• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Until PSG sack Potch and hire him.
Can't see him being a fit at PSG with their squad.
I would assume he'd be content to wait for the right opportunity. He can probably pay the bills without being gainfully employed.
That has nothing to do with it. He's in a similar situation to Mourinho where certain jobs are off-limits because of his past or not fitting in with their preferred style.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Arsenal looking for new manager.Someone heard about that.

giphy.gif

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If our fans make a protest outside the grounds & stop attending matches you'd think they'd have to seriously think about it then? Our board can't ignore it forever if the fans consistently boycott the matches. Thats how Wenger got the sack eventually. Fans are how you make money & all that.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If Wenger can be sacked by the club for not delivering bums on seats and Champions League football, then Mikel is definitely in the firing line.

I've softened a bit on him, guess its pity creeping in, and hope he convinces us a little before the end of the month. Feel if he fails this period, he will be in the managerial wilderness for a while.

And yes, I have made peace with this season being over already.

Malky

Established Member
If Wenger can be sacked by the club for not delivering bums on seats and Champions League football, then Mikel is definitely in the firing line.

I've softened a bit on him, guess its pity creeping in, and hope he convinces us a little before the end of the month. Feel if he fails this period, he will be in the managerial wilderness for a while.

And yes, I have made peace with this season being over already.
The sad thing is, when Wenger was in charge the demand, and expectation, was top 4 and Champions League football. Soon as that stopped the club sacked him. Same with Emery - missing out (by a whisker) on top 4 and losing a Europa final wasn't good enough so he also got sacked.
However, the club have literally said that the now expectation is a " respectable league position " this season and if we challenge for a Europa spot then great, if we don't? No big deal.
For a manager that's had so much investement he is under no pressure at all. Unless we're in, or around, the bottom 3 at Christmas then there's no chance the club will even consider sacking him.

It's so sad to see how low the standards at this club has become.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
My brother can get PSG tickets btw, think I’m going to go Paris a few times and watch Neymar/Messi before they both decline. Don’t care about Arsenal tbh, not going to stress anymore.

Neymar is the best footballer in the world for me.

Paris? Bro you haven't gone out of Amritsar for the past 15 years.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I hear people saying Conte won't come here for a long term project. Who knows maybe he fancies a different challenge and wants to shake the 1-2 year short term tag he has.

He reminds me of Mourinho at the moment, does great for a couple of years and then it all falls apart. It isn't a good look in my opinion.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

When this starts becoming a regular thing again:
4A166D6C00000578-5487597-There_were_a_lot_less_people_there_than_the_59_131_official_atte-m-23_1520786291955.jpg

They won't abide empty seats when the rest of the league is back up to full attendances post Covid
Arteta getting sacked and Arsenal hiring Conte are two different galaxies though.

I don’t see Arteta here in 2022 but I don’t see Conte here either, this job could put quite a dent in his reputation.

I’d be up for a 9 month reign before Conte inevitably explodes though, don’t get me wrong. I actually agree with the Mourinho-esque stuff described above.

SA Gunner

Arteta getting sacked and Arsenal hiring Conte are two different galaxies though.

I don’t see Arteta here in 2022 but I don’t see Conte here either, this job could put quite a dent in his reputation.

Yup, the next manager will be someone who has the ability to pick a team up with little to no help upfront. None of the glamorous, fair weather, big spending managers in the game would be open to taking a risk with this Arsenal. Not without immediate, big money assurances.

Whoever comes in next would be someone who knows how to deal with a scrap. Hopefully a better option than Big Sam.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yup, the next manager will be someone who has the ability to pick a team up with little to no help upfront. None of the glamorous, fair weather, big spending managers in the game would be open to taking a risk with this Arsenal. Not without big money assurances.

Whoever comes in next would be someone who knows how to deal with a scrap. Hopefully a better option than Big Sam.
The squad we’ve put together and with our executives- I could only see a fixer upper manager like Potter, Howe, Rodgers or Benitez making something happen with it.

I’d have taken any of those except Howe probably, but yeah I can’t see Conte looking at this and having much time for it.

I’ve seen him turn water to wine with Victor Moses which I could see him doing with AMN, but building around guys like ESR and Saka? I can’t even picture it at all. For all the crap we give Arteta atleast he’s put the cream of the academy front and centre.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Until PSG sack Potch and hire him.

Which trophy doesn't Conte have? The CL. And which trophy is the biggest for players and the most highly rated managers? The CL. Conte isn't waiting around to get the Arsenal job, he's imo waiting for PSG, City or Real Madrid.

Can't see an Ancelotti era happening at Madrid and the players who apparently didn't want Conte will be gone in a while. Pep already said he's about to step down in a bit. And the most likely candidates are obviously PSG - they're only one bust up or one botched CL knockout game away from Poch getting sacked.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I don't see it with Conte. Not that he wouldn't come; he might given lack of options. But who in their right mind see Conte working well with this kind of squad? He actively opted for (very) experienced players at Inter. Also - he'll demand big funds for next summer and will staart a new rebuild of his own.

We need someone who is good at developing young(ish) players and working with what they're given. I voted Mancini, but in reality don't know if he's it either, really.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Imo the very best thing we could do is to replace Edu with a strong and experienced DoF like Rangnick, Campos, Edwards or even Wenger himself. Give them the mandate to organise the club as they see fit with attractive football as the guiding star.

Hell, I'd guarantee Farteta 3 years if it would get us getting Rangnick

SA Gunner

Imo the very best thing we could do is to replace Edu with a strong and experienced DoF like Rangnick, Campos, Edwards or even Wenger himself. Give them the mandate to organise the club as they see fit with attractive football as the guiding star.

Hell, I'd guarantee Farteta 3 years if it would get us getting Rangnick

I was listening to Tom Canton from The Gooner Talk earlier today, and laughed at how he suggested that Michael Emanelo was the man for Arsenal because he has "done it with Chelsea", and that Rangnick, Campos and Overmars were "good but nowhere near the level of Arsenal and its needs" :lol:

The beauty of bringing in someone like Rangnick, is that the board could actually keep Arteta and let Rangnick evaluate him first. If he sees he can work with Mikel, then great... under his direction. Otherwise he can bin Mikel, take over the first team duties and apppoint someone to take over the management duties at some later stage.

Well, that's my dream anyway, and Im willing to compromise with the club and allow Arteta to continue to reach his promise.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I was listening to Tom Canton from The Gooner Talk earlier today, and laughed at how he suggested that Michael Emanelo was the man for Arsenal because he has "done it with Chelsea", and that Rangnick, Campos and Overmars were "good but nowhere near the level of Arsenal and its needs" :lol:

The beauty of bringing in someone like Rangnick, is that the board could actually keep Arteta and let Rangnick evaluate him first. If he sees he can work with Mikel, then great... under his direction. Otherwise he can bin Mikel, take over the first team duties and apppoint someone to take over the management duties at some later stage.

Well, that's my dream anyway, and Im willing to compromise with the club and allow Arteta to continue to reach his promise.

Your dream sucks, tbh. Any dream that involves Arteta staying sucks, imvho. Arteta has to go for his personality, his double talk, his weaselly politician-like maneuvering with the press and most of all his despicable man management. I'm frankly dumbfounded that you could tolerate such a man should continue representing Arsenal and call it a dream.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Poch to Arsenal would be great.

Arteta seeing his boy come in and work wonders with what he has available would be sticking the knife fully in. Just need PSG to underachieve and then they’ll sack him. Conte to PSG and Poch to Arsenal is more likely.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Poch to Arsenal would be great.

Arteta seeing his boy come in and work wonders with what he has available would be sticking the knife fully in. Just need PSG to underachieve and then they’ll sack him. Conte to PSG and Poch to Arsenal is more likely.

If Arsenal wait for Potch to be free before sacking Arteta, I will have burnt all my Arsenal shirts and taken up Ant racing in my garden by then.

DasBootist

Your dream sucks, tbh. Any dream that involves Arteta staying sucks, imvho. Arteta has to go for his personality, his double talk, his weaselly politician-like maneuvering with the press and most of all his despicable man management. I'm frankly dumbfounded that you could tolerate such a man should continue representing Arsenal and call it a dream.
I still can't get over Arteta refusing to give Saliba a chance in the first team. If he were succeeding at coaching a winning side I would have accepted it as a talented manager not rating him, but it's clearly a personal issue as Saliba is proving his ability in Ligue Un.

I'm just counting down the days 'til he is relieved of his duties.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom