• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Unfathomable as it may be, he'll still be here next season because this ceased to be a club long ago & is now simply a caricature of one.

That being said, we should be vetting his replacement now because there are better options out there.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Unfathomable as it may be, he'll still be here next season because this ceased to be a club long ago & is now simply a caricature of one.

That being said, we should be vetting his replacement now because there are better options out there.

Erik ten Hag is available, not right now but at the summer. He would bring this team to a new level and would get the best of our youngsters and even senior players like he did with Tadic and Blind.

He is one of those I wouldn't let pass the opportunity to sign. Similar to Klop. We should not make the same mistake again.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Erik ten Hag is available, not right now but at the summer. He would bring this team to a new level and would get the best of our youngsters and even senior players like he did with Tadic and Blind.

He is one of those I wouldn't let pass the opportunity to sign. Similar to Klop. We should not make the same mistake again.

He's done well with Ajax & I certainly have him among my picks.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
He's done well with Ajax & I certainly have him among my picks.
An his football is actually very offensive but not bad defending. Very well structured and attractive. Working.with Ajax is working with talented youngsters. We have some of that so he can get the best of them and why not bring some players with him like a CM, RB and CF.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Win EL, sack Michael and have a choice of top top managers for an CL challenge in 2022.

🍆
CL football, new elite manager and Dangote stimulus package

200.gif

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Gerrard

He just won the title in Scotland. Stop Celtic getting their no. 10 in a row too.

Proven more than Arteta - but I hate the prick though as a player. Could he forget his Liverpool allegiance?

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Gerrard

He just won the title in Scotland. Stop Celtic getting their no. 10 in a row too.

Proven more than Arteta - but I hate the prick though as a player. Could he forget his Liverpool allegiance?

He was close to forgetting it when he contemplated signing for Chelsea.

If we want him we have a serious chance of getting him.

Abhishek Arora

Always Hoping For The Worst
Rodgers's signings in his first three windows: Y. Tielemans D. Praet A. Perez J. Justin W. Fofana
Arteta's: C. Soares P. Mari Willian G. Magalhães T. Partey D. Ceballos

Harz

Rúben Amorim, only 36 years old, a legend in the making.

At Braga:
  • Takes over in the middle of 19/20 season, the team is 8th in the league
  • He goes 8W 1D 0L in the next 9 games, the team is now 3rd
  • His managerial debut is a 7-1 win away at Belenenses
  • Wins the Portuguese Cup (Taça da Liga), beating Porto in the final (the winner of the league that season)
  • Knocked out against Rangers in the Europa League, losing both games
Sporting CP signs him up before the season ends. At Sporting:
  • 11 weeks before the 19/20 season ends, Sporting is 4th, just lost their key player Bruno Fernandes, 16 points behind the leaders Porto
  • He goes 8W 3D 2L in the next 11 games, still finishing 4th
  • Cue his first full season at Sporting -- a team who hasn't won the title since 2002
  • He went 18W 4D 0L in 22 games currently leading the league by 10 points, unbeaten and clear favorites for the title
  • Wins the Portuguese Cup (Taça da Liga) again
  • Knocked out against LASK Linz in EL qualifiers
Clearly, he's a special head coach: playing exciting soccer, punching above his weight, turning about the fortune of a fallen giant despite losing its best player in years, getting results, and winning every possible trophy en route thus far. He's also very young and plays with a young squad.

The only red flag is his performance in Europe, but I'm sure he'll do well should he for the next season. We already missed out on a few rare great coaches in the past few years, we shouldn't blow our chance again.

SIGN HIM UP!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom