• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

Joestlaachmkr

He's a good manager, but sadly it is 2021 and he has zero pull. Players would sign for Arsenal based on Wenger's name, Emery has won trophies so players may have believed he could deliver again at Arsenal. With Arteta, you could just about sell the project. No chance top players will be motivated to play for HoweHe's a good manager, but sadly it is 2021 and he has zero pull. Players would sign for Arsenal based on Wenger's name, Emery has won trophies so players may have believed he could deliver again at Arsenal. With Arteta, you could just about sell the project. No chance top players will be motivated to play for Howe.
what makes you think star players was/is more likely to join the club under Emery or Arteta instead of Howe? (if he was Arsenal boss, of course).

I personally think Howe is among the most underrated managers in football, and i would much rather have seen him as our manager instead of Emery or Arteta. Will be interesting to see what Howe can do with Celtic.

glitchform

Might be time to bring Wenger back and let him run the club.

You'd be better off assassinating the Kroenke's. They own all the shares after all.

Not that I condone it, of course, and I will be obliged to condemn you vigorously as a moral duty. But I'm sure with your insider knowledge it is an option.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Too many people say Howe is underrated to truly be underrated.

Furthermore he was only capable of playing one way with Bournemouth and he was never called out for it. Not like Wenger did or Bielsa currently does. He’s better than Arteta though definitely.

akhil

Too many people say Howe is underrated to truly be underrated.

Furthermore he was only capable of playing one way with Bournemouth and he was never called out for it. Not like Wenger did or Bielsa currently does. He’s better than Arteta though definitely.

I liked Howe's teams but some of the transfers under him were criminal. The Solanke and Jordan Ibe ones especially.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
what makes you think star players was/is more likely to join the club under Emery or Arteta instead of Howe? (if he was Arsenal boss, of course).

I personally think Howe is among the most underrated managers in football, and i would much rather have seen him as our manager instead of Emery or Arteta. Will be interesting to see what Howe can do with Celtic.

Howe isn't a name in football outside of England. It does make a difference. James Rodriguez has as much as said that he wouldn't even think about joining Everton if Ancelotti wasn't there. Numerous of our ex players have mentioned that the idea of playing for Webger brought them here.

Emery is a proven winner. Arteta has a name in football, granted it's not a Zidane, Pirlo or Pep but it carries some respect.

I think Howe is a good manager but sadly in modern day football, that isn't always enough as you're dealing with players with big egos and big salaries.

Joestlaachmkr

Howe isn't a name in football outside of England. It does make a difference. James Rodriguez has as much as said that he wouldn't even think about joining Everton if Ancelotti wasn't there. Numerous of our ex players have mentioned that the idea of playing for Webger brought them here.

Emery is a proven winner. Arteta has a name in football, granted it's not a Zidane, Pirlo or Pep but it carries some respect.

I think Howe is a good manager but sadly in modern day football, that isn't always enough as you're dealing with players with big egos and big salaries.
I agree that Howe isn’t a household name in international football. But how can a manager become a big name if he’s not given a shot at a big club? I mean, Klopp was not that highly regarded until after his success with Dortmund (No, i’m not comparing Howe & Klopp as managers, lol. Just an example). And it’s a lot harder for British managers to land a top job here in England than what it is for a young manager (who has proven themselves in smaller clubs) to get the chance of managing a big club in Bundesliga or in Serie A. World class managers, who’s a proven winner, can make a difference when it comes to signing star players. But i also think the name, brand, reputation, resources and history of a club would weigh even higher whether this or that club can attract world class players or not. And remember, James had already played under Ancelotti before joining Everton.

That said. Howe would certainly not be on my top 5 list of potential candidates, if we are going to look for a new manager anytime soon.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆

tumblr_png3m48fzC1vvwgg7o3_500.gifv

Joestlaachmkr

OT. But it’s kinda funny to see spuds actually thinking they can attract world class managers like Nagelsnann, Allegri or Simeone if JM gets the boot. Lol!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going for Sarri or Howe is just sacking a manager and then going for someone else for the sake of it. No longevity in either of those. If Arteta goes out of the EL tonight for example and needs to be replaced in the summer you go for the very top or you persist with Arteta.

Top Bottom