• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I still can't get over Arteta refusing to give Saliba a chance in the first team. If he were succeeding at coaching a winning side I would have accepted it as a talented manager not rating him, but it's clearly a personal issue as Saliba is proving his ability in Ligue Un.

I'm just counting down the days 'til he is relieved of his duties.

What p!sses me off even more about the predicament is that he used Saliba's parents' passing as a reason why he wasn't ready.

Then in January at the beginning of 2021 when Saliba went to Nice he basically rubbished all of that and said Arteta judged him on only two and a half games.

On top of that Arteta defenders keep using that as a reason why Saliba isn't ready...smfh.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Conte has the exact mentally we need when it comes to young players.

If they’re good enough and can help us win they’ll play, otherwise it’s the reserves or loan for you.

We seem to be fixated on players sometimes just because their young, and might be the next Fabregas. When in reality he was such an exception, even Saka is yet to reach that level.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Your dream sucks, tbh. Any dream that involves Arteta staying sucks, imvho. Arteta has to go for his personality, his double talk, his weaselly politician-like maneuvering with the press and most of all his despicable man management. I'm frankly dumbfounded that you could tolerate such a man should continue representing Arsenal and call it a dream.
Spot on.

Imagine wanting Arteta to stay :lol: :lol:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Which trophy doesn't Conte have? The CL. And which trophy is the biggest for players and the most highly rated managers? The CL. Conte isn't waiting around to get the Arsenal job, he's imo waiting for PSG, City or Real Madrid.

Can't see an Ancelotti era happening at Madrid and the players who apparently didn't want Conte will be gone in a while. Pep already said he's about to step down in a bit. And the most likely candidates are obviously PSG - they're only one bust up or one botched CL knockout game away from Poch getting sacked.
Conte almost got the Sp**s job, who are pretty far from winning the CL, he would definitely be interested in the Arsenal job.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

**** me people are dumb. I just don’t get wanting Conte for this Arsenal squad. It’s literally the most short term thing the club could do. He just doesn’t work with young players (Pogba being the exception and he was a generational talent).

He’ll spend a year or two playing Holding and Mari over White and Gabriel, replacing ESR and Martinelli with some 30 year olds and favoring Elneny over Sambi just to then fall out with the board and leave the club worse off than now with a new rebuild on our hands. It’s literally his MO throughout his career.

Beyond naive from posters that are usually sound this…

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
**** me people are dumb. I just don’t get wanting Conte for this Arsenal squad. It’s literally the most short term thing the club could do. He just doesn’t work with young players (Pogba being the exception and he was a generational talent).

He’ll spend a year or two playing Holding and Mari over White and Gabriel, replacing ESR and Martinelli with some 30 year olds and favoring Elneny over Sambi just to then fall out with the board and leave the club worse off than now with a new rebuild on our hands. It’s literally his MO throughout his career.

Beyond naive from posters that are usually sound this…
It would be worth it if he won the league tho.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

We are run by bumbling criminals!

latest

How can you knock back Conte for fecking Arteta?!

Bumbling buffoons they may be, but "The Wet/Sticky Bandits" stole our young hearts in the early 90's. Arteta stole our thunder & uploaded it to Pep's iPad. Talk about a raw deal :lol:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

Arteta getting sacked and Arsenal hiring Conte are two different galaxies though.

I don’t see Arteta here in 2022 but I don’t see Conte here either, this job could put quite a dent in his reputation.

I’d be up for a 9 month reign before Conte inevitably explodes though, don’t get me wrong. I actually agree with the Mourinho-esque stuff described above.

A period of sharp improvement before the inevitable crash & burn associated with Conte's reign is infinitely preferable to the steady decay we're facing under Arteta.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Conte almost got the Sp**s job, who are pretty far from winning the CL, he would definitely be interested in the Arsenal job.

If there's any truth to that I guess he might've been thinking with a few additions he could get another PL in a very short time. I'd actually wager Conte could pull that off.

jjmcjohnson

Vieira passed part 1 of his audition today, the second part in a couple of weeks when palace come to the emirates.

Won it all as a playerl, natural leader played under some brilliant managers and has massive cojones

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

How close/far away are Arteta of getting the boot? And how likely is it that we would get Conte as a replacement?

The sword of Damocles is primed for him.

Conte, whilst a coup if we can land him, is unlikely at this point.

Malky

Established Member
The sword of Damocles is primed for him.

Conte, whilst a coup if we can land him, is unlikely at this point.
I'm not sure it that unlikely, in all honesty. What options does the guy have? Can't see City taking him once Pep steps down, Barca are a **** show and in serious debt, Real Madrid is possible if this season is a failure. Only other option is waiting for Poch to get the boot at PSG, which might not happen.

We're still the biggest club in London, it's proven that the owners are willing to invest in the side and we've got a squad full of exciting talent. Plus he's probably bitter towards Chelsea and would like to get one over on them.

If Arteta goes I'd still say that Conte is the favourite for this job.

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure it that unlikely, in all honesty. What options does the guy have? Can't see City taking him once Pep steps down, Barca are a **** show and in serious debt, Real Madrid is possible if this season is a failure. Only other option is waiting for Poch to get the boot at PSG, which might not happen.

We're still the biggest club in London, it's proven that the owners are willing to invest in the side and we've got a squad full of exciting talent. Plus he's probably bitter towards Chelsea and would like to get one over on them.

My only concern is that he'll have assessed the players & determined who is crucial to his plans, he'll immediately demand reinforcements.

All well & good. My only gripe that the money frittered away by Arteta/Edu would've been better kept to entice Conte.

He's my first choice & the majority like me would have him here.

It's just that I've my doubts that KSE would be comfortable working with an ambitious & confrontational firebrand like Conte.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

The biggest club in London in our hearts unfortunately mate.

I think Potch is a good call by the way, and I am more optimistic than you are, in that Potch may be available sooner than we think, with Conte being his replacement.

What is critical though is that we get the back office right. I want us to bring in an excellent manager, but we must also get back to maximum velocity behind the scenes.

We were the leader in talent management at one point, we need to get back there again.

Top Bottom