• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The club only missing people like Luis Campos i don't get why we let go Cagigao him edu and Artera would have been good mix. Stat DNA is good if using it right because it cover everything but I'd prefer a guy with good scouting experience

Taxi Driver

Someone please make the ****ing phone call.

The worry with Arteta is not that we're midtable; even though it of course stings.

The worry is that we'll miss out on genuine managing talent (like Rangnick, or even Tuchel or Rose), only to let Mikel go anyway, but with no worthy alternative available at that time.

Once again we'll be shown to be reactive instead of proactive.

In that interview Rangnick is almost goading us to get him:

Probably in one of my former lives, I was an Englishman. Whenever I fly to London, in the last three minutes [descending] into Heathrow it feels like coming home. I know it’s crazy.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Nagelsmann isn't going to Sp**s ffs. He's not a *****.

Sp**s rate him.

I rate Emma Watson. Same chance of both leading anywhere.

Last edited:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The worry with Arteta is not that we're midtable; even though it of course stings.

The worry is that we'll miss out on genuine managing talent (like Rangnick, or even Tuchel or Rose), only to let Mikel go anyway, but with no worthy alternative available at that time.

Once again we'll be shown to be reactive instead of proactive.

In that interview Rangnick is almost goading us to get him:

Yup, he definitely was twerking for us, when he talks about visiting Highbury.

You dont have to fire Arteta even, just demote him back to first team coach and get him working with some world class expertise.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Rangnick is such a no brainer really. He's looking for a big club rebuild as his last project, he's even putting himself out there for foreign clubs.

The sheer experience and ability to streamline clubs and build them according to certain ground principles, scouting, building feeder clubs, how to operate in the market. It's all there.

Just imagine what a man of his capeabilities and experience and his clear vision could do not with a just founded German no name in the 4th or 5th league, but an ex behemoth like Arsenal in the PL.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
As long as we can secure Rangnick, I could make peace with Rose and Nagelsman being snapped up by other clubs.

There are great "young" coaches out there flying under the radar, the likes of Rodgers, Potter, Fonseca, Gallardo, ten Hag, Howe, and even Villas Boas could do a job in a functioning system at the club.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I could make peace with Rose and Nagelsman being snapped up by other clubs.

Funny you mention Rose because I've been thinking about him a bit recently amidst his transfer to Dortmund. You know, I guess the hallmark of a great coach is to give his teams means to consistently break down any sort of defence. And imo Rose (and to a certain degree Nagelsmann, too), are still learning how to give their teams more weapons when they see far more of the ball than their opponent cause when you got the ball and apply their style, your gegenpressing has to be absolutely fierce, relentless and top notch in terms of triggers etc. I think Klopp is the master of that but to keep that up you need maximum fitness and I think we're seeing Liverpool break down due to that. After years of exercising this Klopp football perfectly they're now paying the physical price.

Rose is far away from an absolutely flawless gegenpress like Klopp has managed to build twice now, but still yet to compensate for that by giving his teams more tools to attack when they got more possession due to being favourites. It will be very interesting how he adapts his football at Dortmund who are usually in a similar situation to Bayern as being favourites and having more possession in almost every Bundesliga match.

And while I absolutely do rate Marco Rose, I think hiring him could turn both ways for Dortmund, as I think a massive, massive problem for them has been their shifting from philosophy to philosophy and thus incoherent recruitment:
Klopp/Gegenpressing -> Tuchel/possession -> Bosz/Gegenpressing -> Favre/possession -> Rose/Gegenpressing.
Thus they have a squad which neither fits any of the philosophies properly. A fast paced Gegenpressing system with Thomas Delaney and Axel Witsel in midfield and Mats Hummels in a high line?:lol: (Kudos though to Mats Hummels, he's slow as **** but still overall their best defender which imo is only testament to his quality)

And the funny thing is, you look at someone like Rose who's so far ahead on his trajectory and development as a coach in contrast to Arteta, having developed a certain (surely not perfect or fully developed) clear identity and style, successfully implemented that at two clubs and won silverware - and you still find flaws. Now look at Arteta who's lightyears away from that, having only shown he can pick up bits and pieces here and there but not yet develop and implement a coherent identity and you kind of realize the sheer madness of appointing Arteta as Arsenal.

Last edited:

Taxi Driver

Then again, you know us, we don't do sensible things - and Rangnick is the most sensible of them all.

Arteta is Kroenkes' Willian - they know he's bad, but they're sticking with him in the hope of making a point further down the line...hopefully.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Looooool people STILL hating on Arteta, mans gonna have to go on a 30 game winning streak to see any positivity from some of you bellends.

Nagelsman hasn't stepped foot in this country and might never go to Sp**s, yet all of a sudden he's the second coming? Piss off.

Blaziken

Looooool people STILL hating on Arteta, mans gonna have to go on a 30 game winning streak to see any positivity from some of you bellends.

Nagelsman hasn't stepped foot in this country and might never go to Sp**s, yet all of a sudden he's the second coming? Piss off.
nagelsmann is 100x the manager than that spanish fraud

Top Bottom