• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Man u - Arsenal, player ratings

Proof

Established Member
Fabianski - 6

Sagna - 6
Toure - 8
Song - 8
Gibbs - 7

Nasri - 7
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 7
Diaby - 5
Arshavin - 6

Van Persie - 6

Subs:
Walcott - 4
Bendtner - 4

qs

Established Member
Surprised at the amount of 6s for Sagna, I thought it was his best game in months. Kept Rooney out of the game I thought.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 8
Toure 7.5
Song 8
Gibbs 7
Denilson 7
Diaby 5
Fabregas 6
Nasri 6
Arshavin 6
van Persie 6

Bendtner 4
Walcott 4

Proof

Established Member
@qs
Sagna is the best right-back in the land (IMO) and he also kept Rooney quiet over the 2 CL legs which is formdable. But it's his crossing that lets him down and that's why I gave him a 6.

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianksi - 7. Played well, one of those game where he looked one fumbled catch away from disaster, but if that fumble doesn't come he actually does quite well (if that makes any sense lol).

Sagna - 8. Awesome.

Toure - 7. Some shakey moments but was rarely tested.

Song - 8. Great distribution and defended well.

Gibbs - 8. Awesome.

Nasri - 7. Tidy but needs more composure in the final third.

Fabregas - 7. Missed some chances to play the killer ball, bu the lack of movement is killing him.

Denilson - 7. Good game, but United gave us lots of time on the ball.

Diaby - 5. Offers very little.

Arshavin - 6. Some great moments, but otherwise quiet.

Van Persie - 5. Tried hard, but not capable of the lone striker role.

Subs

Eboue - N/A
Walcott - N/A
Bendtner - N/A

lagos

Established Member
Not sure you can extrapolate anything from this game manu did not play to win and were perfectly happy for us to do what we excel at: hold on to the ball but doing nothing with it, they made us look better than we are really because they really couldn't be bothered! To me they just wanted to get through the game and get to the medal presentation

I wouldn't start dishing out 8s and 9s, Having said that, Gibbs And Song were worthy of mention probably 7s, everyone else a 6

qs

Established Member
It was an ok performance with many acceptable showings. No one took the game to them though and we lacked that killer performance from some one in midfield to really go for the win. It looked like 2 teams happy to take a draw.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
I don't necessarily think it was a case of ManU not being bothered, I give us much more credit than that, but what they did do an excellent job of doing was funnelling our moves out wide, which, as we all know, is not very effective for us.

A true bright spot for the season was confirmed today, though: K. Gibbs. (Though my commentator kept on calling him K. Giggs!)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski: 6
Sagna: 6
Touré: 9
Song: 8
Gibbs: 7
Nasri: 7
Diaby: 5
Cesc: 5
Denilson: 7
Arshavin: 5
van Persie: 5.5

Walcott: 5
Bendtner: 6
Eboue: 6

I think our central defence looked better than theirs. Touré is my man of the match.

ricky1985

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
I don't necessarily think it was a case of ManU not being bothered, I give us much more credit than that, but what they did do an excellent job of doing was funnelling our moves out wide, which, as we all know, is not very effective for us.

A true bright spot for the season was confirmed today, though: K. Gibbs. (Though my commentator kept on calling him K. Giggs!)

I agree on both counts. I just watched the game again, my initial viewing was in a busy pub and I didn't fully take it in. We were excellent. They defended well in numbers, and one of the few criticisms I'd level at us is that we didn't support Van Persie well enough, and left him very isolated in a difficult role. However, we dominated possession, and they coudn't do anything about it in the first half, we ran them ragged until we got to the final third. We lost a lot of control when we took off Arshavin and Nasri, who were both excellent.

On the subject of Gibbs - it's almost impossible to be at the level he's at when he hasn't really played any top level football. He has it all; pace, power, aerial ability, composure in both defence and attack, a good left foot, good timing in the tackle, and is also very intelligent. Clichy has one hell of a fight in the next couple of seasons to hold onto his place. I'd actually go as far to say Gibbs will be pushing hard come the start of next season - he's that good!

Proof

Established Member
@Ricky
I agree with your short review of the game, apart from the Gibbs thing who, indeed has a great future ahead of him and could be a great left-back. But to say that Clichy will have to fight for his spot it's a little bit 'unfitting' and I think that this has to do with the fact that we didn't see Gael for a long time.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Yeah, Clichy is a better player any given day of the week. It doesn't take anything away from the fact that Gibbs is a brilliant prospect though.

DC Gunner

Established Member
wenger apologists said:
fabianski - 10
sagna - 10
gibbs - 10
Touré - 10
song - 10
nasri - 10
diaby - 9.9
cesc - 10
denilson - 10
arshavin - 10
van persie - 16
proud of the lads :p

Biggus

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
On the subject of Gibbs - it's almost impossible to be at the level he's at when he hasn't really played any top level football. He has it all; pace, power, aerial ability, composure in both defence and attack, a good left foot, good timing in the tackle, and is also very intelligent. Clichy has one hell of a fight in the next couple of seasons to hold onto his place. I'd actually go as far to say Gibbs will be pushing hard come the start of next season - he's that good!

Agreed about Gibbs, the lad looks the biz. I wouldn't worry about that old fart Clichy- It'll nearly be time to sell him off soon. :wink:

@ DC- :lol:

Captain

Established Member
Good play from most.

Still don't think Diaby should start any game but coming to grips with him.

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
Surprised at the amount of 6s for Sagna, I thought it was his best game in months. Kept Rooney out of the game I thought.
Not at all, many times he was beaten, for example once Rooney almost scored from a header. Also, Rooney could cross whenever he wanted.

Sagna was lucky Man Utd rarely attacked and that they were sloppy in possession.

ricky1985

Established Member
Considering the extreme lack of protection Sagna receives it's aamzing that he pretty much had Rooney in his pocket for the three games we played against them. Especially in all of the second halves of the games, Rooney literally didn't get a kick.

True Gooner

Established Member
I thought Sagna was solid at the back, Rooney was a beast and any full back would have had his work cut out dealing with him. Even when he was beaten, Sagna did a good job recovering bar one or two instances.

However, I thought he gave away the ball little too often

banduan

Established Member
they did alright. 5-6's all round. Song gets 7.

Subs were awful, placed in really weird positions.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten
Top Bottom