• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Manager Wish-List Thread

Who do you want?

• Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

• Christophe Galtier

• Roberto Martinez

• Paulo Fonseca

• Gian Piero Gasperini

• Total voters

AmsterdamGunner

Wouldn’t surprise me at all, if Man United give Ole the boot any time soon, and they snaps up Conte right in front of our eyes, just as Chelsea did with Tuchel last year. While the board the keep going with Pep-wannabe.

#ArtetaOut
Never mind Conte, Newcastle will start talks with Overmars to get him and Ten Hag. We have to get Overmars in, Edu could even stay in an assisting role to Overmars.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Least it looks like Ole is staying at the wheel...means Arsenal still have a chance of getting Steve Bruce, thank God!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I can't even begin to scratch the surface of why that pervert should never get a sniff of the Arsenal job. The balls on you to suggest it. :lol:

Funny comment :lol:

Seriously though he’s got a great CV. Transformed the way Germany play and turned them into contenders.

For me he makes the most sense.

Seriously though he’s got a great CV. Transformed the way Germany play and turned them into contenders.

He had a golden generation of players though. His club record isn't a patch on it. He doesn't deserve a sniff at it.

Atlanta manager or Ajax manager (who I wanted before arteta). Bring Overmars and Bergkamp with him.

AmsterdamGunner

He had a golden generation of players though. His club record isn't a patch on it. He doesn't deserve a sniff at it.

Atlanta manager or Ajax manager (who I wanted before arteta). Bring Overmars and Bergkamp with him.
Overmars and Bergkamp aren’t big friends anymore. They had a row at Ajax which resulted in Bergkamp and friends leaving the club and Ten Hag getting the manager job at Ajax.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I'm very wary of guys whose greatest success comes with the National Team while their club record is middling. He's not available but for me, the guy to go after if we're looking at someone who transformed a NT but who also has success at club level, it's Mancini.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I think it's because I know I'll never be invested in another Arsenal manager to the degree I was with Arsène. Just makes me feel meh about whoever's in charge.

The club just needs to bring in the right guy - whoever that is. Wenger had that charisma and the corresponding abilities as a manager to infuse and permeate a whole club with his ideas and energy, really being the motor driving the whole machine. And lets not forget he was a very, let's say "complete" manager in that everything always was about more than football - Wenger primarily stood for the footie of course, but due to his character, positivity and outlook on things beyond the sport had a way bigger profile than your average "I'm just focused on the football"-guy.

There are similar managers out there, think Klopp is the most similar in that way, think Simeone is similar in those regards, too, but imo there's also a few younger guys out there who show similar traits in terms of character, energy, positivity and who give you these "I'm going to win you all over and take you on a journey" vibes.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The club just needs to bring in the right guy - whoever that is. Wenger had that charisma and the corresponding abilities as a manager to infuse and permeate a whole club with his ideas and energy, really being the motor driving the whole machine. And lets not forget he was a very, let's say "complete" manager in that everything always was about more than football - Wenger primarily stood for the footie of course, but due to his character, positivity and outlook on things beyond the sport had a way bigger profile than your average "I'm just focused on the football"-guy.

There are similar managers out there, think Klopp is the most similar in that way, think Simeone is similar in those regards, too, but imo there's also a few younger guys out there who show similar traits in terms of character, energy, positivity and who give you these "I'm going to win you all over and take you on a journey" vibes.

Your first paragraph is why someone like Potter appeals to me. He's got the same sort of holistic approach to the game that Arsène.
Sometimes I think maybe we've got to give up the ghost on a Arsène type though and just move in a totally different direction because I can't see anyone living up to Wenger's legacy or achievements. The more similarities a prospective manager has to Wenger the more we're going to compare them and I don't think that's fair on whoever takes over after Mikel.

Totally agree with the Klopp comparison.
Obviously stylistically he's a bit different to Arsène but he's able to draw players in and nurture and motivate them to an exceptional degree.
I think Klopp's a bit more of the cool uncle sort compared to Arsène's kindly teacher 😁but both very charismatic and endearing in their own ways. You'd run through a brick wall for either of them if you were their player I think.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Klopp was the successor to Wenger, and we should have gone for him IMO. As much as I love Arsène, do I feel he and the club missed a trick in 2015, when Klopp left Dortmund. Or perhaps Arsène and the club were too late.

GettyImages-185579277.jpg

I always come back to this picture and wonder, what was discussed on that day, what could have been.

Today, I do think that Potter is the next manager we should look to, and I feel we can get him for next season. What matters also is us continuing our work behind the scenes, with possibly a new DOF coming in as well.

Joestlaachmkr

Never mind Conte, Newcastle will start talks with Overmars to get him and Ten Hag. We have to get Overmars in, Edu could even stay in an assisting role to Overmars.
I wouldn’t mind having Ten Hag as our next boss. But my no 1 choice would still be Conte. He has already proved himself at practically every level of world football, and he has a great record of turning a decent team to a great team. I also like Conte’s «do or die» attitude, i think that’s something that this squad needs.

Yeah, i would love to see Overmaars as DoF. That would be a great recruitment.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
think Simeone is similar in those regards, too, but imo there's also a few younger guys out there who show similar traits in terms of character, energy, positivity and who give you these "I'm going to win you all over and take you on a journey" vibes.
Simeone is a name that hasn't come up much, but would be a terrific appointment. Some would struggle with his pragmatism and brand of football, but the guy is a serious motivator and a winner. Of course, he'd be a hard one to land.

AmsterdamGunner

I wouldn’t mind having Ten Hag as our next boss. But my no 1 choice would still be Conte. He has already proved himself at practically every level of world football, and he has a great record of turning a decent team to a great team. I also like Conte’s «do or die» attitude, i think that’s something that this squad needs.

Yeah, i would love to see Overmaars as DoF. That would be a great recruitment.
But would you want Conte if he demanded full responsibility for all transfers in and out? That’s what he wants. I like Conte too but I don’t like to give the club to a manager that way.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly - Look at some of the comments

Painful knowing we’ll keep Arteta for way too long. Didn’t allow myself to watch the video. 😂

Not a guaranteed and proven name but probably one of the safest risks you could take. I doubt anyone would be surprised if he turns out the next big manager.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Simeone is a name that hasn't come up much, but would be a terrific appointment. Some would struggle with his pragmatism and brand of football, but the guy is a serious motivator and a winner. Of course, he'd be a hard one to land.
Have you seen his salary at Atleti? Kroenke would never pay him that, and I don't blame him. He's good but he's not that good.

Joestlaachmkr

Diego Simeone publicly stated that he wasn’t interested of becoming Arsenal manager back in 2018, once it became clear that Wenger would leave after the 2017-18 season. Simeone has also said that the he has no ambitions of being a manager in the EPL, and that he would prefer Italy (outside of Spain). Another thing, is the fact that Simeone is the highest paid manager in world football. And there’s no way that Kroenke & Co would meet his demands.

Anyway, we had the chance to get rid of Pep-wannabe and get either Tuchel or Conte in. And there will probably be a long time before world class managers like that are on the market again.

Top Bottom