• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man of the Match: Crystal Palace (A)

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Everyone been talking about Saliba for 3 years :lol:

Brilliant scouting job tbh, suggesting a French international CB might help you. No one could've seen it coming.

And yeah he was clearly MOTM tonight, closest to him was Jesus. Was the only player who never looked rattled.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
GTFOH. Clowns like you were claiming he should be happy if he is in the rotation. Fraud.

Where did I make this alleged claim? Citation needed, monsieur?

What I actually said was he should step out of his comfort zone by facing the challenge and come here and fight for his spot instead of remaining in a dead farmers league like Ligue 1 just to play CL football.

ItaBic

My ratings:
Ramsdale: 7.5
He really show great instincts with hands , saved us a couple of times. need to improve with feet :D
White: 6,5 started not so good but grew during the match , sometimes i still have feeling need to improve his positioning
Gabriel: 6,5 Good game , but need to avoid superficials mistakes
Saliba: 8,5 Man of the match, what a game! as in preseason with Chelsea and Sevilla , i think we found a jewel:D
Zinkchenko: 6 very good for the assist and some offensive actions ; but he suffered a bit too much defensively. i think can do a lot better
Partney: 6 not a superday for him in my opinion , but also no mistakes
Xhaka: 6 same as Partney
Odeegard: 5,5: some good plays and pressing , but need to be a lot better if we want to compete against top teams.
Martinelli: 6,5: very good first half with goal ,actions and pity the bad mistake that twarted super Jesus play; second half not so good
Saka:6,5 opposite of Martinelli , first half mark 5 , second half really good mark 7 :)
Jesus: 7: i like him a lot. also in a not easy day with opponents defenders that defense hard on him, he could make great plays as the one in first half that created occasion for Marti and in second half for Odeegard.

D

Deleted member 102404

Saliba gets my vote, but would have gone to Ramsdale if not for those two dodgy moments in possession that seemed to spur on Palace.
Ramsdales saves were the main reason we won the game.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Id say the best performers were:

5. Zinkchenko - Impressed me. Technically very good, made several very good runs and did the job defensively (granted majority of Palace's attack went down the other flank).

4. Jesus - Looked amazing in first half running past numerous Palace players in several runs and full of flair and has a high workrate.. Exciting player to watch, you think he's going to do something everytime he's on the ball. Seemed to tire in the second half and was quiet.

3. White - Apart from two sloppy passes that played us into danger in the first half, I thought White was very good. Contained Zaha very well.

2. Ramsdale - with the exception two shaky moments Ramsdale distribution was excellent. Came up with two big, very important saves when he had to.

1. MOTM Saliba - Flawless. Big physical presence, who timed his tackles well and looked exceptionally calm and composed on the ball.

Last edited:

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Id say the best performers were:

5. Zinkchenko - Impressed me. Technically very good, made several very good runs and did the job defensively (granted majority of Palace's attack went down the other flank).

4. Jesus - Looked amazing in first half running past numerous Palace players in several runs and full of flair and has a high workrate.. Exciting player to watch, you think he's going to do something everytime he's on the ball. Seemed to tire in the second half and was quiet.

3. White - Apart from two sloppy passes that played us into danger in the first half, I thought White was very good. Contained Zaha very well.

2. Ramsdale - with the exception two shaky moments Ramsdale distribution was excellent. Came up with two big, very important saves when he had to.

1. MOTM Saliba - Flawless. Big physical presence, who timed his tackles well and looked exceptionally calm and composed on the ball.

You pick 3 blondes in your top 5. You’re obviously a white supremacist. :p

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
I told you all about Saliba 6 months ago...:);)
Animated GIF

Se Queda in Marseille.....He is not coming back. I can't blame him .....:lol:
Actually, I am giving it a 60/40 chance that we will see Saliba in an Arsenal jersey by Sept 1. He is saying the politically correct thing now but no doubt that him, his agent and entourage are very aware that coming back to London may bury his chances to play in Qatar. Not to mention UCL as well, something he may never experience at Arsenal. I am will to bet we will see more twists and turns with the Saliba story before all is said and done.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Naa I call BS on this. You've strawmanned the f*ck outta this, a disappointment coming from you.

@carlito'sway has always maintained that Saliba is a quality player which he was insinuating in his message in this thread.

What you've quoted is the fact that he doubted that Saliba would return and play for Arsenal (which was not an unreasonable take at the time), he wasn't saying he's a bad player, and that's a completely separate argument tbh.

I know this because he watched the Marseille games when I was watching them and he said a lot of positive things about Saliba.

I'm not surprised about the mugs that "laugh" reacted including the biggest bvm on this forum @grange who was one of the people saying sALiBa iSN't rEAdy, but I bet he's riding his d!ck now that his lord, saviour and master Arteta has finally included him in the squad.

Anyway, bygones. Saliba Motm so we move.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Naa I call BS on this. You've strawmanned the f*ck outta this, a disappointment coming from you.

@carlito'sway has always maintained that Saliba is a quality player which he was insinuating in his message in this thread.

What you've quoted is the fact that he doubted that Saliba would return and play for Arsenal (which was not an unreasonable take at the time), he wasn't saying he's a bad player, and that's a completely separate argument tbh.

I know this because he watched the Marseille games when I was watching them and he said a lot of positive things about Saliba.

I'm not surprised about the mugs that "laugh" reacted including the biggest bvm on this forum @grange who was one of the people saying sALiBa iSN't rEAdy, but I bet he's riding his d!ck now that his lord, saviour and master Arteta has finally included him in the squad.

Anyway, bygones. Saliba Motm so we move.
“he’s not coming back and I don’t blame him” where’s the doubt there? It’s definitive.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

“he’s not coming back and I don’t blame him” where’s the doubt there? It’s definitive.
Yes but that's not saying Saliba is sh!t though? That's saying he didn't think Saliba would come back. Which is a different argument.

If Carlito'sway said "I told you Saliba would be starting for us" then fair enough you've got him dead to rights.

But he said "I told you all about Saliba 6 months ago" which is clearly alluding to Saliba's ability and which he did praise....several times, infact defending Saliba's ability is mostly what he did in the thread whilst Saliba was at Marseille.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Keep moving the goal posts, you mug. My point has always been clear in the Saliba thread. If Saliba comes back to Arsenal, he will start and be an automatic starter. If not, and to make sure he keeps his status in the French NT, he may not stay with Arsenal. What the **** 60/40 means for you?
Clowns like you, who never saw him last season but were ****ting on the Saliba just because some were questioning Arteta's management of the player.
A-M used to have much better and smarter posters than some of the dumbfucks posting lately. SMH.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Keep moving the goal posts, you mug. My point has always been clear in the Saliba thread. If Saliba comes back to Arsenal, he will start and be an automatic starter. If not, and to make sure he keeps his status in the French NT, he may not stay with Arsenal. What the **** 60/40 means for you?
Clowns like you, who never saw him last season but were ****ting on the Saliba just because some were questioning Arteta's management of the player.
A-M used to have much better and smarter posters than some of the dumbfucks posting lately. SMH.
:lol:

Find one post where I criticised Saliba when you’re done with one of your trademark emotional breakdowns.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yes but that's not saying Saliba is sh!t though? That's saying he didn't think Saliba would come back. Which is a different argument.

If Carlito'sway said "I told you Saliba would be starting for us" then fair enough you've got him dead to rights.

But he said "I told you all about Saliba 6 months ago" which is clearly alluding to Saliba's ability and which he did praise....several times, infact defending Saliba's ability is mostly what he did in the thread whilst Saliba was at Marseille.
Like grange said, this guy was telling us Saliba wasn’t coming back now he wants a trophy for saying he was good when plenty of other Ligue 1 observes could’ve said the same.

Tom Mix

Saliba was impressive but I voted Ramsdale because he was the game-changer. Without his excellent reaction save at 0-1 we wouldn't have won this game. Might eve have lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom