• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Crystal Palace (A)

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Saliba was impressive but I voted Ramsdale because he was the game-changer. Without his excellent reaction save at 0-1 we wouldn't have won this game. Might eve have lost it.

Tbh he did make a dodgy pass that could have gone anywhere, and looked a bit shaky for a 10 minute spell after that. But yes, 2 excellent saves. For me, Saliba didn't put a foot wrong so MOTM is easy, but I see why you might say Ramsdale.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Like grange said, this guy was telling us Saliba wasn’t coming back now he wants a trophy for saying he was good when plenty of other Ligue 1 observes could’ve said the same.
Hmm but again we're not really arguing about that (I disagree btw but that's a different discussion).

It still doesn't change the fact that what you quoted doesn't match up as there's no contradiction in what Carlito'sway was saying. I can't really see that changing unless you can find quotes where he repeatedly maintained that Saliba was rubbish last season.

Finally I'll add that I hope you can appreciate that I'm not trying to be hostile here, this is football forum at the end of the day and not too serious (I still block annoying ppl I can't stand tho so maybe I am taking it too seriously??) but I just don't agree with that comment I initially responded to.

Last edited:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
“he’s not coming back and I don’t blame him” where’s the doubt there? It’s definitive.
Different issue to whether he was good enough for arsenal; he was class at Marseille and still very good at Nice. Those who watch ligue A saw it on a weekly basis, especially when we saw others like gabriel doing well for us and their level in Ligue 1. So there is not really any surprise about how he started.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Brilliant scouting job tbh, suggesting a French international CB might help you. No one could've seen it coming.

And yeah he was clearly MOTM tonight, closest to him was Jesus. Was the only player who never looked rattled.

Just read 6 months to 24 months before, very few on here thought he was going to make it here , even the player was disillusioned by his treatment.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
I'm not surprised about the mugs that "laugh" reacted including the biggest bvm on this forum @grange who was one of the people saying sALiBa iSN't rEAdy, but I bet he's riding his d!ck now that his lord, saviour and master Arteta has finally included him in the squad.
Tagging me when you have me blocked. Rent free. 🤣

I never said he wasn’t ready either. I’ve been saying since Jan/Feb that he’s returning to us and I was looking forward to him displacing either White or Gabriel. I was wrong so far about my guess of it being Gabriel.

D

Deleted member 102404

Different issue to whether he was good enough for arsenal; he was class at Marseille and still very good at Nice. Those who watch ligue A saw it on a weekly basis, especially when we saw others like gabriel doing well for us and their level in Ligue 1. So there is not really any surprise about how he started.
He was good at Marseille. Really developed well in that year, BUT let’s not pretend it was all plain sailing. Had some big errors and a couple of spells where he wasn’t good. He said so himself , commenting on his ‘average’ form in the early months of 2022.
I have actually been surprised by just how good he looked against Chelsea in preseason and then away to Palace.
The biggest thing I saw that I really liked was his positioning. He read the game well, which was one of the areas he was looking to improve.

If he continues at the level of last Friday, he’s golden.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He was good at Marseille. Really developed well in that year, BUT let’s not pretend it was all plain sailing. Had some big errors and a couple of spells where he wasn’t good. He said so himself , commenting on his ‘average’ form in the early months of 2022.
I have actually been surprised by just how good he looked against Chelsea in preseason and then away to Palace.
The biggest thing I saw that I really liked was his positioning. He read the game well, which was one of the areas he was looking to improve.

If he continues at the level of last Friday, he’s golden.

He has great potential, he has shown that in bucket loads already.

But, you touch on a key point here IMO, and that is it wont be plain sailing all the way. Saliba is still a young player, who will make mistakes along the way. We must not forget that.

There will be some bad peformances to come, and you will see people turn on him and others bring out their carefully crafted agendas yet again. The key is to keep focus on the talent, the potential and the desire to succeed. That will ultimately get Saliba to be grouped with the very best in the game.

D

Deleted member 102404

He has great potential, he has shown that in bucket loads already.

But, you touch on a key point here IMO, and that is it wont be plain sailing all the way. Saliba is still a young player, who will make mistakes along the way. We must not forget that.

There will be some bad peformances to come, and you will see people turn on him and others bring out their carefully crafted agendas yet again. The key is to keep focus on the talent, the potential and the desire to succeed. That will ultimately get Saliba to be grouped with the very best in the game.
Yeah.
We also have to remember that the very best players in the world make mistakes. Van Dijk had a mare last week. Some players just have their mistakes focused on, whilst others don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom