• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He is not going to Shakhtar lmao, can't believe people are even entertaining this.

Since firing at Juve he rejected Milan, Roma, Dortmund and Netherlands jobs. Milan, Roma, Arsenal, Utd, RM, Barca, Juve could all/some potentially be available in a couple months and he's going to agree with Shakhtar before he sees all options in the summer?

His agent just a few days ago said he rejected many approaches because it wasn't the right project, now Shakhtar is IT?

:lol:

Allegri is that you?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

@Toby Andrl in tears that he won't have to endure the crotch sniffer at the dugout anymore.

Couldn't care less about the German NT and ****s like Kroos tbh. At all times felt more like a Swabian than a German. Couldn't care less about those northern loser lands. Also got super mixed heritage from Czech, Czech-German to Italian and even Northern African, so they can **** me. Will never forget my uni times when me and two of my mates were constanly asked if we were brothers or foreign just because we had dark curls or every single time when I flew I had to go through extra security checks with the police when at Dresden airport for my looks. **** that. **** those Eastern German Nazis and those Northern Germans who don't know what a real Brezel tastes and looks like. I'm a Swabian of mixed heritage and I'm proud of that, I'm not a German.

Toby

That is surprising. Thought he wouldn't go back there after knowing first hand how chaotic that club is and talking a lot about wanting to manage in England. On the other hand if he manages to turn them around and save a German behemoth like Schalke, that's another big achievement on his CV. I'd have opted for England, though.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That club just seems totally broken, but it is weird, they have great support have they not? It is a proper club, but everything seems to go wrong there...
There was a German poster on here who said Schalke are the Tottenham Hotspur of Germany, so ever since then I've always had a negative impression of them.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Always sounded like he wanted the Arsenal job to me, maybe taking the Schalke role after realising none of the top six want him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Couldn't care less about the German NT and ****s like Kroos tbh. At all times felt more like a Swabian than a German. Couldn't care less about those northern loser lands. Also got super mixed heritage from Czech, Czech-German to Italian and even Northern African, so they can **** me. Will never forget my uni times when me and two of my mates were constanly asked if we were brothers or foreign just because we had dark curls or every single time when I flew I had to go through extra security checks with the police when at Dresden airport for my looks. **** that. **** those Eastern German Nazis and those Northern Germans who don't know what a real Brezel tastes and looks like. I'm a Swabian of mixed heritage and I'm proud of that, I'm not a German.
I took the bus once from Oslo to Prague, we drove to Trelleborg in Sweden, then the ferry over to Rugen. My friend's parents were boat refugees from Vietnam, so obviously he is not fitting into your perceived picture of a Scandinavian. I'm blonde, 191cm etc.

Upon entering Germany the German border police entered the bus, they didn't bother to look at my passport, but my friend's passport was duly brought out of the bus to their office. They returned some minutes later. Once we reached the Czech border, it was the same routine, they didn't bother looking at mine, his was taken out of the bus to be checked.

Now it was all done politely, but it was difficult not to see this as blatant racial profiling. This was maybe 15-17 years ago, perhaps it is different now.

Toby

Now it was all done politely, but it was difficult not to see this as blatant racial profiling. This was maybe 15-17 years ago, perhaps it is different now.

Yep, it's dendied but it's common practice in Germany. Less prevalent of course where there's more immigrants and mixed heritage, but still. Eastern Germany is horrible in that way. Same goes on when something like a terrorist attack happens. They will always state the culprits heritage when he's not German/not 100% German, but when a German is the culprit it's always just e.g. "the man".

Toby

There was a German poster on here who said Schalke are the Tottenham Hotspur of Germany, so ever since then I've always had a negative impression of them.

Mix between Tottenham and Chelsea sort of. They're a big traditional club with one of the biggest numbers of members and fanbases in Germany, but just absolutely unlikeable, serial bottlers although relatively rich, their "working class from Ruhrpott" shtick gets on everyone's nerves, sponsored by Russians and one of their sugardaddys is this racist ultra capitalist Tönnies (said instead giving Africa money we should build power plants "so maybe they'd stop ****ing at night when they finally get electrical light") with his slave labour powered meat factory. And on top of that a by now a structurally completely broken chaos club.

Reactions: A_G

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Rúben Amorim, only 36 years old, a legend in the making.

At Braga:
  • Takes over in the middle of 19/20 season, the team is 8th in the league
  • He goes 8W 1D 0L in the next 9 games, the team is now 3rd
  • His managerial debut is a 7-1 win away at Belenenses
  • Wins the Portuguese Cup (Taça da Liga), beating Porto in the final (the winner of the league that season)
  • Knocked out against Rangers in the Europa League, losing both games
Sporting CP signs him up before the season ends. At Sporting:
  • 11 weeks before the 19/20 season ends, Sporting is 4th, just lost their key player Bruno Fernandes, 16 points behind the leaders Porto
  • He goes 8W 3D 2L in the next 11 games, still finishing 4th
  • Cue his first full season at Sporting -- a team who hasn't won the title since 2002
  • He went 18W 4D 0L in 22 games currently leading the league by 10 points, unbeaten and clear favorites for the title
  • Wins the Portuguese Cup (Taça da Liga) again
  • Knocked out against LASK Linz in EL qualifiers
Clearly, he's a special head coach: playing exciting soccer, punching above his weight, turning about the fortune of a fallen giant despite losing its best player in years, getting results, and winning every possible trophy en route thus far. He's also very young and plays with a young squad.

The only red flag is his performance in Europe, but I'm sure he'll do well should he for the next season. We already missed out on a few rare great coaches in the past few years, we shouldn't blow our chance again.

SIGN HIM UP!!
I thought he was an Andre Villas-Boas regen?

Toby

Thomas Tuchel unbeaten in his first 13 games at Chelsea with 9 wins and 4 draws, 14 goals scored, only 2 conceded. The 13 games before Tuchel: 6 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses, 19 goals scored, 10 conceded. Without "his" players. Without any sort of pre-season or preparation. Immediate impact. With good transfers business, imo Chelsea will do very well with Tuchel at the helm.

Last edited:

Toby

Btw imo it's pretty clear Allegri is waiting for the Real job. Only big enough name available if Zidane gets the sack. Also heard he's had some family issues and not joined other clubs because of that.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thomas Tuchel unbeaten in his first 13 games at Chelsea with 9 wins and 4 draws, 14 goals scored, only 2 conceded. The 13 games before Tuchel: 6 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses, 19 goals scored, 10 conceded. Without "his" players. Without any sort of pre-season or preparation. Immediate impact. With good transfers business, imo Chelsea will do very well with Tuchel at the helm.
Whilst I agree he's done very well, I felt the existing players that the club see as their future was a big part of why he was brought in.

I don't think Arsenal are doing that, ours is very much a demolition job and I feel the same lack of quality players excuse would have been afforded to Tuchel if he were here.

Not sure why you'd give that job to Arteta mind, but yeah Tuchel walked into better quality. Lampard whilst having a great legacy in regards to youth promotion, was admittedly sh*tting the bed.

mirrorstare

Arsène is the Messi of managers, might not always win but clearly elevates the sport to a new level. Clubs should be bankrupting themselves for the opportunity to be managed by Arsène.

But they don't, hence why the last decade was just the dark ages of La Liga diving their way to European glory followed by this data science/ai inspired automaton football that is as efficient as dull to watch.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom