• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Taxi Driver

Who appoints Campos or Ragnick? Because they'd essentially be taking Edu's job so he wouldn't appoint them. Forget about the Kroenkes knowing who either of them are too.

Just show Kroenkes this tidbit from Rangnick's wiki page and he'll be appointed tonight:

Rangnick is a proponent of focusing sports and economic results together. He raised the market value of his teams from 120 to 1.2 billion.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
This would be the best bet tbh, if we're stuck maybe Josh might give Wenger a call and ask for advice on who to appoint in the roles.
Nah. Josh won't call Wenger. He sided with Gazidis to force him out. He's more clueless than his old man when it comes to jumping character. Stan was pro Wenger and the jealous son and minions couldn't stand being left out. What a job they've all done.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd go Posch, but he won't join due to the Sp**s past. Allegri doesn't strike me as a good fit. Benitez I like. He would have us winning games. Posch or Benitez for me

If we had to go the ex player route, then it would be Vieira. He'd get our French speakers pumped up including Matteo and Saliba and is a genuine legend. He'd come in as interim with Ten Haag lined up for the summer.

novar

Give me back the optimist tone of Life After Arteta

this title sounds like those clowns saying we will have to suffer him whatever it happens are completely right.

Malky

Established Member
Potch or Rodgers were always my top choices, but I feel like the club won’t pay what they’ll need to get Rodgers out his current contract and I’d imagine Potch isn’t interested, going on what he’s said.

I really like the idea of Ragnick until the end of season before he takes over as DOF. Then we should seriously consider Hasenhuttl.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Potch or Rodgers were always my top choices, but I feel like the club won’t pay what they’ll need to get Rodgers out his current contract and I’d imagine Potch isn’t interested, going on what he’s said.

I really like the idea of Ragnick until the end of season before he takes over as DOF. Then we should seriously consider Hasenhuttl.

Ragnick and Hassenhuttl fell out at Leipzig I think. We need to pay Leicester the money for Rodgers, do whatever it takes to get him if they decide to sack Arteta.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Max Allegri and Rangnick if anything, but the Italian is the most winner, he has been training great players and clubs for the longest time too and seems to have learned english, most likely he is the best manager too. I prefer him to Pocchettino or Benitez. Now, all of these are better than Arteta.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Should do everything to get Rodgers, really impressed with his game plan against Mourinho.

ChefMan21

Not that I think Arteta should go yet - he needs a couple more windows IMO, or at least some time with a good creative midfielder in the side - but since asked:

Conte because he's a hard arse and Premier League winner. Bring Skriniar and Martinez with you, please.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Rangnick is a two in one special and would appeal to Arsenal in the short term. I suppose if he wants to focus on DOF duties specifically, the club could grovel at Arsène's door or bring in Rafa for short term deal.

Thereafter its either Potch or Rodgers for me, I would go for either of the two as they are able to build solid sides, the former (Potch) with little to no backing, and the latter with both little backing and decent backing.

As for Arteta, I would offer him redeployment to our u23 team, allowing him further development in that space, but under the clear direction of the Arsenal style of footy, which is progressive attacking at the forefront.

Rangnick, Potchettino, Wenger, Benitez. All possibly available immediately, or we focus on Brendan in the summer and prepare for his arrival.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Why Poch? He won nothing at the ****.

Fine margins, look where he took those no hopers, and how he worked with Southampton before.

Now add a proper plan and financial backing to that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I've been a snob against Rodgers after that Bring Liverpool documentary years ago where he was like a David Brent rip off but he's more than proven that he's a quality coach.

All his teams play lovely stuff, would be so nice to see us playing like that. Can't see our board paying the money it would take to get him though.

Malky

Established Member
Glad to see Rodgers getting the recognition he deserves. People turned their noses up at him a year ago when there was rumours we were interested before hiring Arteta, but he’s a top class coach and has teams playing good attacking football.
However, the contract he’s on is a huge problem, we’d need to pay big money to get him here and, with our board, it’s likely they’ll look at cheaper options.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Glad to see Rodgers getting the recognition he deserves. People turned their noses up at him a year ago when there was rumours we were interested before hiring Arteta, but he’s a top class coach and has teams playing good attacking football.
However, the contract he’s on is a huge problem, we’d need to pay big money to get him here and, with our board, it’s likely they’ll look at cheaper options.

Yeah I have to be honest I didn't put respek on Brendan's name but it's sh!t like the story about him having his own feature piece portrait hanging in his house and this video that just killed me:

He's proven himself with Leicester now but our board ain't gonna cough up.

Rangnick is a two in one special and would appeal to Arsenal in the short term. I suppose if he wants to focus on DOF duties specifically, the club could grovel at Arsène's door or bring in Rafa for short term deal.

Well actually wouldn't the only reason to bring Rangnick in, be to focus on the future? I'd expect him to be dual manager DOF till the end of the season but my expectation would be to make him DOF with a manager coming in under him in the summer.

That's the only scenario I'd bring him in, no short term role and someone else's comment in here about him being only a decent manager put me off from wanting him here in both roles long term.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rodgers has grown a lot recently. I don't know what happened up in Scotland but it helped him a lot it seems. He's a more mature manager now, obviously that'll naturally come with experience but what he's doing with Leicester is very impressive. Question is can they sustain it this season?

Latest posts

Top Bottom