• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
With Rangnick about to be interim manager at Utd, we have the summer to get Ten Haag and Overmars. The lack of PL experience is a concern but we are spending to go backwards so we need something else at this stage. I wanted Mancini but it will be 2023 before we can get him and that's too long. Let's reset before we fall further behind.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seeing Rangnick about to be appointed by Man United made my cry a bit inside 😟
Yeah they are sorted now. Not so much with Ragnick as coach. More about the consultancy after. He will analyse the squad for Gegenpressing, decide who can and can't do it. He will then recommend the next manager who will be perfect for a proper rebuild. They already have a good foundation.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
With Rangnick about to be interim manager at Utd, we have the summer to get Ten Haag and Overmars. The lack of PL experience is a concern but we are spending to go backwards so we need something else at this stage. I wanted Mancini but it will be 2023 before we can get him and that's too long. Let's reset before we fall further behind.
I think United will be on Ten Haag for the summer. The options we’ll be left with are:

Patrick Vieira
Graham Potter
Lucien Favre
Pochettino (unlikely)

I would prefer it if United went for Poch. Good coach but he’s lost a bit of shine since leaving Sp**s.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
+1 for your Ten Haag / Overmars combo but not for Mancini. He's one I'd avoid personally.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I think United will be on Ten Haag for the summer. The options we’ll be left with are:

Patrick Vieira
Graham Potter
Lucien Favre
Pochettino (unlikely)

I would prefer it if United went for Poch. Good coach but he’s lost a bit of shine since leaving Sp**s.

Vieira or Potter.

Hard pass on Favre as he's unproven outside of the Bundesliga & no to Pochettino who simply does not have the winning mentality to take on a club of our level. The man was moaning about the unimportance of trophies when he was at Sp**s, they're perfectly made for each other :lol:

Barry

Why avoid Mancini?
Fair question, just not a fan personally. He was for me a little underwhelming with City, put together a fantastic tournament team with Italy but they are now struggling in a poor group for the World Cup. I don't think he's a long term option for Arsenal and think there are better options out there.

Barry

You go for Potter or Roberto
Potter would be interesting and would be in favour of him. Far bigger gamble than gets made out on AM though, his Brighton team's haven't done much despite the hype though this might be the season that changes.

Poch is a winner - of football matches. It's only time before he gets a major trophy and would take him in a heartbeat. His body of work blows Arteta & Potter away imo

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Potter would be interesting and would be in favour of him. Far bigger gamble than gets made out on AM though, his Brighton team's haven't done much despite the hype though this might be the season that changes.

Poch is a winner - of football matches. It's only time before he gets a major trophy and would take him in a heartbeat. His body of work blows Arteta & Potter away imo
Poch aint coming here mate!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He's 100% safe for the entirety of this season, that is for sure. I'd say 6th and above guarantees he's here next season too as much as I'd disagree with that.

Ornstein keeps saying European football is the aim.

Could finish 7th and keep his job if we’re in the conference league tbf.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think looking at the changes happening around us, it should encourage the decision makers to take a closer look at the progress being made under Arteta. I'd love him to succeed and prove the football world wrong, but we cannot waste time if he still underperforms with a complete squad of his choosing.

The Conte and Rangnick appointments have the potential to close the top five and the rest of us may be adrift of them for the forseable future.

We must continue to add quality players to our squad ASAP, and put direct pressure on Arteta. There arent many top level, proven top level professionals left, if we need to make a change in the coming year or so. I'd count Potter, Ten Hag, possibly Potchettino, Tuchel and probably Rose/Nagelsman as ones who could be available.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom