• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

So therefore winning the Champions League is easy?

Sorry to have to interject but that's a strawman.

He wasn't saying that winning the Champions League was/is easy, rather just because you win one doesn't mean you're necessarily a good manager, then he used Di Matteo as an example.

Aight I'm out....

tenor.gif

TinFish

Tony Pulis?
Ahead of Arteta? Yes.

Just put it this way, he wont have any favourite players (Willian for example) and won't play dross that impact the results. I'm sure he will give Martinelli more playing time and won't sub off Aubameyang after hitting the post.

Now tell me what other manager would make idiotic decisions like this? I can't think of anyone...Maybe Southgate.

Balboa

Ahead of Arteta? Yes.

Just put it this way, he wont have any favourite players (Willian for example) and won't play dross that impact the results. I'm sure he will give Martinelli more playing time and won't sub off Aubameyang after hitting the post.

Now tell me what other manager would make idiotic decisions like this? I can't think of anyone...Maybe Southgate.
He'll give Martinelli more playing time will he?

Pulis is the man who said Gnabry wasn't good enough to play for West Brom...

TinFish

He'll give Martinelli more playing time will he?

Pulis is the man who said Gnabry wasn't good enough to play for West Brom...
Neither at Arsenal. Gnabry didn't create as much fuss at Arsenal compared to Martinelli.

I would compare Gnabry to Balogun at Arsenal currently.

Joestlaachmkr

want Laudrup. Want to see some *exy football.
Michael Laudrup announced his retirement as manager 1-2 years ago.

But Laudrup did a pretty good job time with Swansea, and he made them play good football. There were rumours back in 2013 or something that Liverpool considered him.

Joestlaachmkr

Rodgers would be mad to come here. It will only be his vanity that will make him go for this poisoned chalice.
I don’t get all this hype surrounding Rodgers, to be honest.

Brendan Rodgers is a great manager, but he’s far from being on the same level as either Tuchel, Klopp or Pep. Rodgers would not be my first choice, but he would certainly be a better choice than what Emery and Arteta turned out to be.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We need a manager that has experience. Not a novice.

I think Eddie Howe will be a better manager for us. We don't need a big name manager, as we won't be able to afford him and he'll want a brand new team. We need a manager that will make the current players play abover their level. Wish there was a young Wenger out there.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
At the moment, you need a manager who is not afraid to give young player chances not like a certain manager who refuses to give Saliba & Martinelli a chance, good man management to manage his players not a certain manager who doesn’t give his player second chance from his mistake like Guendouzi, and someone who can develop and improve players because Kronke is not Roman abramovic or sheikh mansour.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
At the moment, you need a manager who is not afraid to give young player chances not like a certain manager who refuses to give Saliba & Martinelli a chance, good man management to manage his players not a certain manager who doesn’t give his player second chance from his mistake like Guendouzi, and someone who can develop and improve players because Kronke is not Roman abramovic or sheikh mansour.
This - let's stop giving this stupid contracts like with PEA and Partey.

No more 30 million pound signings for a while. We need to face the reality we are in and develop our young players to become players valued at 30 million or more.

Sell Lacazette - free up the wages. Sell Bellerin, Xhaka. Take losses on them just to clear up wages.

Invest in a technical CM player to pair with Parety. We need somebody that can run and also dictacte - who is the next Bruno Fernandes. Honestly, we need to be looking at the Portuguese league as they are going through their Golden Generation.

New goalkeeper or promote Ryan. Get a backup. Get rid of Leno. Center back rotation should be fine with Saliba coming back. Keep Luiz for his experience alone.

Pay up Wilian's contract so he can sod off to the States.
Do we have an U23 player that can play right back? What about Joel Lopez for leftback backup. Push Tierney as he can't be relied upon to stay fit.

Just need to change our style of player which a new manager that has experience and an attacking identity.

Jellon Lamb

Do the people bringing up Bielsa really think he’d leave Leeds for Arsenal, this summer? I realize he’s never been long for any club he’s ever managed but he’s 65 years old and he’s been a part of something special at Leeds. They absolutely worship him there and he genuinely seems to love them back.

Just don’t see him leaving that situation for the mess at Arsenal. Especially at this stage of his career.

Now Rodgers is a different story. Unless he’s changed his stripes, he’s always seemed keen for step up to a bigger club. Yes, Leicester are in a better position than us but I also think he’d be up for getting a crack at being the guy who brought Arsenal back.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Good post and fair comments here. I agree about Galtier. He is surprising me as well. He was indeed a pretty defensive minded manager but having said that it think it was more a matter of the players he had at his disposal. With this Lille team, he is spoiled with talent and while he is not playing possession football, his team is very well structured, attack minded and play of the strengths of his attacking players (speed, fast transitions, technical skills). He is really having a great season.
One thing about Galtier, forwards tend to progress with him. He did a lot for PEA when he was a St Etienne. Jonathan David is really doing well under him as well at LOSC. Having said that, he is playing next to a monster called Burak Yilmaz. I am awe looking him play at 35.

If we're looking at Lille, surely Campos is the person we need?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Would love Bielsa, Ten Haag, Hasenhutl or Sarri, but don't see any happening. They'd have us playing a good brand of football and all exude passion.

Not wishlist material, but what are peoples thoughts on Vieira? Club legend and French legend; the fans would be on side and he'd have every players respect.

Even if he only got Saliba and Guendouzi back on board, had Martinelli in the mix, Pepe playing and Aubameyang believing it would be worth it for 18 months!

Iceman10

Established Member
Would love Bielsa, Ten Haag, Hasenhutl or Sarri, but don't see any happening. They'd have us playing a good brand of football and all exude passion.

Not wishlist material, but what are peoples thoughts on Vieira? Club legend and French legend; the fans would be on side and he'd have every players respect.

Even if he only got Saliba and Guendouzi back on board, had Martinelli in the mix, Pepe playing and Aubameyang believing it would be worth it for 18 months!
I don't think fans will necessarily be on side after the Arteta experience. Calls are for a manager with a proven track record. I think for Ek's sake he should really get a guarantee for fans that none of the club legend players involved with his effort will go after the job.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom