• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

TornadoTed

Established Member
Be careful what you wish for!

I had a quick nose around on one of the Leicester City forums and it was quite interesting. They aren't calling for AM favourite Brendan to be sacked by any means but a lot of fans are criticising him for 'micro managing', 'over complicating' their play.

Hmmmm sounds familiar.

Interestingly too he is getting a bit if flack for the two ex Southampton boys, Vestergaard and Bertrand as well as Ayoze Perez. Apparently with those three he has overruled the scouting department who favour hidden gems preferring 'proven' players with Premiership experience.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A win tomorrow and Potter is top of the league.

I dream of him every single night.
Potter v Arteta is going to be the only way as Edu is clueless and basically needs to be forced to look right at our next manager.

Might get my half and half Arsenal-Brighton scarf out for this one.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Also see that Rodgers might have taken Leicester as far as he could. Think they’ve punched above their weight for a good three years in a row now, it might be time to move on. 👀

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I had a quick nose around on one of the Leicester City forums and it was quite interesting. They aren't calling for AM favourite Brendan to be sacked by any means but a lot of fans are criticising him for 'micro managing', 'over complicating' their play.

Hmmmm sounds familiar.

Interestingly too he is getting a bit if flack for the two ex Southampton boys, Vestergaard and Bertrand as well as Ayoze Perez. Apparently with those three he has overruled the scouting department who favour hidden gems preferring 'proven' players with Premiership experience.
Difference is Rodgers will have a huge budget at Arsenal.

He’ll be shopping in a different store entirely.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If Arteta can manage to get another win this week vs Brighton who are looking pretty strong then I'd say without a doubt that Edu has to go before Arteta. Those 2 have their major differences on players so one has to go before the other, before both at once. Get someone like Overmars or Rangick in place of Edu. Even bring Wenger back as DOF if he wants.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Jesse Marsch will most probably be available very soon but I dont want him since he seem to be crap.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Hmmmm sounds familiar.

Yeah, been saying for a while Rodgers is easily the most overrated British manager. I repeat: Graham Potter and Dean Smith >> Rodgers
Also see that Rodgers might have taken Leicester as far as he could. Think they’ve punched above their weight for a good three years in a row now, it might be time to move on. 👀
Punched above their weight in some important part by outperforming their performance level significantly. Last season Leicester's xPTS was 59.75 and Arsenal's 58.72 despite our horrid first half of the season....
Difference is Rodgers will have a huge budget at Arsenal.

He’ll be shopping in a different store entirely.
Now maybe but he's had a similar squad cost or more in recent seasons (and as discussed in another thread, if you compare our squad quality last season, you'd be hard pressed to say they weren't either equal or Leicester's a bit superior thanks to Thomas' injuries and our oversight in entering the season and playing nearly half of it without an attacking midfielder).

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
My manager.

zoryas-head-coach-yuriy-vernydub-looks-on-during-the-uefa-europe-a-picture-id625567628

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I've held my tongue in this thread after a satisfactory performance in the NLD.

But my opinion hasn't changed. Yesterday was a stark contrast between a well coached team & one that is confouded by theirs.

They're a good team Brighton, but put Potter on our bench & in command of our players & he would've beaten Brighton convincingly.
Potter is a top four manager in the league. I only rate Pep, Klopp and Tuchel over him overall. For a club like us I’m taking him ahead of Tuchel as well.

If he goes to Sp**s (a high possibility) we are ****ed for some time.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I've held my tongue in this thread after a satisfactory performance in the NLD.

But my opinion hasn't changed. Yesterday was a stark contrast between a well coached team & one that is confouded by theirs.

They're a good team Brighton, but put Potter on our bench & in command of our players & he would've beaten Brighton convincingly.
He won't be at Brighton long. His patterns of play through the middle of the park were in sharp contrast to our misplaced passes and bumbling efforts.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Potter is a top four manager in the league. I only rate Pep, Klopp and Tuchel over him overall. For a club like us I’m taking him ahead of Tuchel as well.

If he goes to Sp**s (a high possibility) we are ****ed for some time.

If the spuds get him in before we do they're certain to have a resurgence reminiscent of the early Pochettino days.

That can't be allowed to happen if we have a chance.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The Swedish team he managed (Östersund, took them from the 4th Division to playing us in Europe) are about to get relegated. They’ve completely turned to **** since he left.

That's where he first impressed us.

He actually came to the Emirates with Östersund, unfancied, and won the match playing fantastic football!

He's carried on the same with Brighton, showing he's not some flash in the pan.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

PotterBall:

Ramsdale
White Saliba Gabriel
Tomiyasu Partey ???? Tierney
Saka ESR
????
He’d win us the league ffs.

Top Bottom