• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
How the hell are Tuchel and Marco Rose still on that list? They've just got new jobs.
Tuchel only got an 18 month contract so if things go sour early next season they could easily sack him, so if Arteta is still at the club and struggling at that time it's not impossible.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tuchel only got an 18 month contract so if things go sour early next season they could easily sack him, so if Arteta is still at the club and struggling at that time it's not impossible.
Why would you want someone who flopped within 18 months at Chelsea? Especially when Arsenal is a tough job.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Weird list. Allegri apparently heading back to Serie A, Benitez past it, Rodgers too expensive to get out of Leicester, Vieira another young newbie etc.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I also don't get the suspicion of Rodgers. Leicester were solidly midtable, they finished 12th then 9th and 9th. He's made them a CL-challenging team. Isn't that exactly what we need? We're midtable, we need someone to get us to challenge for top 4. If you're going on experience, surely he's the most obvious candidate.

Yeah he's a weirdo, but he's a good coach.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I also don't get the suspicion of Rodgers. Leicester were solidly midtable, they finished 12th then 9th and 9th. He's made them a CL-challenging team. Isn't that exactly what we need? We're midtable, we need someone to get us to challenge for top 4. If you're going on experience, surely he's the most obvious candidate.
The only real mark against Rodgers for me is that he's been knocked out of the EL in the Round of 32 five times. That is a bit suspect considering you don't face the greatest of opposition at that stage.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The bookies haven't got a clue because we're not actively seeking a new manager at the moment so they've got very little to go on currently.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The only real mark against Rodgers for me is that he's been knocked out of the EL in the Round of 32 five times. That is a bit suspect considering you don't face the greatest of opposition at that stage.

He probably doesn't take it seriously which radiates to the players. Hard to win matches if you have no motivation to do so.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

That's fair, but his league record at all his clubs has been good. We're a midtable cup team who give up on the league every year by February to focus on the cup, it's pathetic. That's not what Arsenal is about. He's managed nearly 600 games with a win % of 53%, that's very impressive. He's not even 50 yet, he has more big jobs in the tank. You thnk Leicester is the peak for him? Nah, he's planning to achieve more. If we sacked Arteta and offered him the job in the summer he'd take it 100%. He wants a 'big 6' job.

Ask yourself, if Rodgers went to sp*rs in the summer would you be worried that he'd take them back into the CL and achieve good things with them? I'd be worried about that. I'd be worried that we'd miss out on a really obvious appointment and live to regret it.

If he's good enough for sp*rs why isn't he good enough for us?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's fair, but his league record at all his clubs has been good. We're a midtable cup team who give up on the league every year by February to focus on the cup, it's pathetic. That's not what Arsenal is about. He's managed nearly 600 games with a win % of 53%, that's very impressive. He's not even 50 yet, he has more big jobs in the tank. You thnk Leicester is the peak for him? Nah, he's planning to achieve more. If we sacked Arteta and offered him the job in the summer he'd take it 100%. He wants a 'big 6' job.

Ask yourself, if Rodgers went to sp*rs in the summer would you be worried that he'd take them back into the CL and achieve good things with them? I'd be worried about that. I'd be worried that we'd miss out on a really obvious appointment and live to regret it.

Rodgers was on my wish-list in 2018 :lol: I'd take absolutely him

Iceman10

Established Member

I'm not sure on him saying yes to Arsenal, especially if Leicester qualify for the CL, but I note many including yourself think otherwise.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure on him saying yes to Arsenal, especially if Leicester qualify for the CL, but I note many including yourself think otherwise.
Rodgers has a massive ego. He’ll definitely say yes I think.

Worth noting he’s never spent more than 3 years at a club, he’s brilliant at selecting the right job at the right time.

3 years at Liverpool (impossible to turn down)
3 years at Celtic (trophies on the CV)
2 years at Leicester (proving himself again in the PL)

He’s earned another go at a ‘top’ club I think.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Money talks in football. The super league is suspended for now, but it'll be back. Everything about Arsenal, apart from the first team, is an elite European club. Unfortunately for Leicester they have a natural ceiling, their location, stadium size, global fan base, commercial potential etc. I have all the respect for what Leicester are doing, they're maxing out their potential, but they can only go so far.

Arsenal's potential is untapped. Of course he'd come here.

Internet-Warrior1.jpg

Is this picture of young Ed Kemper or what?

Who’s voting for that weirdo Allegri?

Been out of a job for a valid reason, he’s ****e.

If the guys on here can't pick on that warning sign I fear for them when they are at the bar picking up girls. Not spotting Adam's apple or maybe even something worse could happen.

Ed Kemper is a goddamn unit, 6'9 and also highly intelligent....I wouldn't want to be in the same room with him alone.

The way he was portrayed in Mindhunter was terrifying....

Yeah, Cameron Britton was amazing in that role. Some actors though say when you go so deep into the character you can easily get stuck for a long time there. Hopefully, it didn't happen to him!

Top Bottom