• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Feel Potch is an overrated coach too, tbh...feel he struggles with egos and people shouldn't forget how terrible Sp**s' league form was in the last year or so before he was sacked.

Wouldn't mind him taking over here, to send the Lilywhites into meltdown though.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Potch did a great job for a few years with Sp**s, good enough that I'd be very happy with him here, even though his trophy cabinet is lacking. Feel he'd work particularly well with our young team.

Feel Potch is an overrated coach too, tbh...feel he struggles with egos and people shouldn't forget how terrible Sp**s' league form was in the last year or so before he was sacked.

Wouldn't mind him taking over here, to send the Lilywhites into meltdown though.

Think only AM rates Pochettino. Absolutely failure of coach.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm honestly shocked at all the fawning over Pochettino.

Lest we forget, this is a man who said trophies only serve to build egos.

What the hell is he doing plying his trade at the pinnacle of football for then?

But he is a man of principle, after all. He saw that they had a prime chance of winning Ligue 1 & in a haste to avoid the building of nefarious egos, he allowed Lille to pip them to the title.

Now look at PSG, a group of humble grounded players with not an iota of ego among them 🤣

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Oh c'mon, what am I reading.

Yeah, he was competing at times when the league is not as strong as it is now, but:

First season: 70 pts, 3rd place. Highest league finish since 1990.

Second season: 86 pts, 2nd place. Highest ever Sp**s point tally, first time finished ahead of Arsenal in 22 years.

Third season: 71 pts, 4th place. CL final. Finished above Arsenal for second season straight, after not doing so for 22 years.

Please. Pochettino oversaw the best period in Sp**s recent history, oversaw unprecedented success and respectable performances from them in European football which had not been seen in the modern era ever, and spent two seasons ahead of Arsenal and one season one point behind us after 22 years of finishing behind us.

Calling him a failure at Tottenham is just delusional. He's by a distance their best modern manager. He's the best Tottenham manager I have seen since I started following the Premier League in 1996. That's a low bar but still, calling him a failure is really just nonsense, I'm sorry.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Yeah, it feels a bit dirty to be lusting after Poch but he did do really well with Sp**s and Southampton. I had a look and in 15/16 they finished 3rd, in 16/17 they had a second placed finish. The team and squad wasn't on paper much better than they have now - better defence I'd say but not much in the rest of the team. He had them punching above their weight. Also at Southampton. 8th with Southampton is a big achievement really. The highest that Potter has managed with Brighton to date is 15th

Edit - just seen that @AbouCuéllar has just covered this all already!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Oh c'mon, what am I reading.

Yeah, he was competing at times when the league is not as strong as it is now, but:

First season: 70 pts, 3rd place. Highest league finish since 1990.

Second season: 86 pts, 2nd place. Highest ever Sp**s point tally, first time finished ahead of Arsenal in 22 years.

Third season: 71 pts, 4th place. CL final. Finished above Arsenal for second season straight, after not doing so for 22 years.

Please. Pochettino oversaw the best period in Sp**s recent history, oversaw unprecedented success and respectable performances from them in European football which had not been seen in the modern era ever, and spent two seasons ahead of Arsenal and one season one point behind us after 22 years of finishing behind us.

Calling him a failure at Tottenham is just delusional. He's by a distance their best modern manager. He's the best Tottenham manager I have seen since I started following the Premier League in 1996. That's a low bar but still, calling him a failure is really just nonsense, I'm sorry.
This. A team spending 6th gets 3rd, 2nd, 4th. Best three year league finish since 1962. You'd have to be mental to say that's a failure.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'm honestly shocked at all the fawning over Pochettino.

Lest we forget, this is a man who said trophies only serve to build egos.

What the hell is he doing plying his trade at the pinnacle of football for then?

But he is a man of principle, after all. He saw that they had a prime chance of winning Ligue 1 & in a haste to avoid the building of nefarious egos, he allowed Lille to pip them to the title.

Now look at PSG, a group of humble grounded players with not an iota of ego among them 🤣

17 games under Tuchel 35 pts 34.89 xPTS. 2.058 pts and 2.052 xPTS/g.

21 games under Poch 47 pts 43.38 xPTS. 2.238 pts 2.065 xPTS/g

Do you rate Thomas Tuchel? Because Poch outperformed him last season with the same team. Making this seem a bit of a ridiculous take (that he 'allowed' Lille to pip them to the title...).

Anyways, there are some things about Poch I don't like, I wouldn't even put him at the top of my list of managers I'd like to see take over Arsenal (I'd take Potter and Gallardo over him, and Rose, ten Hag, and Frank I'd all have to study more to know but quite possibly as well), but to say he failed at Tottenham or that he is ****...c'mon, we are just re-writing history. And contradicting ourselves greatly, especially if you rate Wenger, because he oversaw a period in which Tottenham outperformed us in the league and overtook us for CL spots (and was relevant in CL when we were not).

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

17 games under Tuchel 35 pts 34.89 xPTS. 2.058 pts and 2.052 xPTS/g.

21 games under Poch 47 pts 43.38 xPTS. 2.238 pts 2.065 xPTS/g

Do you rate Thomas Tuchel? Because Poch outperformed him last season with the same team. Making this seem a bit of a ridiculous take (that he 'allowed' Lille to pip them to the title...).

Anyways, there are some things about Poch I don't like, I wouldn't even put him at the top of my list of managers I'd like to see take over Arsenal (I'd take Potter and Gallardo over him, and Rose, ten Hag, and Frank I'd all have to study more to know but quite possibly as well), but to say he failed at Tottenham or that he is ****...c'mon, we are just re-writing history. And contradicting ourselves greatly, especially if you rate Wenger, because he oversaw a period in which Tottenham outperformed us in the league and overtook us for CL spots (and was relevant in CL when we were not).

I do rate Tuchel & believe he should've been hured when Arteta was circling the drain last December.

Also, the jibe concerning Lille was tongue in cheek. You would've noticed it had you clearly read my post.

You'd enjoy AM if you didn't take things seriously🤣

TornadoTed

Established Member
I keep reading that Poch has failed at PSG, I'm interested to why people have this view as I haven't seen them enough under him to form an opinion.

I know they got thumped in the semis of the Champions League by City and lost the Ligue 1 title but he only took over in January. This season they are 6 points clear at the top of Ligue 1 already and top of their group in the Champions League.

Are they playing poorly and getting bailed out by individual quality or something?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah, it feels a bit dirty to be lusting after Poch but he did do really well with Sp**s and Southampton. I had a look and in 15/16 they finished 3rd, in 16/17 they had a second placed finish. The team and squad wasn't on paper much better than they have now - better defence I'd say but not much in the rest of the team. He had them punching above their weight. Also at Southampton. 8th with Southampton is a big achievement really. The highest that Potter has managed with Brighton to date is 15th

Edit - just seen that @AbouCuéllar has just covered this all already!

It's more the manner on which he did it. He was in an upward trajectory, from Espanyol, to Soton and finally Sp**s, he made every club better with very little money to his disposal.

Thank God Levy is Levy and decided to keep control to himself. The man can sell a player, sure, but he is a horrible squad builder and was lucky Kane, Son - and to some extent, Ali - panned out.

Just look at what he did with the Modric and Bale money.

You add Kane always wanting to make it about him and you get their mini downfall.

You can point at no trophies, but he took them to a CL final and made them a bit less of a joke. Thats honestly monumental when it comes to Sp**s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom