• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lol he'll never go there Sp**s lucky to even get mourinho who was desperate to back to manage. Nobody would like to work under levy

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Hold up! Mourinho might be available?
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Talking about new manager is useless i think the club gonna give Arteta another season unless things turned very ugly again specially if we out from europa league and can't push for top 6 finish.

Even if we beat Benfica on wednesday, there are still 5 matches to win the competition. Our team in Wenger's last season was better than this and we couldn't win it, then we got to the final and couldn't win it...there's a chance, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Arteta is very lucky there are no fans in the stadium, it would already be very ugly.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Bosz see not suited for PL football just like Ralph hasenhüttl he love to play high line little cars about defending it may be big problem in PL
I don't think he cares little about defending because he plays a high line. He plays a high line for the press, so basically forward defending.

I just think he's a brilliant coach with a clear vision and Ajax played the most beautiful football in years under him, even better than that year in the CL with Ten Hag imo (which was amazing and objectively as an achievement even better). Don't know if it would ultimately work out in the PL for him, but I'd be keen to see him at a nice footballing club here.

Would I hire him if Arsenal were still a top 4 club and close to title contenders? Probably not. Would I hire him now that Arsenal has fallen to midtable, needs to punch above their weigth and the target is to get back into top 4? I'd definitely call him.
Thanks mate!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
7 actually

Oh I forgot about round of 32, right yeah, so we win this and there's still 3 two-leggers and a final. And it's basically our only hope of European football next season to keep our finances afloat. Precarious is an understatement.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Brendan for me now. He just keeps growing as a manager and understands our league completely

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Not a big fan of Overmars to be honest, I think I've pointed out several times on this forum that he rarely manages to create a balanced squad and has had to rely on the inventiveness of his coaches to remedy the imbalance (Bosz: Sinkgraven to LB just an example) or he spends too much money on very average players from the domestic league (Klaiber, Labyad).

His recent dealings have been quite good, though, in terms of finding talented players like Kudus and Antony and there is always risk involved so it can happen that players don't really work out. Still, the list of poor transfers in the last few years is quite long: Promes, Marin, Pierie, Orejuela, Kristensen, Wöber, Siem de Jong, Cassierra, Bandé, Labyad, Magallan, etc.

In terms of coaches I would be really happy with both Ten Hag and Bosz. Have been a fan of both.
You know he gets good money back for them though, if they don’t work out. That’s something we can use.

He’s good at keeping players happy, keeping their contracts healthy and making them stay long after they’re past our usual level, raising the level at our club.

And the diamond players he gets ahead of other clubs.... next level bro.

I think a TD like Overmars could do more for our club than a new manager.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if we beat Benfica on wednesday, there are still 5 matches to win the competition. Our team in Wenger's last season was better than this and we couldn't win it, then we got to the final and couldn't win it...there's a chance, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Arteta is very lucky there are no fans in the stadium, it would already be very ugly.
The no fans i agree he wouldn't survive when we were so down in table he done very well to get things together since Chelsea it's not a major turnaround but there is idea and plan how to play

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Brendan for me now. He just keeps growing as a manager and understands our league completely

You know, I used to absolutely loathe old Brentan. Especially after seeing that 2012 Liverpool documentary. I suppose he was quite green in his managerial career at that stage, and it seems like he’s learnt from his mistakes.

AW49

What is the knock on Gasperini? Been wondering this for a while. He has consistently performed better than expected for a substantial period of time whilst playing a very attractive brand but yet never seems to get linked with the big jobs? I know he had a failed stint at Inter but that’s going back 10 years ago now. Usually these over performances at smaller clubs are tough to balance with European competition once qualified (Naglesmann/Hoffenheim, Wolves a couple of years ago etc etc.) but it’s remained with Atalanta/Gasperini.

Hard to find a coach in Europe that’s performed as well with a non big club since 2016/17

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
You know he gets good money back for them though, if they don’t work out. That’s something we can use.

He’s good at keeping players happy, keeping their contracts healthy and making them stay long after they’re past our usual level, raising the level at our club.

And the diamond players he gets ahead of other clubs.... next level bro.

I think a TD like Overmars could do more for our club than a new manager.
Quite possibly, I do think Overmars is a relatively good TD in many aspects, but I'm just so often annoyed with the squad balance by the end of the summer window. In the last few years he does rectify many mistakes with minimal loss, he has improved in that regard.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Quite possibly, I do think Overmars is a relatively good TD in many aspects, but I'm just so often annoyed with the squad balance by the end of the summer window. In the last few years he does rectify many mistakes with minimal loss, he has improved in that regard.
He’ll fit in perfectly here, first half of the season no attacking midfielders, second half only 1 leftback who was injured for a month.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom