• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yes to all. He wants to do one last project, he's open to coaching again but only if at the same time he's DoF - meaning he won't work under someone else - and just recently he talked about his love for England since he spent time there during University and that he'd be very interested to go there.
Well that rules him out of Arsenal, we just hired a WBA DOF, don't you know.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Maurizio-Sarri-smoking.jpg

Reactions: A_G

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Garlick is replacing Huss Fahmy as the contract guy.

He was chosen for a reason, his past experience as DoF is not a coincidence, I'm sure he'll have a strong voice in our player dealings both signings and outgoings. Any way, Edu is still here which would rule out Rangnick.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
He was chosen for a reason, his past experience as DoF is not a coincidence, I'm sure he'll have a strong voice in our player dealings both signings and outgoings.

Has Garlick ever been involved in signings bar financial issues?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He was chosen for a reason, his past experience as DoF is not a coincidence, I'm sure he'll have a strong voice in our player dealings both signings and outgoings.
It is a coincidience, a WBA fan said this when he was announced:
Garlick was director at WBA for 8 years, he left the year they went down in 2018. His role as director changed during that time though. He started working under Ashton, purely on the contracts side and in negotiations: the club tried to function on a sustainable model, things were working well.

"When Ashton left, Garlick took on a more of the director of football remit, his disconnect from the technical side of the game, along with wearing both hats meant that the quality of signings at WBA suffered - which possibly played a part in their eventual relegation.

"It would make sense for Garlick to take on the negotiations side of things with Edu and Arteta identifying the targets. Sounds as if he fits well with the self-sustaining model, it’s just a much bigger club. The only worry would be if he took on any of the technical-focused roles of the director of football (or whatever Edu’s current title is).

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
You sure of that? I mean this is current Arsenal after all :lol:

Well, if I'm being honest, I think the reason is that Vinai knew him, liked him, and probably had regular drinks with him during his time at the FA committees and recommended him to Kroenke, no more.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Well, unless Edu s being sacked, Raga is not coming. Anyway, do you really see our lot going for Raga? I mean really? Look at the quality of the club's management recruitment so far.
They could get Raga as a manager. He'd crawl to London from Germany for a job like this at this stage of his career.

blaze_of_glory

Surprised with Rafa. He was only ever an idea for me as a caretaker if a manager was sacked mid season. Not sure I would sign him on a multi-year contract without him proving himself first. Too many unknowns with an “old dog”.
Yeah that's a fair comment. I guess I just have some faith that he could steady things and put us on the right track at least in the short term given his Prem experience. You may be right he's not a good option beyond a year or so.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I want an interview on camera from one of Edu or Vinai, front up, explain what the plan is for this club, or I want to see their heads roll. If their heads could roll during the interview then even better.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom