stuck with Yaya, several symptoms of old Diaby but well, our midfield battle isn't going to be easy
Cazorla - 7 : He is not effective on the wing, his interchange with Ramsey didn't come up too well. Still had a better game than Silva.
Ramsey - 7 : He isn't creative enough, but mark out Javi Garcia and help Arteta against Yaya and Silva. Good game

Podolski - 4 : he isn't playing well today. Lack of runs and skied a good ball from Jenks
Gervinho - 6 : Now that I have slept, this guy is the same as Robben, greedy as ****, but he did his job creating havoc, the thing is he created havoc to our team too. Lacks shooting accuracy, teammates awareness/understanding, passing, crossing...

Theo : N/A
Giroud : N/A

Wenger : Using 4-2-2-2 nice changes man.. I thought you already forgotten about other formation

MDGoonah41

Established Member
mannone - 3
jenkinson - 7
mertesacker - 8
kos - 7
gibbs - 6

arteta - 6
diaby - 5
ramsey - 6
cazorla - 7

podolski - 5
gervinho - 2

walcott - 2
giroud - 4
coquelin - 10

Tranquil

I think people are being VERY harsh on Mannone and Gervinho. Mannone made a few very good saves. And as for the goal, if he didnt come, Lescott was given free reign to smash it into the top corner anyway. Doubt Mannone would have got there anyway. And Gervinho was decent. Just final product was missing. His movement and general play was good.

Mannone 6/10

Jenkinson 8/10
Mertesacker 9/10
Koscielny 8/10
Gibbs 8/10

Arteta 6/10
Diaby 7/10
Cazorla 8/10

Gervinho 6/10
Podolski 6/10
Ramsey 7/10

Subs didnt do enough for rating imo. Giroud held the ball up nicely once or twice I guess.

haemogoblin2

most of you are way too harsh on mannone. we conceded the goal mainly because of lack of concentration of the whole defensive line. thought hes made a few decent saves and should deserve a 6 minimum.

really impressed by jenkinson, hes improved drastically in the last few months. hope he continues to do so before sagna comes back so he can challenge him for the starting spot.

ramseys hard work as a sub from the last few matches earned him a starting spot today and he did not disappoint us. and thats what Arsène should do more, drop those who are not performing and reward those who are!

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989
Top Bottom