• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I was keen on Nagelsmann at one point too and he was my first choice but I think we need a more experienced manager after Mikel Arteta.

Allegri is a fantastic option available and he would definitely improve us imo.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was keen on Nagelsmann at one point too and he was my first choice but I think we need a more experienced manager after Mikel Arteta.

Allegri is a fantastic option available and he would definitely improve us imo.
Nagellseman might be younger than Arteta but he's far more experienced.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Nagellseman might be younger than Arteta but he's far more experienced.

True but he’s still fairly unproven especially when compared to someone like Allegri.

D6yvsAVWkAAm8fa

The main issue with Allegri is the language barrier but last year, I remember reading somewhere that he was learning English IIRC.

Reactions: mma

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

True but he’s still fairly unproven especially when compared to someone like Allegri.

D6yvsAVWkAAm8fa

The main issue with Allegri is the language barrier but last year, I remember reading somewhere that he was learning English IIRC.

Holy mother of god, don't mention someone like Allegri on this forum. You start suggesting actual winners and not these hipster xG loving losers and A-M collectively starts hyperventilating.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta should not and will not get sacked even if he finishes 17. When you hire a young manager you accept they must be given decent time and support - which for me is 2 summer windows, 1 full season to settle in and a 2nd season to make their mark. This all on the basis they show some promise, some ability, some improvement etc, and haven’t totally crashed and burnt which obviously would mean you let them go.

Allegri apparently has an agreement to join Roma for next season as long he gets full power on and off the pitch.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Not sure whether Allegri would move to Roma as there were rumours that he wanted a job outside of Italy but if it does happen then it would be such a waste.

Looking at Roma’s squad it’s pretty average and they would need significant investment to have any chance of competing with Juventus, AC and Inter Milan.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

G-Deep is right though even if Arteta completely sh*ts the bed and finished 17th he’s staying tbh.

He’s survived this long without any real internal pressure or real accountability- it’s been individual mistakes, lack of quality and red cards as the reason for this season so it is what it is.

Infact I remember reading somewhere he’s in line for an extension? he doesn’t even have to really win any of the matches coming up really.

Leicester, Burnley, Sp**s, West Ham, Pool mostly better teams. Really he just needs to beat Burnley and he’s fine. Any win on top of that is a bonus.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If he was going to get sacked he would have been gone after the Burnley game. The board have made it pretty clear he's manager for the foreseeable future so there's not really much point debating who we could or should get to replace him, although it's nice to think about.

I absolutely agree that an inexperienced manager needs time to get things right, my issue with that is a club like Arsenal should never be giving a first time manager the job. If you think about it Freddie was actually more experienced than Mikel given that he'd coached the u23's and also had the club legend factor as well. I wouldn't have considered him for the position either.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Furthermore that’s why I get a bit miffed when people threat over fixtures and say “it’s a must win game”.

Like the Benfica tie, even if we lost there would have been moaning, but ultimately we’d just brush ourselves off and go again.

Technically there is no must win game :lol:
We’ve done enough to not get relegated so it’s kinda mission accomplished really.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I actually can’t believe guys are stunting on Rodgers tbh.

Like Poch he’s not a serial trophy winner no, but as far as squad building coaches go and getting the maximum out of ok players he’s one of the best in the league. Poch and Rodgers get you top four or in the discussion. Beyond that, yeah there’s question marks.

Rodgers is the type of manager Arsenal should have been looking at, not a novice who needs a blank chequebook aka Arteta.
And still lose against our subs

Macho

Dusted 🔻

And still lose against our subs
Lol these times I explained in great detail that Leicester’s team isn’t way better than ours.

Today really showed, that was second string as you said. Arteta did well today but is he better than Rodgers? Ofcourse not.

yorch44

Arteta should not and will not get sacked even if he finishes 17. When you hire a young manager you accept they must be given decent time and support - which for me is 2 summer windows, 1 full season to settle in and a 2nd season to make their mark. This all on the basis they show some promise, some ability, some improvement etc, and haven’t totally crashed and burnt which obviously would mean you let them go.

Allegri apparently has an agreement to join Roma for next season as long he gets full power on and off the pitch.

I agree on you but I disagree as well... Would you stick with Arteta? Or would you take the chance on Erik Ten Hag which is far better but still a good project for the future. He reached semis with Ajax and a lot of kids he managed pretty well.

Exactly what Arsenal needs in my opinion. The other way is to stick with Arteta, leti him learn and hope he gets better without losing Saka, Martinelli or Saliba for a not mid table teaam

yorch44

Lol these times I explained in great detail that Leicester’s team isn’t way better than ours.

Today really showed, that was second string as you said. Arteta did well today but is he better than Rodgers? Ofcourse not.
Rodgers is not bad but not good. I won't switch Arteta for someone like him who is not going us any trophy. I would only for someone like Ten Hag who has CL experience. He is similar to klop in the way he works.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Rodgers is not bad but not good. I won't switch Arteta for someone like him who is not going us any trophy. I would only for someone like Ten Hag who has CL experience. He is similar to klop in the way he works.
Yeah that's fair enough tbh.
Come on man :lol: if he finished 17th he’d be gone
lol I honestly doubt it, dude is teflon, the main char in an anime.

Even the Olympiakos runback, it's like Ash Ketchum getting another chance at a gym battle that put his Pickahu in the bin last time out- you couldn't write it.

Top Bottom