• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rodgers is an interesting one. Significant seasons of overachievement coupled with some down years. I heard he did well in Scotland as well but not sure.

I think he doesn’t get enough ratings for having Leicester in races for the top four deep into the season, I think with more funds he would have qualified for the CL two years in a row which is huge for Leicester. There’s only so long you can overachieve for though and what I see from them isn’t surprising now.

I do think he’s earned another shot at a big budget but I don’t think I’d sack Arteta for him.

100% a victim of his own success (well not success but the fact he had Leicester competing like that and won the FA Cup too). And let's not forget his impact was pretty much instant too.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He done a great job at Östersunds too:

Funny that Potter is being held to such high expectations with such an elite club like Brighton who should be competing for the CL straight after being promoted but Arteta hasn’t been given that same energy by some.
Potters CV just reads like a guy who is going to end up at a big club and just never look back.

Clear success and improvement everywhere’s he’s been. He just needs to be careful and not spend too long at Brighton. I think he’s first choice for most teams in the league outside of the top3 who will probably go for bigger names.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
100% a victim of his own success (well not success but the fact he had Leicester competing like that and won the FA Cup too). And let's not forget his impact was pretty much instant too.
The truth is one of the greatest and richest clubs in the world is being run by at best, at best an average PL manager. After last season; during season timing isn’t right, but after last season I would of fired him for anyone of 10 Pl managers and Ancellotti and a few more big continental managers as well. Giant club, giant resources and a highly average manager who tries really hard, hurray.

Farzad Stoned

Thomas Frank is also a very good call like Potter they don’t have big money but their teams punch above their weight. Last year Brighton beat us and Sp**s on back to back games if I recall correctly. Those are like once a decade wins for a tiny club like Brighton.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Fwiw I think there’s a very small minority on here who straight up want Conte as Arsenal manager. There’s a slightly larger (but still small) group who would take him if he was available.

There is a sizeable group who think that Conte is the better manager without wanting him as our manager though, that’s the group I’m in and that’s usually what’s being talked about on here.

If we desperately needed a manager I’d take Conte reluctantly and immediately start looking for a more medium-long term guy. Guys like Potter are my first choices by quite a bit.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Nah once you go Sp**s the dream is dead tbh. I wanted Conte at Arsenal until that happened, think he'd have gotten a bit more mileage out of our most recent squads. People get at Conte's football, but Arteta has been dreadful for well over 2 years straight so I don't get that one.

One reason I've always been meh on Poch even though he'd be perfect to get back into top 4 and develop talent, he's a Sp**s guy.

I wouldn't even know who I would replace Arteta now, this squad is his. Unless there was another half billi to fund a do over I'd be very reluctant now.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Fwiw I think there’s a very small minority on here who straight up want Conte as Arsenal manager. There’s a slightly larger (but still small) group who would take him if he was available.

There is a sizeable group who think that Conte is the better manager without wanting him as our manager though, that’s the group I’m in and that’s usually what’s being talked about on here.

If we desperately needed a manager I’d take Conte reluctantly and immediately start looking for a more medium-long term guy. Guys like Potter are my first choices by quite a bit.
It’s just Conte, Conte, Conte with you lot isn’t it? Smh, I hope he climaxed three times while you gnoshed him off in this post.

samspade

I wouldn't even know who I would replace Arteta now, this squad is his. Unless there was another half billi to fund a do over I'd be very reluctant now.
Squad’s nicely tailored 4-3-3 now tbf, ten Haag would enjoy having it for example.

samspade

Cards on the table, I don’t want to trade Arteta for anyone because I want to know how this story ends. I think he could be an elite manager but he’s in a difficult starting league as he’s amongst his more senior, more experienced, better equipped elite brethren (if he’s elite).

Edit: I also think the journey back to this position could have been much more painful but it’s difficult to see as we only have our continuation of the time line to look at. I think Conte probably have gotten something together on the pitch faster, but I question the sustainability and am not interested in the style of football.

Farzad Stoned

It’s just Conte, Conte, Conte with you lot isn’t it? Smh, I hope he climaxed three times while you gnoshed him off in this post.
Don’t be dishonest I gave you a list of a dozen people I’d fire Arteta for at the end of last year and others have produced tons of names. I have zero loyalty to any manager, certainly none to any Sp**s manager. Tons of names could do a better job with the support Arteta has been given and other Arteta critics also discussed numerous other names I’d take Potter over both Conte myself.

Don’t be mad at Bus Driver Tony for publicly clowning Arteta and stealing his lunch money

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I remember when half this forum were in love with the idea Hasenhuttl :lol:

Other than the obvious big names probably the only one I'd be really interested in is Potter.

Rodgers, Moyes etc I don't see them as being obvious upgrades on Arteta. Decent managers though. Both are known commodities. Arteta's on the upswing.

Howe is one to keep an eye on though. I've always rated him as an own brand Wenger ( I mean that as a compliment) another season or two of doing well and he could become an option If he wants to move back down south.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Only one who’s a definite upgrade is Oberfuhrer Scotty Parker.

gettyimages-1660220085.jpeg

Drip ✅
Hairline ✅
Swag ✅
English legend ✅
Arsenal Manager < 6ft ✅
👍✅

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
I remember when half this forum were in love with the idea Hasenhuttl :lol:

Other than the obvious big names probably the only one I'd be really interested in is Potter.

Rodgers, Moyes etc I don't see them as being obvious upgrades on Arteta. Decent managers though. Both are known commodities. Arteta's on the upswing.

Howe is one to keep an eye on though. I've always rated him as an own brand Wenger ( I mean that as a compliment) another season or two of doing well and he could become an option If he wants to move back down south.

Still want him, give Arteta Soton's approach to squad building, he would be in the Bananarama league

Basically give him anything that isn't tutorial mode and watch him take the team to new lows like he did with Arsenal getting them away from Europe. By default, it's not that 19 PL managers can do better, it's that they already did.

Farzad Stoned

Still want him, give Arteta Soton's approach to squad building, he would be in the Bananarama league

Basically give him anything that isn't tutorial mode and watch him take the team to new lows like he did with Arsenal getting them away from Europe. By default, it's not that 19 PL managers can do better, it's that they already did.
He is at best 2 and a half years in the job average, and that is at best. He bungled his way to the finish line last year in a manner that I think few experienced pros would have. His decision to run a thin squad, not strengthen January and to cut an already thin squad was beyond disastrous. Not mention Saliba killing it in France while Cedric and Holding decided our CL, did Saliba become better than Holding in 3 months?

Top Bottom