• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger šŸ™
Trusted ā­

Player:Saliba
Ornstein keeps saying European football is the aim.

Could finish 7th and keep his job if weā€™re in the conference league tbf.
Amazing. Seems like yesterday people thought it laughable that we found it difficult to progress beyond the last 16 of the CL. Now they're hoping we'll make the Conference league. :lol:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Arteta's football is rubbish but let's be honest, he seems to have unified yer club behind the scenes. Saw Rio Ferdinand do an interview the other day and said he'd been behind the scenes at Arsenal and got the impression everyone was signing from the same hymn sheet, which hasn't been the case for a few years now.

It will take a lot for him to go any time soon, and now he also has the excuse of building a young team, which will need "time".

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

Amazing. Seems like yesterday people thought it laughable that we found it difficult to progress beyond the last 16 of the CL. Now they're hoping we'll make the Conference league. :lol:

Step by step imo.

Win that and weā€™re in the Europa League. Win that and weā€™re in the CL again by 2024.

Imagine if he goes Klopp? History repeating again for Arsenal.

Lol ā€œgoes Kloppā€. Heā€™s a mid table has been.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Imagine if he goes Klopp? History repeating again for Arsenal.
He's got the vision to turn Man United upside down if they let him. He's got a strong record as a coach but more so to build a culture of excellent modern football at the club. For all their money United have had a rotten centre since Ferguson left. Rangnick could change that. I say could because you never know with United, plus nothing is ever guaranteed. I'm gutted that we missed out on him though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

He's got the vision to turn Man United upside down if they let him. He's got a strong record as a coach but more so to build a culture of excellent modern football at the club. For all their money United have had a rotten centre since Ferguson left. Rangnick could change that. I say could because you never know with United, plus nothing is ever guaranteed. I'm gutted that we missed out on him though.

Donā€™t know if itā€™s that formidable tbh.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Arteta's football is rubbish but let's be honest, he seems to have unified yer club behind the scenes. Saw Rio Ferdinand do an interview the other day and said he'd been behind the scenes at Arsenal and got the impression everyone was signing from the same hymn sheet, which hasn't been the case for a few years now.

It will take a lot for him to go any time soon, and now he also has the excuse of building a young team, which will need "time".
How much time? All iv heard since he came is time! By the summer hes had 2.5 seasons with possibly no improvement!

Barry

This is one of the things I like about Arteta (and possibly Edu, but I still don't trust him!). There does at least seem to be some strategy and the club looks quite unified. For all the negativity on the forum we are still 5th in the league with reasonably good form running back to Christmas last year. We also have the youngest squad in the league by quite a margin which suggests that we keep improving next year. There are good signs, but dodgy midfield & attack is a huge issue and Arteta has been found out against the better teams

Makingtrax

Trusted ā­

This is one of the things I like about Arteta (and possibly Edu, but I still don't trust him!). There does at least seem to be some strategy and the club looks quite unified. For all the negativity on the forum we are still 5th in the league with reasonably good form running back to Christmas last year. We also have the youngest squad in the league by quite a margin which suggests that we keep improving next year. There are good signs, but dodgy midfield & attack is a huge issue and Arteta has been found out against the better teams
You've found a strategy? Last year he aquired some older players, this year he's got rid of some of those and got some young ones.

Is that it?

Malky

Established Member
Arteta isnā€™t getting binned. Thereā€™s clear progress.

Weā€™re going places.
nah, the only " places we're going " is back down the league. The stats behind our wins are hard to ignore - any other team doing that and everyone on this forum would be calling it what it is - a fluke.
5th place with the stats we have is not sustanable, we need to drastically improve or we're heading for another 8th placed finish.

Paperino

Itā€™s Timo Time

Of course everyone accept Arteta behind the scenes. If you do anything to make him irritated you are out.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

No Woodward already or is that at the end of this season? The stage is set for Ralf to come in and do his thing if the Glazers let him.

Sigh. Guess it's time to make Ralf Wanknick a thing now, I guess.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

You checked out that post about the process not working? I'll admit it's my Arteta out bias that makes me agree with it more than I should, but we've only got 3 goals from open play that weren't jammy as **** and it does get backed up by the eye test and the negative GD.

I just hate that our strategy for the past 3 years has been "pray we get lucky".

Barry

You checked out that post about the process not working? I'll admit it's my Arteta out bias that makes me agree with it more than I should, but we've only got 3 goals from open play that weren't jammy as **** and it does get backed up by the eye test and the negative GD.

I just hate that our strategy for the past 3 years has been "pray we get lucky".
Don't know if I've seen that exact post but I've heard all of the arguments on here before, seen us play enough times. I think sometimes this forum lacks a bit of nuance & realism about our current position. It might not be pretty but the season hasn't been a disaster (yet) either. But yeah, I don't disagree with you either - if we don't improve, and fast then we'll struggle for top 6 this season, let alone the Champions League

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ā­

nah, the only " places we're going " is back down the league. The stats behind our wins are hard to ignore - any other team doing that and everyone on this forum would be calling it what it is - a fluke.
5th place with the stats we have is not sustanable, we need to drastically improve or we're heading for another 8th placed finish.

If we win against Newcastle we could be six points off the top at the end of the weekend.

Struggling to see how itā€™s all doom and gloom tbh.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ā­

I think Arteta is just a great salesman, he has a way of convincing people, be in players/coaching staff/journalists that his way is the right way, and to be fair to him; it's an essential skill for a top manager to have.

My actual issue is with the statergy. He's been he's 2 years now and in that time we've seen the stratergy change from going with experienced guys (Cedric/Mari/Willian/extending auba/Luiz ect) to now all of a sudden this youth project. Its a real scatter gun approach.

We see this in his style of play as well, he was on record last season saying he wants 433, when he first came he said something along the lines of Arsenal can't be boring, then goes and spends the vast majority on defensive players. It tells me he lacks a clear identity (at this moment in time) that the top coaches have.

Malky

Established Member
If we win against Newcastle we could be six points off the top at the end of the weekend.

Struggling to see how itā€™s all doom and gloom tbh.
The table is flattering us, because in all honesty we've not been that good. We have spells in games where we play decent, get a goal (from a corner, freekick or pen, because we're incapable of scoring from open play) then get absolutely battered but somehow hold on. Our open play goals (or lack of them) stats, chance creation stats, even our passing and possesion stats are horrific. Liverpool was perfect example of what we're seeing under Arteta - playing decent for a spell, but then we get battered, and in this case it was a top class team that took their chances and punished us.
We should be beating Newcastle, anything less than 3 points is a disaster, it's the United game that'll be the test of where we're at.

Makingtrax

Trusted ā­

Iā€™ll change your face if you donā€™t watch it
Used to respect you, how did you end up a low grade troll? :lol:

EA48-C051-7976-44-D4-8-DF5-2-A71-BC4862-CE.jpg

C1-DC2-D5-D-FE83-4980-81-E4-C1-A67158-E260.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom