• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just got to hold out and see if Liverpool are dumb enough to sack Klopp if they don’t get CL.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
b4563eb92371d62b0abfaf0039deab30.jpg

On a serious note, what do people make of Parker? Have been very impressed with the way he’s turned things around at Fulham, their arguably playing the best football in the league after City at the moment. Wouldn’t mind if he Brings Lookman along with him too

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
On a serious note, what do people make of Parker? Have been very impressed with the way he’s turned things around at Fulham, their arguably playing the best football in the league after City at the moment. Wouldn’t mind if he Brings Lookman along with him too
I think Parker has something about him and could have a good future. However there is no way Arsenal could replace Arteta with a rookie manager that just got relegated.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m a bit biased but I really like him. The Fulham side he took over was a shambles. They’d fallen out the PL with no money because they’d wasted it on a load of flops and loan signings that hadn’t worked.

When he came in, he hammered the fundamentals so it’s not always pretty but he plays a winning brand of football. They’ll look to be protagonists where possible.

Last year they honestly were given no chance pre-season. Squad was a mess and there were some big dogs in the league like Brentford, Forest, Leeds and Swansea with much better teams.

He kept them in the promotion hunt all year long and out thought Harris and Frank in the playoffs. This year I thought they had the worst squad on paper and no money for recruitment.

All they’ve been able to do is patch together a few loan signings with some of the holdovers from their last PL campaign who are on wages too high to shift.

They had the shortest pre-season of any PL team with something like six weeks before the new season started from the playoff final.

Still he’s had all his players running through walls for him. Loan players traditionally aren’t your key players but the buy in from the likes of RLC, Lookman, Aina and Areola has been phenomenal.

They took on Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd in their home games and should’ve got more points than they did from those games. They’ve lacked a goal scorer all year, he’s squeezed every drop out of Mitrovic and Cavaleiro who are miles off the level required tbh.

If they go down it won’t be because of him, they shouldn’t be anywhere near staying up right now. It’s a big ask for him to maybe jump from Fulham to Arsenal. The pressure is different and players react to appointments in different ways.

If I were him I’d look to a midtable side next and then think about one of the big boys.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I’m a bit biased but I really like him. The Fulham side he took over was a shambles. They’d fallen out the PL with no money because they’d wasted it on a load of flops and loan signings that hadn’t worked.

When he came in, he hammered the fundamentals so it’s not always pretty but he plays a winning brand of football. They’ll look to be protagonists where possible.

Last year they honestly were given no chance pre-season. Squad was a mess and there were some big dogs in the league like Brentford, Forest, Leeds and Swansea with much better teams.

He kept them in the promotion hunt all year long and out thought Harris and Frank in the playoffs. This year I thought they had the worst squad on paper and no money for recruitment.

All they’ve been able to do is patch together a few loan signings with some of the holdovers from their last PL campaign who are on wages too high to shift.

They had the shortest pre-season of any PL team with something like six weeks before the new season started from the playoff final.

Still he’s had all his players running through walls for him. Loan players traditionally aren’t your key players but the buy in from the likes of RLC, Lookman, Aina and Areola has been phenomenal.

They took on Liverpool, Chelsea and Utd in their home games and should’ve got more points than they did from those games. They’ve lacked a goal scorer all year, he’s squeezed every drop out of Mitrovic and Cavaleiro who are miles off the level required tbh.

If they go down it won’t be because of him, they shouldn’t be anywhere near staying up right now. It’s a big ask for him to maybe jump from Fulham to Arsenal. The pressure is different and players react to appointments in different ways.

If I were him I’d look to a midtable side next and then think about one of the big boys.

Didn’t realise Fulham were in such deep **** when he took over.

Yes, probably does need a stint at a solid mid table club (one might argue us lol) before he steps up to one of the bigger teams, but I have been impressed With the way he handled the media especially when they were going through their **** run. He knew their fortunes will turn based on the performances.

Their performance against Everton the other day at Goodison was one of the most impressive of any team in the league. Everton didn’t have a sniff of goal as Fulham controlled the tempo And the ball from start to finish. Movement, running off the ball, combination play...I haven’t seen anything from Arteta to suggest he can dominate a top 4-6 team in the same manner.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t realise Fulham were in such deep **** when he took over.

Yes, probably does need a stint at a solid mid table club (one might argue us lol) before he steps up to one of the bigger teams, but I have been impressed With the way he handled the media especially when they were going through their **** run. He knew their fortunes will turn based on the performances.

Their performance against Everton the other day at Goodison was one of the most impressive of any team in the league. Everton didn’t have a sniff of goal as Fulham controlled the tempo And the ball from start to finish. Movement, running off the ball, combination play...I haven’t seen anything from Arteta to suggest he can dominate a top 4-6 team in the same manner.

Yeah it wasn’t a fluke either. They should’ve beaten Liverpool and Chelsea as well.

They’ve been unlucky to draw as many games as they have.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Yeah it wasn’t a fluke either. They should’ve beaten Liverpool and Chelsea as well.

They’ve been unlucky to draw as many games as they have.
Easy link to make considering he played for than but could see Sp**s going for him if and when Mourinho goes.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Easy link to make considering he played for than but could see Sp**s going for him if and when Mourinho goes.

Chelsea too if Tuchel leaves in 18 months. Parker did get around London as a player :lol:

Five teams wasn’t it?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Chelsea too if Tuchel leaves in 18 months. Parker did get around London as a player :lol:

Five teams wasn’t it?
Oh yeah I totally forgot he was at Chelsea :lol:Thought he was a great signing for them at the time. I can remember watching him ripping them with Charlton, convinced it was boxing day, must have been a couple weeks before they got him.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Oh yeah I totally forgot he was at Chelsea :lol:Thought he was a great signing for them at the time. I can remember watching him ripping them with Charlton, convinced it was boxing day, must have been a couple weeks before they got him.
He was class at Charlton. Not sure what happened to him after that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I like the Erik ten Hag idea. Ajax to Arsenal is a reasonable step up. 9 years, 377 games managed, 236 wins, over 800 goals scored, that's good experience but with the best yet to come. Attacking style of play, can bring some good players with him.

We're not a prime destination for the top managers any more, ten Hag looks like one with the best track record who's still consider us a step up.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I like the Erik ten Hag idea. Ajax to Arsenal is a reasonable step up. 9 years, 377 games managed, 236 wins, over 800 goals scored, that's good experience but with the best yet to come. Attacking style of play, can bring some good players with him.

We're not a prime destination for the top managers any more, ten Hag looks like one with the best track record who's still consider us a step up.
If you bring ten haag you bring Overmars too sack edu but that's mean we returned to starting point of rebuilding. It's tough we really need stability.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Juve are probably sacking Pirlo at the end of the season and bringing him back

He's been learning English though, said he wants to manage abroad. At least if the football was dull under Allegri 1) you'd know for sure it's the players and 2) you'd know he's been here, done it and knows what he's doing.

I'd have Allegri or ten Hag.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He's been learning English though, said he wants to manage abroad. At least if the football was dull under Allegri 1) you'd know for sure it's the players and 2) you'd know he's been here, done it and knows what he's doing.

I'd have Allegri or ten Hag.
Not sure Allegri is THAT boring, it's a bit of a myth imo. Also if Oleh gets Top 4 he isn't leaving, so Allegri might be available even for Arsenal.
Rangnick sounds like the best choice for the rebuilding job, but I have seen zero Rangnick links since Wenger left, he/his agent probably doesn't know the right people to get the Arsenal gig unfortunately.
At this stage I'd go for any good attacking manager who speaks English: ten Hag, maybe even Favre who usually overperforms at midtable clubs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom